Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54th District Draw
When is the draw?
hazard vs perry leslie vs buckhorn
are you serious playmaker?
ky playmaker Wrote:hazard vs perry leslie vs buckhorn

Never seems to change. The other 3 districts love to see this draw each year. Only have to beat one.
Thats the info I got
This info is correct. Leslie is hosting the district this season. 2-24 is the date.
I think hazard vs perry is on the 23rd leslie vs buckhorn is on the 24th
54th District Tournament at Leslie County

Tuesday - 2/23/16 at 7:00pm
Hazard vs Perry Central

Wednesday - 2/24/16 at 7:00pm
Buckhorn vs Leslie County

Friday - 2/26/16 at 7:00pm
Championship Game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There is really not a good draw in this district. I hate that my Commodores drew Hazard because Big Al has his team with its new transfer playing good ball. Buckhorn is tough as anyone at tourney time and Leslie at home is tough.
The 54th needs to start seeding the two best teams in the region meet the first game of the district. Happens a lot a competitive disadvantage for this district. The truth is out there. Brother Cecil.
I saw this kid play for Hazard the other night had three dunks in the fourth quarter and I left before the game was over. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
This district will never seed. It takes 3/4 vote to make it happen. Leslie and Buckhorn aren't about to vote in seeding.
Dangerous game for the Commodores. For some reason they struggle at the Nixon Center. Big Al does have the boys playing much better.
Looks like the game on the 23rd should be a pretty good one. The regional favorite commodores could make an early exit from post season play...
Dores are best team but Hazard and Leslie County are both very dangerous
I know it sounds harsh but I hate seeing a scrub team squeak in like this and one of the top 2 not even have a chance at region.
sambo Wrote:I know it sounds harsh but I hate seeing a scrub team squeak in like this and one of the top 2 not even have a chance at region.

Scrub team is more then a little harsh.
Easy Wind Wrote:Scrub team is more then a little harsh.

I think he might be talking about UK.....
I find it hard to believe anybody would still believe doing a blind draw could be working.
A team could literally forfeit every game of the year or play them all. This makes it not matter.
Hazard will give PCC all they want and maybe more. The Transfer can play and get you 25 to 30 any night. Plus he is quick, jumps well and is very active.
Perry wins this game because Hazard will try slow down the game and Perry shoots to well and the big difference is Perry a lot better free throw shooting team this year, And I say this if Perry does lose Letcher Central will win the Region
Is this the same for both boys and girls? Dates and times for girls?
I could be wrong but I think there's only 3 or 4 districts in the entire state that do not seed for their tournament. Seeding is a good thing because not only do you usually get the best two teams from your district to play in the region, it also gives much more meaning to the season games between district schools. Those games almost seem like a mini - tournament type games because of their importance to the post-season tournaments. The 54th district school administrators that are voting to block seeding should reconsider.

I know it's on a completely different level and may not be a fair comparison but think what it would be like if the SEC did not seed their tournament. Last year's UK team had zero losses in the conference during the season but without seeding based on the conference record, and using a blind draw, they possibly could have been pitted against the second best team in the conference in the first round of the tournament and had to play 4 games to win it instead of 3. Without seeding team are not rewarded for a good district record during the season.
That's just my opinion for what it's worth.
Maybe if all schools had the same recruiting budget, seeding would be voted in. Jmo for what it's worth
ky playmaker Wrote:hazard vs perry leslie vs buckhorn

PCC and hazard have met 16 times in 54th. { I think i counted right.} PCC 11 hazard 5
It's a shame the 54th sends one of it's best home and one of it's worst to the regional tournament every year. Perry and Hazard are both miles ahead of Buckhorn & Leslie. If the 2004 tournament didn't change it, then nothing will.
Would Perry and Hazard share regional shares with them if they seeded?
sambo Wrote:I know it sounds harsh but I hate seeing a scrub team squeak in like this and one of the top 2 not even have a chance at region.

One hell of a scrub team I guess.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:It's a shame the 54th sends one of it's best home and one of it's worst to the regional tournament every year. Perry and Hazard are both miles ahead of Buckhorn & Leslie. If the 2004 tournament didn't change it, then nothing will.

Looks like now Buckhorn is miles ahead of both Perry and Hazard. Miles ahead on that road to Rupp.
The Chief Wrote:Looks like now Buckhorn is miles ahead of both Perry and Hazard. Miles ahead on that road to Rupp.

That they would have never been on if they didn't draw Leslie in the first round. Hazard would have beaten them by 15-20, but we'll never know. Glad you care enough to dig my post up though kiddo.