Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A 2016
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:If you watched the film, the defensive player held the entire way down the field, if any flag should have be thrown, it should have been defensive pass interference. Really a no call, but that's water under the bridge. Next fall will be upon these players before they know it and I expect to see Raceland back to where these seniors were their 8th grade year, competing for a State Title. Their are some excellent athletes in the underclassmen as well, but the senior class is laden with talent and they will have the Rams right back in the thick of things.

I agree 100% and we could sit here and argue that call for years but it really don't matter now . I think what is lost in all this is if Raceland took care of business and played like should've all year they would've been playing at the gravel pit not in Paintsville where the Refs were in awe of Kash . Thats what I've been pounding in my boys head since that game. Raceland had a very tough schedule this year even though they play the exact same teams this coming year it will be a lot easier because of the teams they play lost a lot. Raceland will be a lot like Paintsville this year as far a schedule goes some nice looking names on there but most will be down for years past
I thought is was water under the bridge. You guys brought it up not me. I was ten yards from the offensive pass interference during the play. I saw it close up. The ref was the only one with a better angle than me. I've seen the film and played it in slow mo. I stand by my previous statements.
:truestory:
Hazard will return a lot.

Hazard loses 3 on offense. Ratliff,Blanton, and Verne.

Defense they lose Ratliff, Blanton,Hastings and Fletcher

So I expect Hazard to be pretty good even though they will have a new QB and young team but return lots who seen significant playing time.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:If you watched the film, the defensive player held the entire way down the field, if any flag should have be thrown, it should have been defensive pass interference. Really a no call, but that's water under the bridge. Next fall will be upon these players before they know it and I expect to see Raceland back to where these seniors were their 8th grade year, competing for a State Title. Their are some excellent athletes in the underclassmen as well, but the senior class is laden with talent and they will have the Rams right back in the thick of things.

Why is this still being discussed? Give it a flipping rest already.
Pardon me, didnt mean to get any panties in a wad. Was following up on Football Guy's statement. Hope that wad gets pulled out soon.
Anyone know what Paris and Brossart return? This thread is heavily loaded with Raceland, Pikeville, Hazard and Paintsville posters or atleast guys who follow them enough to give some info on them. What about Fairview? They lose Roy, Washington, and a handful of other kids who were fundamental to their success this year. Who looks to be the QB for the Eagles next year? What about the Hazard qb situation?
Hazard will have Bailey Blair at QB next year. You won't see much power running from the QB but he is fast and has a good arm. If Hazard stats healthy this will be a good team and many will write them off because they've not made it past the 3rd round in 3 years. But Hazard has lost to 3- State Runner ups and 1 Champion. To me that's not bad losses to me.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Anyone know what Paris and Brossart return? This thread is heavily loaded with Raceland, Pikeville, Hazard and Paintsville posters or atleast guys who follow them enough to give some info on them. What about Fairview? They lose Roy, Washington, and a handful of other kids who were fundamental to their success this year. Who looks to be the QB for the Eagles next year? What about the Hazard qb situation?

I look for fairview To move mason Mcintyre to qb next year . They lose a lot . Qb. Best receiver and safety , best offense and defense lineman. Both d ends . Next year they will feel the effects of the McPeak mess because they hardly any underclassmen playing. alot of the kids that would've been sophomore and jrs next year transferd to Russell and Ashland . No middle school team 2 years ago this year they put one together but it was hard to watch , Raceland put a running clock on them in the first quarter
I watched the Raceland/Fairview jr high games. Very ugly. Numbers are there biggest issue. Hopefully they will beef up a little bit after this seasons win over Raceland and close loss to Paris. I think Fred Ray is a good coach and is good for their program. Competition breeds competition, I want all of the NEKY teams to be successful and competitive.

I look for Bishop Brossart to be competitive again. But they will have to replace their QB, best RB, and top WR if I am not mistaken. Pikeville will be the odds on favorite, after them, Id put Raceland/Paintsville at 2, then Hazard, Williamsburg, Paris would all fall in around even for me as far as breaking down the east.

As for the west, Its Beechwood and Russellville then everyone else.
Pikeville clear favorite on the east. Hazard could take a step forward next year. Raceland and Paintsville should be the best teams in that region.
By game 5 Hazard had lost far too much to season ending injuries to be able to compete with a strong senior dominated Pikeville team. Mostly sophomores and freshmen with a few upperclassmen regardless of talent level will struggle against an experienced older team especially as good as Pikeville was. The injurie to Fletcher really hurt as well. The entire DLine and O line return. Blair is very good. Johnson is a very solid receiver. Corey Smith had 1600 yards rushing as a sophomore behind a freshman and sophomore dominated Oline . The Hazard defense however will be more improved than any single aspect of the team. Barring another run of devastating injuries things will be very interesting in the east.
redstone1127 Wrote:By game 5 Hazard had lost far too much to season ending injuries to be able to compete with a strong senior dominated Pikeville team. Mostly sophomores and freshmen with a few upperclassmen regardless of talent level will struggle against an experienced older team especially as good as Pikeville was. The injurie to Fletcher really hurt as well. The entire DLine and O line return. Blair is very good. Johnson is a very solid receiver. Corey Smith had 1600 yards rushing as a sophomore behind a freshman and sophomore dominated Oline . The Hazard defense however will be more improved than any single aspect of the team. Barring another run of devastating injuries things will be very interesting in the east.
Pikeville has a larger junior class than the senior class we were led by this past season. Lots of experience returning, really. Should be very good district
PHSForever Wrote:Pikeville has a larger junior class than the senior class we were led by this past season. Lots of experience returning, really. Should be very good district

I agree. I am doing some studying on the teams for a preseason top 10. I got to check out a few more teams and I should be done.
After speaking with some of thiose closest to Nathaniel Davidson and speaking with Bailey Walker, Isaac Wallace (who is recovering well from his surgery to repair his knee), Logan Mauk and several others, it sounds like will be seniors all have their heads on straight and were extremely disapointed with things going on in the locker room last year. I dont think this group of seniors will allow the team to simply "show up" and expect to win. That being said, I expect the focus and attitude to be completely different next season. I think 2016 will get Raceland back on top of the district and region. But, that may be about as far as it goes. Pikeville has a very strong class in 2016 as well and Hazard should be healthier and more experienced. Paintaville has alot of weapons as well. The east will yet again be a dog fight by the time district games begin.
1 Pikeville- Return some good skill players and should return some good linebackers and secondary. Question is how life without Pugh will be

2 Russellville- They return a very good group of experienced kids and Speed is all I have to say. They must win the big game and possibly develop a OK passing game

3 Beechwood- They lost the house but do return some young skill players and a few on defense but still young. Anyone else would take a drop but I'm giving them the nod because there Beecgwood but if you saw what they returned without the name beside it then you would have them in the 4-8 range.

4 Hazard- They return a lot as well like Russellville but will be young and a dangerous team to keep an eye on. Injuries will hurt there chances if it happens like 2015.

5 Paintsville- They lost a lot of seniors but return Kent Phelps and the Morris kid and have a young stable of talent who will be there a couple more years.

5 Raceland- They lost some good kids and have quite a few holes to fill but I think Raceland and Paintsville are in the same shoes and that's why I list them both at 5. Only reason Paintsville is listed first is because they won the district last season and I think the QB needs to try to take this team to another level because some think he underachieved last year and people expected better.

7 Harlan- Dangerous team to keep your eyes on and they didn't lose much from there team last year and this year could be even better.

8 Pineville They also are a dangerous team to watch out for and return a lot of skill guys but need to win that big game.

9 Kentucky Country Day return some nice playmakers from a high scoring offense. Defense will be the question for them.

10 Fairview- They are several teams that fit into this spot but I give the nod to Fairview because they return a couple kids who are fine athletes and who want to keep a fast paced offense for coach Fred Ray..

Williamsburg, Crittenden County, Louisville Holy Cross are the others who could have the 10 spot
^^^looks about right bac. Id probably put Hazard, Raceland, and Paintsville all at number 4. they are all 3 very similar in regaurds to what they replace. Goina be a long off season for me!!! Is it August yet?lol
Preseason I'd say:
1. Pikeville
2. Russellville
3. Paintsville
4. Beechwood
5. Raceland
6. Holy Cross
7. Hazard
8. Harlan
9. Pineville
10. Country Day
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^looks about right bac. Id probably put Hazard, Raceland, and Paintsville all at number 4. they are all 3 very similar in regaurds to what they replace. Goina be a long off season for me!!! Is it August yet?lol

I can agree with that. My choice for putting Hazard ahead is basically they lost there QB so really 10 starters back offense because Blanton only played defense mostly.So I went with the team who returned more.
The same 6-7 teams that have been in the mix for the past 9 seasons, minus Mayfield and LCA who are now in 2A.

So exciting....
^^^every class is that way, minus a few pop up schools like South Warren, Collins, and a few others, every class is the same in that regaurd. Name the last time that the biggest class didnt have Male, Trinity, St X, or Scott Co in the top 10 and in champiosnhip games? Same question for the next class down? And the one below that, and the one below that? Its always the same. They may flip flop, but the same top 10 in every class is pretty consistent most years.
To early for me to make any prediction dued to transfer. Confusederiously:
Much like other schools, especially small public and independent schools, ie Raceland, Fairview 2012-2014 and Williamsburg 2013-2015, I expect Paintsville and Pikeville both to pick up a few kids from surrounding areas. This statement is not intended to be and is not to be misinterpreted as a "recruiting/transfer" comment. Simply stating kids and parents want their kids to win and be put in the best position possible to do so. So I dont expect Phelps to be the only name you know by Paintsvilles season ends next year. Same goes for Bataille and Dials from Pikeville. No matter how you feel about it or want to spin it, the best recruiting/hype tool is WINNING. Ie Highlands, Beechwood, Mayfield, the big 3, etc...
1. Pikeville
2. Beechwood
3. Russellville

4. Raceland
5. Hazard
6. Paintsville

7. Louisville Holy Cross
8. Harlan
9. Fairview
10. Williamsburg
KCD was young this year and has a big jr and soph class coming up.. Nicholas Co is another team that may sneak up on people..
Comparing scores (which is rarely an effective comparison, when looking at teams), but atleast on paper, Nicholas County was MUCH improved in 2015. I think they could be resurging.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:KCD was young this year and has a big jr and soph class coming up.. Nicholas Co is another team that may sneak up on people..

That's why KCD is in my top 10. I did some pretty good research on it. Nicholas will be a little down in my opinion.
Nicholas will be as up as can be, maybe the best team they've had there in a few years and probably district favorites for next year, Paris and Bishop Brossart both lost a ton of kids to graduation this year.
Glacier Wrote:Nicholas will be as up as can be, maybe the best team they've had there in a few years and probably district favorites for next year, Paris and Bishop Brossart both lost a ton of kids to graduation this year.

After reviewing what those kids have coming back and I can agree they will be very good and a dangerous team and was very junior oriented. Hope they find a good replacement at the QB position. I see them making a top 10 appearance next year. I just hope there schedule is a little tougher to see what those kids got...
Its nice to see teams like Paris, Nicholas County, bishop brossart and Paintsville making a surge back into being solid/contenders for district, region, and championship caliber teams again. The more competition there is out there for these small schools, the better. Hard to get quality opponents for most small schools, having quality competition within their district really helps these squads. I think next year will be even more competitive than this past season was.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Its nice to see teams like Paris, Nicholas County, bishop brossart and Paintsville making a surge back into being solid/contenders for district, region, and championship caliber teams again. The more competition there is out there for these small schools, the better. Hard to get quality opponents for most small schools, having quality competition within their district really helps these squads. I think next year will be even more competitive than this past season was.

I think Bracken will be making a push for 2nd in that district next year, we return 21/22 starters next season and Brossart loses everything. Bracken has been beating them consistently at the younger levels for the last several years. Paris will still have speed but it will be interesting to see how hard graduation hit them because they lost a ton, if we were to ever beat them it will have to be the next year or so because they have been solid at the lower levels.