Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Boro Catholic @ Mayfield for Rgn 1 Title
May as well get this one started. What's everyone's thought on this upcoming clash of powers?
After the thumping O Cath put on Murray, to say im concerned would be an understatement.
I heard that the FAA has issued a No Fly Zone over War Memorial Stadium
I predict a lot of scoring. We may need new grass on the field for the next week.
killbilly usmc Wrote:After the thumping O Cath put on Murray, to say im concerned would be an understatement.

I'm not sure if Trajon Bright play against Murray. But I do think this will be a high scoring game. Bright is a game changer :Cheerlead This is unbelievable that I'm pulling for mayfield :pondering:

Mayfield 49
Owensboro Catholic 28
No, Bright did not play in the Murray game. Murray always gives us fits though. We also didn't even start using Caldwell at RB until the second half of the Murray game. That is when we took control of that game.
OB Cath handled Murray much easier than Mayfield did and both had little trouble with Butler Co and Todd Central.. That's their common opponents.. IMO, these are the best 2 offensive teams in 2a.. I think Mayfield's D may be a little better, but, OB Cath's D is not too shabby.. That Daviess Co loss is a head scratcher, but, every team goes thru a season with a bad game or 2.. It happens, plus, at the time, Daviess was playing pretty well.. Mayfield has had a couple of games they didn't exactly look like world beaters also.. I think we're in for a fairly high scoring game.. While I think both offenses are potent, for some reason, I think the D on both will step up more than expected.. With the game being at Mayfield, I think they likely pull it out, but, it'll be a dog fight.. I just like Mayfield's coaching staff if big games and their ability to adjust and find ways to win.. They've done it a lot.. Mayfield 31 OB Catholic 28
As long as we have 1 more point than them on the scoreboard when it is over and we don't have any more injuries, I will be happy.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:OB Cath handled Murray much easier than Mayfield did and both had little trouble with Butler Co and Todd Central.. That's their common opponents.. IMO, these are the best 2 offensive teams in 2a.. I think Mayfield's D may be a little better, but, OB Cath's D is not too shabby.. That Daviess Co loss is a head scratcher, but, every team goes thru a season with a bad game or 2.. It happens, plus, at the time, Daviess was playing pretty well.. Mayfield has had a couple of games they didn't exactly look like world beaters also.. I think we're in for a fairly high scoring game.. While I think both offenses are potent, for some reason, I think the D on both will step up more than expected.. With the game being at Mayfield, I think they likely pull it out, but, it'll be a dog fight.. I just like Mayfield's coaching staff in big games and their ability to adjust and find ways to win.. They've done it a lot.. Mayfield 31 OB Catholic 28 in an instant classic

Cant wait for this one
Get the sprinkles out. Mayfield by 14
I'd be very interested to see both teams passing and running stats.. Anyone have those?
I am going too say upset
Ocath 28
Mayfield 21
Mayfield 42
OCath 21
OC 35 Mayfield 21
Mayfield 31-10.
I don't see a blowout either way.. It'll be a 10 point game or closer, either way..
If OB Cath happens to go all the way and win state, talking about a tough row to hoe to get there...

Murray in 2nd round
Mayfield in Region Finals
CAL/Desales in Semi-finals
Danville/NCC in Title game

Certainly couldn't say they didn't deserve it or had a lucky draw.. Dang, that'd be tough on any team..
I think Catholic will win this game.
How important was #24 being ejected??
Im not sure how good #24 was, but they have a really good receiver, but that isn't him. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Catholic takes this game. The Cardinals will need to be firing on all cylinders to win. I was surprised to the ease O Cath beat Murray.
Maybe some Mayfield people can enlighten me since ive not gotten to attend a game in awhile. From listening to the game against Butler County it sounded like Arnett is more on target than he had been, and it sounded like the team as a whole is peaking at the right time, would yall say that's the case for the ones that has got to see them.
24 for who?
Here is my thoughts. Murrays defense is not as good as Mayfield's. OC only scored 34 on Murrays defense at home. Mayfield's offense with Bright is very hard to keep from scoring at least 30 points per game. I see a glaring weakness in OC's run defense on film. Not a good problem to have to fix against Mayfield with probably the best back in 2a healthy.
Or maybe, just maybe, it was exactly what I told you a few weeks ago, duh. I recall telling you a lot of our offensive problems were simply caused by Bright being out. He is finally getting back in the flow of things. This caused BC to not be able to double cover Kennemore as they had every game since Bright went out. With single coverage Kennemore was able to get two easy scores. Then of course you have Caldwell providing his usual electric plays at wide out. Also, when we lost Tapia at LB that forced his counterpart, Murphy to have to go full time. He is now gaining his confidence and is making a good difference at LB.
#3 Shamari Morton is a heck of an athlete from all the highlights I seen of him. Very fast, and can make someone miss. Mayfield better know where he is at at all times. I would not kick it to him. Reminds me a lot of Deion Jackson.
Owensboro Catholic by a touchdown !
Every kick except for 1 on Friday was at least 3 yards deep in the end zone.
Tough decisions for Cardinals. Yellow or white cupcakes. Chocolate or vanilla icing.
This one is no cupcake. We will have to execute properly to win. But, that's the way it's supposed to be this time of year. I feel good about it but, no doubt this team is a fully capable team or they wouldn't be here after playing Murray.
Between Mayfield, OB Catholic, CAL and Desales, it's whoever plays the best on that particular night.. I honestly think any of the 4 are capable of winning it all and any are capable of getting knocked out by any of the other 3.. This is about as balanced as 2a has been in a long time.. Danville is also capable, but, they have the advantage of being on the other side of the bracket and only has to play 1 of those 4 and that would be in the championship..