Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 38 Fairview 12
Paintsville improves to 8-0 as Fairview drops to 4-4. If Raceland can beats Fairview it will set up the district title game in Paintsville in two weeks. If Fairview can play the roll of spoiler, much like Paintsville did on the Eagle's senior night, it will set up a possible 3 way tie for the district titles. So even though the Eagles sit at 4-4/0-1, no one's post season seed is solidified and there is still alot of football to be played.

Phelps went for over 200 and 3 TDs in the first half and then Fairview's defense made some adjustments in the second half and the offense was aboe to move the ball at times. Imo, had Fairview managed to score on their first drive, after Paintsville methodically marched down the field after the opening kick off, the game would have went differently. Paintsville pinned their ears back early and go in Roy's face alot. Watched some film and he seemed very shaky in the early goings. Paintsville is as good as I thought they were and Fairview is still pretty weak upfront. Paintsville will need to keep the silly penalties and keep the holds down if they want to get where they want to be. Two or three Tiger TDs were called back due to holds or a bad block. Well, thats my 2 cents of nonsense!lol. Congrats to the Tigers, Eagles, see you all next week in Ram Country.
Tigers dominated this game from the coin flip even though the score doesn't suggest they did. Would love to see the stats before the fourth qtr.
How many yards did paintsville give up in first half vs second half
Pretty substantial difference. In the late first quarter/early second, Koolhits team (take em w a grain if salt) had Fairview with -9 yds total offense.
good job tigers.
Two things . First, Fairview isn't very good this year. They were simply out matched by a more physical team and they seemed like they were intimidated from the opening whistle. Second, Paintsville has some big boys up front and they are a hard hitting team. It should be a good game when the Rams roll into town in a couple of weeks.
Orange Blaze Wrote:....It should be a good game when the Rams roll into town in a couple of weeks.

What Fairview experienced tonight should be a good indicator of what will happen to them in a couple of weeks.

It will be a good game for the Rams and their following but I think it will be another brutal night for the Eagles.

Good luck Raceland.
good win for the Tigers. I thought it would be just a little closer.
The tigers are a dang good football team! like I said earlier in the week the tigers would win by 21 or more and it could have been worse.. Now they get a chance to get rested,healthy and finish strong..:Thumbs:
Congrats to Paintsville. Are they a team of destiny or last year's Pikeville?
Was weather much of a factor in this one? I had Paintsville 49-14 did they under perform again? or is Fairview a little better than we thought...
Gargamel Wrote:Was weather much of a factor in this one? I had Paintsville 49-14 did they under perform again? or is Fairview a little better than we thought...

Don't let the final score fool you it was never close. Paintsville was up 32-0 at halftime and they coasted in the 2nd half.
First off, congrats Tigers on the district road win. Secondly, what is up with other teams fans wishing ill will on Kash. This isn't the first time this year fans saying they hope he gets hurt or yelling for their players to break his leg. Some Fairview fans did the same thing last year at Paintsville. It's pathetic and shows what kind of people they really are. One of these days someone is gonna run their mouth in front of the wrong person and get their jaws jacked. There's always gonna be a hand full of sore losers in every crowd, but hoping that a high school kid gets hurt is out of control.

Congrats Tigers, keep it rolling, GO BIG BLUE. #WeNotMe

Good Luck Fairview and your GOOD fans the remainder of your season
Congrats on a good win Paintsville.
Paintsville will be in Bowling Green if they stay healthy and they have the toughness to maybe win it all. They are a good team and made a statement tonight. I remember just a few years back they was a concern about enough kids to play, the new coach has done a great job.
That really is a bad deal. No one should want a kid to get hurt. Especially one we will all be routing for next year at UK. Kash seems to be a pretty good kid doesn't show his opponents up when he has the chance. Just takes care of business and goes on. Good luck tigers. I really think it would help them to lose one tho. Pressure is real when yu get up to 11 or 12 and 0
we get rowdy in westwood but I never herd anyone wish ill will on the kid. and Paintsville is a good team. I have no idea who wins this district. keep your heads up eagles.
IntheZone Wrote:That really is a bad deal. No one should want a kid to get hurt. Especially one we will all be routing for next year at UK. Kash seems to be a pretty good kid doesn't show his opponents up when he has the chance. Just takes care of business and goes on. Good luck tigers. I really think it would help them to lose one tho. Pressure is real when yu get up to 11 or 12 and 0

Doesn't matter if any player is headed to UK, OHIO STATE, ALABAMA, or an ordinary Joe that will be working at Wal-Mart next year, injury should never be wished upon a high school athlete on any sport. Doesn't matter if it's Kash Daniel or whoever ! ! ! !
scrappy coco Wrote:we get rowdy in westwood but I never herd anyone wish ill will on the kid. and Paintsville is a good team. I have no idea who wins this district. keep your heads up eagles.

There were a couple fans saying it after the game at the gate. A couple Paintsville fans heard it and gave them a piece of their mind. Like I said, there's always a few bad apples in every crowd.
Redneck Wrote:There were a couple fans saying it after the game at the gate. A couple Paintsville fans heard it and gave them a piece of their mind. Like I said, there's always a few bad apples in every crowd.

It's only a product of jealous moms and dads that can't handle a kid from a 1A school going to the next highest level. Some just can't handle it
Seen a couple of things in this game 1. Fairview is pretty weak up front and not physical at all they were scared to death of Paintsville in the beginning of the game they did seem to calm down towards the second half . 2 Paintsville has a good line and ran up the middle at will against fairview 3. Kash does not throw the ball well at all which sets up a big smash mouth game against Raceland , Racelands line is better than Paintsville and will force Paintsville to throw and that's how Raceland will win
I have seen Raceland on YouTube Play, and i guess being a Raceland guy you would say that their line is better. However, I really dont think that is the case. Maybe you can call it a draw, but outside of 63 65, who are very good, i would give a slight edge to the Tigers. The big kid that plays nose for tigers is a big change from last season when a smaller quick kid played there. the nose this year is 6'4" or better and moves well for a big boy and i believe may cause some bad QB Center exchanges. as far as Kash throwing the ball, he did not have his best night against fairview throwing but i assure you he can throw it. seemed the Offense at Fairview was a little vanilla for two reasons. 1) didnt want to show any wrinkles that i am sure have been in place since last years match up, and 2) didnt need to, looked like at the end of the game they ran the same play over and over and scored going the length of the field with freshman running back. great game coming up next week cant wait.
BlueCrew34 Wrote:I have seen Raceland on YouTube Play, and i guess being a Raceland guy you would say that their line is better. However, I really dont think that is the case. Maybe you can call it a draw, but outside of 63 65, who are very good, i would give a slight edge to the Tigers. The big kid that plays nose for tigers is a big change from last season when a smaller quick kid played there. the nose this year is 6'4" or better and moves well for a big boy and i believe may cause some bad QB Center exchanges. as far as Kash throwing the ball, he did not have his best night against fairview throwing but i assure you he can throw it. seemed the Offense at Fairview was a little vanilla for two reasons. 1) didnt want to show any wrinkles that i am sure have been in place since last years match up, and 2) didnt need to, looked like at the end of the game they ran the same play over and over and scored going the length of the field with freshman running back. great game coming up next week cant wait.

A good nose guard might give the Rams some trouble because thier center is the only weak spot on the line and has been all year , Raceland has the same line as last year other than at center
anotherfootballnut Wrote:A good nose guard might give the Rams some trouble because thier center is the only weak spot on the line and has been all year , Raceland has the same line as last year other than at center

Tigers win by18:welcome:
This is me Wrote:Tigers win by18:welcome:

Wanna bet
Paintsville picks it up in the 3rd and wins it by 14
Question for all the Paintsville fans and I only ask this due to the sudden MAJOR SHIFT in confidence (from last year to this year), voice your opinions. Do you feel your backfield this year is better than last year? Which produced not one but two D1 RBs? I ask because Belcher had a big game against Raceland in the playoffs, going for 180 and a few scores. Phelps seems tough, but my question is simple, which backfield is better?
I think the improvement has come in the offensive line. The RB's are about the same. That is coming from a former lineman of coarse.
Did anyone see / hear the fairview pa announcer at the end of the game . It's on utube ( announcer goes wild on officials after game ) he needs to be fired
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Did anyone see / hear the fairview pa announcer at the end of the game . It's on utube ( announcer goes wild on officials after game ) he needs to be fired
agree 100%. embarassing