•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28 (1A State Championship)
Pirates77 Wrote:come on man...lol....Belfry has 16 pass completions on the year....and 11 of those have been for TD's.....give us some credit dudeTongueirateSho

I would call 11 touchdowns in 16 attempts a passing threat Confusedtare:
jetpilot Wrote:Beechwood fans on the other site making excuses and resorting to playing the "if" game makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Beechwhatif Tigers.:biggrin::kneel:

I told you Pikeville was Bowling Green bound :biggrin:
Congrat's Pikeville!
pjdoug Wrote:I told you Pikeville was Bowling Green bound :biggrin:

Yes you did buddy and your picks are always spot on. Hope you pick us again next year.:notworthy
jetpilot Wrote:Yes you did buddy and your picks are always spot on. Hope you pick us again next year.:notworthy

Hopefully it's Hazard. But Pikeville does have a GREAT chance to make it back and are the favorite until beaten.
Proud of the Panthers. The celebration last night was awesome.
jetpilot Wrote:Beechwood fans on the other site making excuses and resorting to playing the "if" game makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Beechwhatif Tigers.:biggrin::kneel:
The Third Reich has fallen!
I can understand them talking about their injured kids, but, in the 15th game of the year, every team has players nicked up, bruised and beat up, just a part of it. But, talking about kids who didn't even come out and play this year, to me, is pushing it too far.. If the kid opted to not play, he's not part of the team this year and never was. I guarantee every school has a few kids roaming the halls that don't play football and could be a big contributor if they did. Adain, just how it is.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I can understand them talking about their injured kids, but, in the 15th game of the year, every team has players nicked up, bruised and beat up, just a part of it. But, talking about kids who didn't even come out and play this year, to me, is pushing it too far.. If the kid opted to not play, he's not part of the team this year and never was. I guarantee every school has a few kids roaming the halls that don't play football and could be a big contributor if they did. Adain, just how it is.

Who was injured for Beechwood in this one? Was he a key player?
Spud6 Wrote:Who was injured for Beechwood in this one? Was he a key player?
Stringer, their starting RB had been out for 3 weeks leading up to this game (torn MCL). They also mention Sowards, a LB for them, but according to the newspaper from up there, he was supposed to be playing. I don't know if he did or not.
PHSForever Wrote:Stringer, their starting RB had been out for 3 weeks leading up to this game (torn MCL). They also mention Sowards, a LB for them, but according to the newspaper from up there, he was supposed to be playing. I don't know if he did or not.

Wow, it was just meant to be for Pikeville. Kash out for Paintsville and then starting RB out for the state championship.
Spud6 Wrote:Wow, it was just meant to be for Pikeville. Kash out for Paintsville and then starting RB out for the state championship.
Lol. Listen, I understand he was a good RB. Totally get how it impacts them like losing Pugh would impact Pikeville. But they had a good backup and 4 weeks to prepare for this game against Pikeville. Pikeville was just better.

Thoughts about the game:

1) Slusher is an outstanding player, does he have college offers?
2) Fieger was a good QB, but I don't think people are crediting Pikeville's D enough for their outstanding coverage downfield. Quite a few of his 177 yards came after the game was in hand and Pikeville went to prevent mode. 8-9 yard pickups at a time. But still a very good QB.
3) IMO, Pikevilles D was likely the best one that Beechwood faced all year except for Cov Cath.
PHSForever Wrote:Lol. Listen, I understand he was a good RB. Totally get how it impacts them like losing Pugh would impact Pikeville. But they had a good backup and 4 weeks to prepare for this game against Pikeville. Pikeville was just better.

Thoughts about the game:

1) Slusher is an outstanding player, does he have college offers?
2) Fieger was a good QB, but I don't think people are crediting Pikeville's D enough for their outstanding coverage downfield. Quite a few of his 177 yards came after the game was in hand and Pikeville went to prevent mode. 8-9 yard pickups at a time. But still a very good QB.
3) IMO, Pikevilles D was likely the best one that Beechwood faced all year except for Cov Cath.

Aaa now, don't get you feelings hurt my man. I wasn't taking away from your teams state championship. I've known these boys about five years now and was for them all the way. I was just simply stating that things were in Pikevilles favor and if you don't agree with that with Kash being injured and then this young man being injured then you're oblivious.

This game was all Pikeville from the first whistle because they simply wanted it more.

No hard feelings
Spud6 Wrote:Aaa now, don't get you feelings hurt my man. I wasn't taking away from your teams state championship. I've known these boys about five years now and was for them all the way. I was just simply stating that things were in Pikevilles favor and if you don't agree with that with Kash being injured and then this young man being injured then you're oblivious.

This game was all Pikeville from the first whistle because they simply wanted it more.

No hard feelings
I get it. Just tired of hearing from several people implying that Pikeville wouldn't win if not for Kash being out and the Stringer kid too.
Spud6 Wrote:Aaa now, don't get you feelings hurt my man. I wasn't taking away from your teams state championship. I've known these boys about five years now and was for them all the way. I was just simply stating that things were in Pikevilles favor and if you don't agree with that with Kash being injured and then this young man being injured then you're oblivious.

No hard feelings

Agreed not taking anything away from Pikevilles accomplishments but I think we can all agree the stars just seemed to have lined up for Pikeville this year! Paintsvilles star player all of a sudden doesn't play in Semi's and Stringer ended up not getting healthy in time for finals! No matter how you look at it those are big advantages! Pikeville did get blessed with their key players staying healthy and that's always a good thing! They put together a great Football season this year and topped it off with a title! Shows you just how important keeping everyone healthy is!
PHSForever Wrote:I get it. Just tired of hearing from several people implying that Pikeville wouldn't win if not for Kash being out and the Stringer kid too.

Never have to worry about me hating on Pikeville bringing a state championship back to the mountains! I'm a Betsy Layne man, so I'll always root on mountain boys.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Agreed not taking anything away from Pikevilles accomplishments but I think we can all agree the stars just seemed to have lined up for Pikeville this year! Paintsvilles star player all of a sudden doesn't play in Semi's and Stringer ended up not getting healthy in time for finals! No matter how you look at it those are big advantages! Pikeville did get blessed with their key players staying healthy and that's always a good thing! They put together a great Football season this year and topped it off with a title! Shows you just how important keeping everyone healthy is!

Ha! Ha! Bluebird96, we'll take both wins and the trophy whether the stars are aligned, misaligned, the moons in the sky, or not. A win is a win ! This Pikeville team earned those wins, and the championship, and the Fans are going to enjoy this. Btw, as I stated in another thread, yes, Kash would have made a difference in that game, but not a 19 point difference. Same thing with Stringer........no 19 point difference.
Maybe we can put on our rings .....stars were in alignment.. or Kash didnt play lol
Play them as they show up. Got to have a little luck to win.
E's Army Wrote:Play them as they show up. Got to have a little luck to win.

Heart too.
Winners getting the rings and losers saying what if.
PHSForever Wrote:I get it. Just tired of hearing from several people implying that Pikeville wouldn't win if not for Kash being out and the Stringer kid too.

I agree. I do think kash would of made a difference but Pikeville was peaking at the right time. Beechwood played the weakest schedule I've seen in a long time for them. Offense for beechwood was okay but there defense is what cost them the game because they couldn't stop Pugh.

Pikeville was not going to be denied...they would have beaten any team in their path...oh wait, they did.:flame:
Pikeville will have a lot of momentum going into the 2016 season. Blake Charles and Wyatt battaile will likely be the best players, a lot of lineman return and the big freshman class that almost won state has a bitter taste in their mouth after making it to state after they won 4 games in their 7th grade season and seeing the highschool win state expect to see a lot of these freshman to impact the panthers season
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville was not going to be denied...they would have beaten any team in their path...oh wait, they did.:flame:

I agree. Pikeville had an excellent team and people will always say the what its just like when Hazard beat Mayfield.
Congratulations to Pikeville, you guys definitely deserved it!
Pikeville's corners played lights out!!! Got to give the secondary credit!!! Beach wood had some good receivers that were shut down on the long ball!!! Beachwoods d line wasn't even close to being able to stop Pugh in the forth after he got rolling . (Players) of the game were the Charles brothers!!! Just my opinion !
Big Five-0- Wrote:Ha! Ha! Bluebird96, we'll take both wins and the trophy whether the stars are aligned, misaligned, the moons in the sky, or not. A win is a win ! This Pikeville team earned those wins, and the championship, and the Fans are going to enjoy this. Btw, as I stated in another thread, yes, Kash would have made a difference in that game, but not a 19 point difference. Same thing with Stringer........no 19 point difference.

Lol. I know you will! Pikeville will take em anyway they can get em and I'm not blaming them! As for "not making a 19 point difference" we'll can't truthfully say that even though that seems to be what pikevilles fans are saying! To be truthful! It's a completely different game a no one will ever know but it will always be one of those things in people's minds since Paintsville played down the first game and still came out with the W over the Panthers! Like I said before. The stars alined perfectly for the Panthers! That not knocking anyone! Your boys did it! All they could do is beat the teams in front of them and they did just that! Hats off to them! The only thing I do hate to see is the lack of effort towards getting Pugh's foot in the door at the next level! That kid should have had close to the amount of buzz as Kash did! Trimble just got an offer yesterday from Morehead, phelps just had visits from Marshall and Vandy! Pugh deserves multiple offers from D1 schools! Kid is as good of an athlete as anyone in this state! Really hope to hear things about him soon!
I agree that not having Stringer hurt them. But, take nothing from Pikeville. They just lined up and said, here we come and try to stop us. Bwood knew exactly where the back was coming and he just willed himself through them. Good old power football.
That's a good question. Is Daric Pugh getting any looks from colleges?
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next