Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie Co 29 Somerset 26
Final
Congrats Leslie Co.

Somerset killed themselves with penalties in this one.

Somerset Scored late in the 4th quarter then recovered on side kickoff. But had a couple of penalties and turned the ball over on downs.
Barn burner
Lack of discipline hurts Somerset in the playoffs again. It's a shame because it sounds like they refused to give up. Time to get to work in the weight room. They've got a good group of skill players coming back next season but they have to get a lot stronger up front on both sides of the ball and the discipline has to improve if they want to become a factor in the playoffs again.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Lack of discipline hurts Somerset in the playoffs again. It's a shame because it sounds like they refused to give up. Time to get to work in the weight room. They've got a good group of skill players coming back next season but they have to get a lot stronger up front on both sides of the ball and the discipline has to improve if they want to become a factor in the playoffs again.

They haven't had that problem all year. Disappointed to see it last night.

They do need to get stronger, the O Line improved significantly throughout the season and they return 4/5 plus their subs so that's encouraging. They ran the ball all over Leslie, as did Leslie against the jumpers.
I smell a little home cooking!
Everyone is undisciplined when playing at Leslie co.
Congrats to the Eagles. Nice bounce back this year for Bunnies after last years disaster.
Wrong... The penalties they got were warranted. A very mouthy bunch.
Leslie didn't play great, but the offensive line for Leslie really dominated led by Blake Asher who is without a doubt one of the best Offensive Line in this State. Defensively looked like Leslie didn't want to give up any big plays and keep everything in front of them. When Hatcher got tossed for second Unsportsmanlike, it seemed like Somerset played way over their heads to keep the game close. Also want to mention that it was a very courageous effort by Doan of Somerset. He was visibly hurt but ran his tail off. As shifty of a tailback as I've seen since Ryan Howard here at Leslie Co. Leslie had him in the backfield and on the edges for losses and just could get him down.
Great game by the Eagles and on to Danville!!
Ashhurst's crew made it clear they were not gonna take any mouthing from the start..
I Rule The World Wrote:Ashhurst's crew made it clear they were not gonna take any mouthing from the start..

Ashhurst was over zealous, a good official can control a football game without tossing kids. Really tough to do that to a kid, but as a player you have to realize what you're dealing with when it comes to officials and their egos.

Jumpers had two trips inside the five that ended in no points, cash those two and they win by two scores, they didn't obviously do either.
Hats off to the Somerset Radio Crew. They are by far and away the most professional group of broadcasters have heard in a long time. :1:
Ashhurst is all you had to say. He has a grudge against the world.
E's Army Wrote:Ashhurst is all you had to say. He has a grudge against the world.

This is so true! Saw this crew work a game back in mid-season and it was terrible. Game lasted 3 and 1/2 hours and was a continuous flag fest. Seems as though he's more on a power trip than interested in just calling a high school football game.
Nice win Eagles :Cheerlead Next week game against Danville is going to be a tough one. :yikes:
Willie Turnover Wrote:Hats off to the Somerset Radio Crew. They are by far and away the most professional group of broadcasters have heard in a long time. :1:

Washam and Burlew are top notch. Big time Jumper fans but you could listen to them as an opposing fan and still enjoy it.
good win for the eagles
Eagles!!!!!
Glory Days Wrote:Everyone is undisciplined when playing at Leslie co.

I chuckled a little bit at this one.
Cellking what is your take on the game?
Good luck against Danville
E's Army Wrote:Cellking what is your take on the game?

Very Good game to watch as a spectator. Some bad calls both ways. The crew called the game like they had an attitude and were going to show everyone who was in charge. I know one member of the crew was raised and played sports in Leslie Co. Don't think that is good situation. Eagles played a great game and can give Danville some problems next week. Somerset was much improved and will be much better next season. :Clap::Clap::Clap: Eagles go get Danville.
Thanks Cellking
Thanks Cellking. Go Eagles! Congrats to Bunnies on a great season
We saw him earlier in the year absolutely 'dog' some players in a game. Right up in their face almost like daring them to say something after every play. He needs to hang the whistle up. He has a chip on his shoulder and wants to take it out on the kids looks like to a lot of fans supporting different schools. He needs to retire!
E's Army Wrote:Ashhurst is all you had to say. He has a grudge against the world.

He has little man syndrome...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I really wanted to stay away from dogging the officials, but...

The crew had a direct impact on the outcome of the game. I suppose Leslie may have ended up winning regardless, but the jumpers 4 year starting qb being out almost the entire second half certainly played a part in the loss. Patrick Oursler came in and scored a couple TDs, very happy for the kid, but Hatcher getting tossed inside the Eagles 5 yard line (and the jumpers didn't capitalize) had a major impact on SHS. According to those I've spoken to Harcher didn't say anything to warrant an ejection.

No matter what is said on the board, however, the loss stands unfortunately.
OldJacket Wrote:He has little man syndrome...

He should sue the government for building sidewalks so close to his ash.
Doesn't a player have to get two unsportsmanlike penalties before he's ejected? Did they kick out the Somerset QB just for saying something (or not saying something) with no previous warnings or penalties at all?

If so, sounds like the SHS coach should file some sort of formal complaint
JumperPride1 Wrote:I really wanted to stay away from dogging the officials, but...

The crew had a direct impact on the outcome of the game. I suppose Leslie may have ended up winning regardless, but the jumpers 4 year starting qb being out almost the entire second half certainly played a part in the loss. Patrick Oursler came in and scored a couple TDs, very happy for the kid, but Hatcher getting tossed inside the Eagles 5 yard line (and the jumpers didn't capitalize) had a major impact on SHS. According to those I've spoken to Harcher didn't say anything to warrant an ejection.

No matter what is said on the board, however, the loss stands unfortunately.

I know they didn't score, but it seemed to light a fire under Somerset and they really got some things going with the Back-Up QB..