Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. At. Belfry
Belfry0304 Wrote:It doesn't count as Horton having one tackle if you constantly used two or three lineman to block him or run away from him. If he's impacting your game plan that much, hes doing a lot better than making tackles. Good luck to your line. Ask Cade Mays (UT commit who had an Alabama offer) about Ray.

LC rushed 21 times for 55 yards in the first matchup with Belfry playing 3 down linemen.

If they want to devote 2 or 3 guys to Horton and trade it for a 2.6 yard per carry average as a result Haywood will simply smile and say, "Have at it boys"
With our other big tackle getting to actually play tackle they can't run from both, just ask Louisville Central. Pick your poison boys. Long night for Lawrence if you try to pass all night cause our db's have much improved and allowed to make plays on the ball now instead of letting teams catch it then make a tackles. Belfry db's will have 3 picks at least.
Somebody wake that cheerleader up, he's having a wet dream.:biglmao:
WZAQ 92.3 in Louisa will be covering the game. You can listen online at http://www.92jack.com or at http://www.1080wons.com. If there is a UK basketball game then the game will be online at the second web address.

Good luck to the Bulldogs!!! Bring it home
Pirates on a mission...

Belfry -42
LC - 16
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lawrence County missed their chance to beat Belfry.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:The game earlier this year did one thing that is very important. It let Belfry know they should not look past LC. They the regular season game played out helps Belfry. When you are used to playing in state semis and state titles every year you can overlook your regional foe. With LC playing Belfry the way they did earlier in the year it prevents the Pirates from looking past the Dawgs.

Make no mistake Lawrence is the 2nd best team in the region and a top 5 team in the East but they are not on the same level as Belfry when both teams are executing their A games. The Pirates have for the most part fixed their fumbles. X Willis is playing on a different plane of existence right now, Horton is back in form. The biggest thing I can see right now is that Belfrys secondary is playing the best football I have seen from a Belfry secondary in a few years, it feels like every time the opposing team puts the ball in the air a Belfry defender is there for a Pick or Pick 6, they have become very much ball hawks since playing LC. The second string is playing like it could start at most schools. The is Belfry in November.

Now because these two teams know each other so well I don't expect a running clock and I do expect it to be a game for a while. Final score 35 - 21 Belfry winning.
Catron(sorry if the spelling is wrong) worries me more than any of the other backs. Willis is the big play threat and will bust loose eventually on a few plays but I feel Catron is the work horse that keeps the chains moving and does a lot of the dirty work. Several times we had him in the back field but he managed to churn out more yards after contact and kept chains moving. I think he is the unsung weapon for Belfry that we absolutely have to get stopped.I hope the Dawgs pull this one out. I will be rooting for the winner of this game the rest of the way regardless. Go Dawgs!!
I got to say, I just got done watching Belfry practice and the looked good. Haywood has the best all around practice. These kids look like army soldiers in RED. Everything they do is done as a team. Haywood is a little more laid back these days but the high level of respect is still there. This is what sets Belfry apart from other teams, we don't have 2 or 3 super stars we have 11 on both sides of the ball playing together. Hard to stop or run on a team like that. Belfry wins big. But good luck to you Lawrence Co.
Funny you should mention Catron. I wanted to give him some props, not only does Cam do all the dirty work blocking and not get a whole lot of carries - you'll find him speaking at various churches throughout the area throughout the week. Really proud of his leadership off the field. He isn't the only one, either! Andrew Fletcher has been preaching for years and several others are very active in church (maybe you guys can name them)... There was a great photo of Corbett, Fletcher, Bentley, and Horton praying together pregame earlier this year. It's good to see these kids are learning more than how to make tackles and blocks not only on the team but in this community. Proud to be from Belfry, Kentucky!
If the Pirates play the way they are capable of playing.......

Belfry 42
Lawrence 13

If not.....

Belfry 28
Lawrence 20
L . C. Must be pretty good, after all they have been the only team to play Belfry, heads up at the cam, and that is hard to do. So I guess we'll all just have to wait an see, regardless of all the excuses. Have an enjury free game,.AN GO DAWGS.
Belfry wins this one with ease if they hold on to the ball. And if they don't, it will be a much closer game, but Belfry still gets the win.
RaiderManiac87 Wrote:Our beloved mighty raiders were not fortunate enough to make the playoffs and I usaualy use that time to try different concessions from schools we dont play to compare them to the mighty raiders concession. Mabey yall was just having a bad night but when I get a bag of popcorn kernels with a few actually popped along with some rude servers... I think I'll pass. The best thing about your concession stand was the hot dogs and they were average at best with some stale mustard.

You must be kin to that fool on food network driving around eating different places foods. :popcorn:
Game will come down to penalties and turnovers. If Belfry doesn't turn it over and play a clean game from a penalty stand point this one shouldn't be in doubt. IMO, LC simply doesn't have the horses to pull the upset if Belfry continues to play like they have over the past several weeks. Stranger things have happened.....but I just don't see it tonight.
Bottom line, whoever makes the most plays... Wins. It's fun for us to talk about this one and that one and what they've done and can do, but really have no idea what they will do tonight. At the end of the day, they are just young kids, capable of great things, or mistakes while in the heat of battle. I believe both coaches have prepared their teams for this game, but neither can go out on the field and make plays for their kids. I am really looking forward to seeing who will make the most plays on THIS night. Should be a dandy, go dawgs!!!
Belfry 49
Lawrence County 12
LC gave up over 400 yards on the ground against Carter last week. That's a recipe for disaster against the Pirates
1 hour till kickoff. I'm here and ready.
Belfry the flagship of eastern Kentucky by 3 tds.
Lol. Think I told you running clock. Just didn't think it would be in the 1st half.
proud44pirate Wrote:Lol. Think I told you running clock. Just didn't think it would be in the 1st half.