•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2016
Haddix should still be at Perry Central
I think he would have been if he was given control of his team....... It's not about the Money in this case. He is a young man who wants to win, and likes challenges. PCC loss and Corbin's gain.... I don't think a team of mules could drag him out of Corbin now... There is no better HS coaching job in that area.
Finis Wrote:If they hire an asst Coach I would say it is a great possibility.

Which one?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Which one?

Youll be happy.
My Corbin question for next season is will 64 still be on bandwagon, or will he jump off. Heard he is thinking about moving to mayfield since he prefers the water over here.
No 64 is a Corbin faithful
Hearing Wayne Mills may join the staff at Corbin. Anyone have any knowledge? Would be a solid addition to an already good staff!
I know we are losing a couple of coaches so we do have some spots open.
I don't see Mills anywhere else.
I'm sure he would like nothing more than to go to a school where he can beat Bell next year.
ArchieAdams Wrote:I know we are losing a couple of coaches so we do have some spots open.

Open spots, but not money. The ones leaving were volunteers. Wonder if somebody else is leaving?
There are no teaching positions at Corbin next year unless retirement happens. Corbin will have no one from Bell on staff next year, unless they volunteer. Still do not know if the administration will go that direction with what is going on.
going to have 100 players on the sideline. out of that 100 players, will there be a group of lineman to fill the slots the redhounds lost in the trenches to help them reach their goal?
baller1989 Wrote:going to have 100 players on the sideline. out of that 100 players, will there be a group of lineman to fill the slots the redhounds lost in the trenches to help them reach their goal?

How many starters will Corbin have to replace? I can think of 1 offensive lineman, 1 safety/LB and 3 defensive linemen, am I missing anyone?
Harley Lambert DL
Caleb Parker DL
The offense that started against belfry replaces the right guard. The defense that started against belfry loses 1 olb/de, 1 dt/de, and the nose guard. Also lose the punter and kicker. Coby cima and Andrew reedy were also big losses. They were two of the top three seniors imho. But corbin lost them early in the year to injury so a lot of people seem to forget about them. I think if they could have played all season Corbin would have won another ballgame or two.
If the hounds can get better throwing the ball, they should be lights out next season. WR position is key for '16...
bcpc Wrote:If the hounds can get better throwing the ball, they should be lights out next season. WR position is key for '16...

maybe if they recruit a passing QB and some WR's Smile
Or we could do neither and still beat Whitley. Smile
bcpc Wrote:Or we could do neither and still beat Whitley. Smile

actually you couldn't beat Whitley without recruiting,kid, but Whitley has nothing to do with it.
pjdoug Wrote:actually you couldn't beat Whitley without recruiting,kid, but Whitley has nothing to do with it.

This is a Corbin thread but if you want to discuss Whitley county, their thread is in "excuses for going 6-5" or "its everybody else's fault that we're mediocre" section.
killbilly usmc Wrote:My Corbin question for next season is will 64 still be on bandwagon, or will he jump off. Heard he is thinking about moving to mayfield since he prefers the water over here.

He will fall off the wagon for sure.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This is a Corbin thread but if you want to discuss Whitley county, their thread is in "excuses for going 6-5" or "its everybody else's fault that we're mediocre" section.

I didn't bring Whitley up. What's your excuse?
I'd love to see them put turf on the football field. That would be awesome
Corbin has a great playing surface. If money like that is spent it would hopefully be put towards upgrading the stadium.
Corbin will eventually update that system but there so far underwater on much needed school builds to worry about that right now I'd say.
New primary school and just broke ground on a new middle school which they have needed for 40 years
Goingdeep Wrote:Corbin has a great playing surface. If money like that is spent it would hopefully be put towards upgrading the stadium.

When was the stadium built? it has a lot of history for sure.
Bulldogs Forever was glad he left Perry Co!!! Before Perry become a contender under him he was a couple years away before he left having a really good team at Perry and now Hazard has all Perry players.
Hearing great things around the program. Weight room has been full even on snow days. Which I have been told is voluntary during bad weather. Some great leadership and excitement from the young Haddix and his staff that trickles down to his players.
Coach Haddix has been a breath of fresh air in bringing the Corbin tradition almost back to where it once was. Don't get me wrong, Coach Jewell and staff were tremendous coaches as their record spoke for itself. Fundamentally, they were one of the best staffs in the state as far as I am concerned. That said, Coach Haddix is exceeding any and all expectations with his job. The way he relates to players, gets the kids in the hall in pads who normally wouldn't give football a second thought, and plays the best player regardless of who they are, is how the program should be ran.

I think that with Corbin focusing more on academics, it has allowed the "good ol boy network" to not play as much of a role as in years past. This in turn allows Haddix to be able to run his program as he rightfully should. Often in the past, the Coaches were handcuffed by politics. These kids love Haddix, the parents love Haddix, the student body loves Haddix, and the community loves him. I think him and his open mind to playing style is a welcomed addition to the Redhound program. Year three of the Haddix era is going to be a booming success, but year 4 is when I fully expect Corbin to return to their glory days. Folks, football in Corbin is back.
This year will be much improved, but I think next year will be the year the Hounds make some serious noise. Belfry will drop slightly, but they'll still be very good. I think the Corbin can get them in 2017. Just my opinion.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next