Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
50.00%
Wayne County
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Wayne County 11/20 for Regional Championship
Football1 Wrote:They have not lost a game since we beat them and have posted impressive wins over tough teams like St X. Who can stop them in 3A?
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Belfry

Central may win the state title, but they are far from being the "likely" 3A champs. It is a 3-way race.
I like Wayne at Home.
Football1 Wrote:They have not lost a game since we beat them and have posted impressive wins over tough teams like St X. Who can stop them in 3A?

We'll see when it happens Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:This game boils down to which Panther teams decides to show up!!

If Knox Central can keep their focus, then they will win this game by 2 scores.

If they cannot stop those crazy fumbles, they will lose by just as many.

I'm going to stick to Knox Central!!

Here's to an injury free contest, and go Panthers!!

it doesn't matter which team shows up. Wayne County will give them more than they want.
pjdoug Wrote:it doesn't matter which team shows up. Wayne County will give them more than they want.

:haters: at leat we're still playing. ...TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote::haters: at leat we're still playing. ...TongueirateSho

not for long :biggrin:
The pressure is squarely on Wayne Co. shoulders. They are the District Champs and they are playing on their home field. Knox has nothing to lose and everything to gain from this game. Everyone talks of how Knox cant win the big game so they can play loose and with a chip on their shoulder. I like Knox in this matchup for a number of reasons: 1. They are playing at peak right now. 2. The D is solid and the O line is controlling the front lines. 3. With a healthy team and a heavy dose of Doolittle, Knox will be very hard to handle. 4. This team is balanced, no standout superstars. Team first attitude. 5. Knox's time is now.
Hitters_Count Wrote:The pressure is squarely on Wayne Co. shoulders. They are the District Champs and they are playing on their home field. Knox has nothing to lose and everything to gain from this game. Everyone talks of how Knox cant win the big game so they can play loose and with a chip on their shoulder. I like Knox in this matchup for a number of reasons: 1. They are playing at peak right now. 2. The D is solid and the O line is controlling the front lines. 3. With a healthy team and a heavy dose of Doolittle, Knox will be very hard to handle. 4. This team is balanced, no standout superstars. Team first attitude. 5. Knox's time is now.

Cardinals :Cheerlead
WC has a great defense and will be hard to over power his year!
Preseason
This team was 5-7 in 3A last year losing key seniors to graduation, they jump a class, start 9 kids who are soph. or fresh, and were picked by Cats Pause to finish 3rd in the district Smile

They won their district for the second time ever, have a 10-2 record which is second only to 2013, hosted and won their second ever home second round game, and Friday they host the first ever Regional championship at Jewell Field.

To say the pressure is on them is ludicrous. These kids and this staff have overachieved.

They are having fun finding ways to win, and I like our chances when kids are having fun. The pressure is all on these teams that had a "bad" game against the Cards, but are really a "better team."

ROLL CARDS
Cardfan1 Wrote:Preseason
This team was 5-7 in 3A last year losing key seniors to graduation, they jump a class, start 9 kids who are soph. or fresh, and were picked by Cats Pause to finish 3rd in the district Smile

They won their district for the second time ever, have a 10-2 record which is second only to 2013, hosted and won their second ever home second round game, and Friday they host the first ever Regional championship at Jewell Field.

To say the pressure is on them is ludicrous. These kids and this staff have overachieved.

They are having fun finding ways to win, and I like our chances when kids are having fun. The pressure is all on these teams that had a "bad" game against the Cards, but are really a "better team."

ROLL CARDS
Wayne County has a great coach that gets the best out of his players. I want him on my team lol
I think Wayne is better coached. Wayne County players are very respectful and good sportsman. So i will be pulling for wayne. Either way who ever wins i wish them the best
If Knox throws the ball they will lose!!!
If they throw it, they need to fire the whole staff!!!
Go Cards
Bobcat4years Wrote:If Knox throws the ball they will lose!!!
If they throw it, they need to fire the whole staff!!!
Go Cards

All they want for Christmas is Mills.
:dontthink
pjdoug Wrote:All they want for Christmas is Mills.

Done been down that road and sure as hell don't want to go down it again.. Maybe if your real lucky pj whitley might get him for your Christmas present...Confusednicker: only if you could be that lucky..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote::dontthink

Done been down that road and sure as hell don't want to go down it again.. Maybe if your real lucky pj whitley might get him for your Christmas present...Confusednicker: only if you could be that lucky..

Dudley might hire him.
panther nation Wrote::dontthink

Thing about it he made what Knox is today.
He did get the ball rolling I will give that.:thanks:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:1. Lexington Catholic
2. Belfry

Central may win the state title, but they are far from being the "likely" 3A champs. It is a 3-way race.
Good point. Almost forgot about those Belfry Pirates. They can beat them.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Thing about it he made what Knox is today.
Each time that is stated I must counter with the truth. He helped. But what really turned Knox football around was Dave King and Steve Bailey putting youth football in Knox County. Since the early years of getting killed KC youth football has dominated. Now players come to varsity expecting to win and knowing how. Wayne was the first head coach at Knox to inherit players from this program. He did well with them.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Made the trip to Montecello the last time these two played and will certainly return this Friday night. A 160 mile round trip from Manchester and the price of admission was worth it last time and I expect it to be this time. Like bossman313, I have no dog in the fight. I'll sit in the stands a pull for both. Good luck to both teams. I hope Garner gets to play.

Don't make the round trip!! Stay the night and you might could wet a line the next day!

Wink
Did just that last time these two played Granny...Got our limit in stripers on Cumberland.
no he didn't the youth program made knox what it is today wayne is a good coach but that youth program over the years have made knox better and if someone don't step back in the youth program it will be like it used to be they need some leadership back in the youth program to much politics in there now
11 votes for Wayne
11 votes for KC

might be a close game.
Dave Diamond
Pound High School Class of '89
Union College Class of '93
U.S. Army Class of '97

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." -Galations 2:20
Football1 Wrote:11 votes for Wayne
11 votes for KC

might be a close game.

Knox is gonna get hammered:biggrin:
Any word if Garner is playing or not.
bossman313 Wrote:Any word if Garner is playing or not.

I was wondering the same thing.
knox fan Wrote:no he didn't the youth program made knox what it is today wayne is a good coach but that youth program over the years have made knox better and if someone don't step back in the youth program it will be like it used to be they need some leadership back in the youth program to much politics in there now
Not saying that didn't contribute, but somebody has to know what to do with the talent once it's there... I agree 100% with the feeder program but if you have someone at the high school that is a terrible coach they're not gonna win
Knox 42
Wayne 21

Good luck Panthers.
Penalties has hurt them all year. This will be their demise. Discipline, discipline, discipline.