Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Player of the Year
Blackcatpride06, you don't think that Brad Lowe helps out his team? What rock have you been hiding under???
Lowe deserves it he has had an outstanding year. May, Thompson and Maynard deserve mentioning but Lowe as had the best year imo.
for those that have mentioned slone from paintsville, he would have a hard time being picked poy for his team this year. I feel like Vanhoose has been their biggest impact player this year.
I saw Lowe tonight. He can fill it up.

But, I like Thompson for POY.
I think it would be between Lowe-PCC, and Thompson-LC Both have had great seasons.
My vote would go to Thompson, all around good player!!!!
im likeing brad lowe...he is a good shooter he plays good d and is a good teammate..not only does he make himself look good he makes players around him look better hands down lowe should get he has had an outstanding year.
"15th Fan" Wrote:Blackcatpride06, you don't think that Brad Lowe helps out his team? What rock have you been hiding under???

Yeah for real, I mean without Lowe they lost to you guys!
Brad Lowe or Thompson.
"alfus21" Wrote:Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say..If it was MVP we'd be having a different conversation, but I think Thompson from Lawrence would be a great choice for that...But no way Lowe isn't the player of the year..He's tearing the Region up...

I am not going to say that Lowe isnt but how in the world Would Shawn Thompson not be considered. Hell he is avg a double double every night and almost a triple double every night, he is The main Cog in Lawrence Co. Hell there hasnt been a team in the region stop him. I say its a Tie between Thompson and Lowe, but really Lowe does very little other than score.
Here is some of Lowes stats that I could find.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_20642
"Batpuff" Wrote:I am not going to say that Lowe isnt but how in the world Would Shawn Thompson not be considered. Hell he is avg a double double every night and almost a triple double every night, he is The main Cog in Lawrence Co. Hell there hasnt been a team in the region stop him. I say its a Tie between Thompson and Lowe, but really Lowe does very little other than score.

I think that is where you are wrong. He penetrates and creates shot for others, and he guards the other teams best post player while he is really a guard. He takes guards in the post and beats them with better moves than any postman in the region, and he is such a deadly shot that defenders can't help off of him to stop penetration from other PC players.

He makes his team 100% better, IMO.
"BigSlick" Wrote:I think that is where you are wrong. He penetrates and creates shot for others, and he guards the other teams best post player while he is really a guard. He takes guards in the post and beats them with better moves than any postman in the region, and he is such a deadly shot that defenders can't help off of him to stop penetration from other PC players.

He makes his team 100% better, IMO.

So does shawn, he plays center and isnt a center either, he creat more shots than anybody I have ever seen, Have you ever seen Shawn play.
i think it will go to Brad Lowe but Thompson is very very deserving of it i will admit...It is tough when you have two great young men and two great ball players battling for one title...if you all read this you both have alot of respect coming from here keep it up hopefully you will be seen on TV playing next year...:-)
Me thinks Lowe, Thompson and May are all 3 very good players....Slone, Vanhoose and Co are tremendous sophmores. Of the Seniors in the 15th I think Lowe has the best chance of being the best player at the next level..however as far as player of the the year I'd have to go with Shawn Thompson of Lawrence County. Take him away and Lawrence Co wins 4 or 5 games..with him they're a legit regional contender. He can do it outside or inside. He is a VERY GOOD HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER.
Landond slone boOO!O!O!O!O!O!O!O! how about B lowe hes the best in the region.. i wathced landon slone play.. hes not mr. all that.. brad lowe from wat i hear and have seen is hes good.. and deserves the title of 15th player of the year
Brad Lowe is hands down the best...i would hate to be the person who guarded him
"Batpuff" Wrote:So does shawn, he plays center and isnt a center either, he creat more shots than anybody I have ever seen, Have you ever seen Shawn play.

I was replying to the part saying Brad Lowe does little for his team other than score. I stated my opinion on that matter, and I think others that have watched him play would agree.

BTW....Yes, I have seen Thompson play, but only once. Can't judge him, but I can state that I think you have misjudged Lowe.
"BigSlick" Wrote:I was replying to the part saying Brad Lowe does little for his team other than score. I stated my opinion on that matter, and I think others that have watched him play would agree.

BTW....Yes, I have seen Thompson play, but only once. Can't judge him, but I can state that I think you have misjudged Lowe.

I have watched Lowe play early in the year and he didnt do much but shoot the ball, and know one ever mentions anything about him getting double figures in rebounds or how many assist he gets a game. So how many does he get?
MVP-Thompson from Lawrence County......he's the heart and soul of his team. He's agressive at both ends, goes to the board hard, good inside game and has the ability to drive to the basketball.

Runner Up- Lowe from PCC, has better offensive skills than Thompson, but hasn't learned that you can't give up more of the defensive end than you score of the offensive end. A good NAIA player.

Third-May from Sheldon Clark, is as athletic as Thompson, but hasn't had as good a season.

Just my opinion based on games I've watch all three play.
Matt Maynard
Seems Thompson wins the overall statistical battle when you factor in rebounds, assists and scoring averaging, but really picking between these two is a very difficult task. It really isn't legitimate to factor in what you think someone could do at the next level when what you're being asked to consider is player of THIS year.
BTW, I think both players could play at the NAIA level... anything they do in the future is squarely in the column of what they want and what they're willing to do to get it.
Brad Lowe
I have seen both play several times and IMO Brad Lowe can take over a game like no other in this region. He is a complete player and is a match up nightmare for anybody...
lets see I think Shawn can and has taken over several games this year, and he is a matchup night mare what world are you on. Guard him a center he takes you outside, guard him with a foward or a guard and he will post you up, not taking to fact that he loves to dish the rock and also take the rock to the hole.
Brad Lowe hands down. More consistent all year. You say he doesn't rebound. He is the leading rebounder on his team. Thompson is a great player but like Hoops Lover said Lowe can take over a game at anytime against anybody. He could barley walk and scores almost 30 against Belfry one of the top teams in the region. Who's primary goal was to shut him down.
Hands down...Brad Lowe!!
Its like I have said all year no one can stop Thompson and no one has, he has had a double double in all but 1 or two games, also was just off several triple double, and if he didnt take over a game I dont know what you call it. He is double and trippled teamed every time he is on the floor and still gets a double double, and makes sure he gets his other team mates involved. He sees the floor better than any I have seen play this year and years past and have seen several players.
Thompson = best player on a real bad team......love to see his stats home vs. road

Lowe = best player on the#1 or #2 team in the region and played hurt for half the season

Its a 2 horse race between Lowe and Maynard with Lowe winning IMHO