Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings Week Ending 10/10
If you haven't gotten your rankings submitted, please do so immediately!!

Thank you!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:If you haven't gotten your rankings submitted, please do so immediately!!

Thank you!!!

It would be nice. I am not on the panel Confusednicker:
Please be patient with me. Waiting for two other voters!

Smile
You get my pm Granny Bear?
Nvm!!
Im interested to see how everyone feels about Belfry and Paris now.
Yes Scotty, I did. Your interest is well deserved!

Smile
Rankings for Week Ending 10/10/2015

1A

1) Paintsville* (6)
1) Beechwood* (6)
2) Pikeville
3) Russellville
4) Paris
5) Raceland
6) Bishop Brossart
7) Campbellsville
8) Hazard
9) Fairview
10) Harlan

2A

1) Mayfield (12)
2) DeSales
3) Christian Academy of Louisville
4) Danville
5) Owensboro Catholic
6) Leslie County
7) Murray
8) Newport Central Catholic
9) Shelby Valley
10) Lloyd Memorial

3A

1) Boyle County (12)
2) Central
3) Belfry
4) Caldwell County
5) Elizabethtown
6) Paducah Tilghman
7) Bell County
8) Adair County
9) Corbin
10) Henry County

4A

1) South Warren (7)
2) Johnson Central (5)
3) Ashland Blazar
4) Spencer County
5) Hopkinsville
6) Scott
7) Shelby County
8) Franklin County
9) John Hardin
10) Wayne County

5A

1) Bowling Green (12)
2) Pulaski
3) Owensboro
4) Fern Creek
5) Southwestern
6) North Laurel
7) Christian County
8) North Bullitt
9) Greenwood
10) South Oldham

6A

1) Male (12)
2) Trinity
3) Simon Kenton
4) Scott County
5) St. Xavier
6) McCracken County
7) DuPont Manual
8) Bryan Station
9) Ryle
10) Lafayette

A couple of new ones this week!! Also, only one point separated Simon Kenton and Scott County.

Thank you to everyone on the voting panel. I really appreciate your efforts!!!
I stand firmly behind the fact that Paris is NOT a top 5 team.

1. Beechwood (is still a two td favorite over the east rep imo)
2. Paintsville (deserves the 2 spot as well as makes their statement on really being a number 1 team)
3. Russellville (hard not to put them over the next two after seeing Murray's showing against Mayfield)
T4. Raceland/Pikeville .these two are neck and neck imo. I give Raceland the slight edge based on the Raceland/LC, Pikeville/Belfry, and LC/Belfry game.

The rest imo, can be pulled from a hat. The semi finalist and state champs are somewhere in my top 4/5. My question is this, if Raceland beats Fairview by as much or more than Paintsville did, what does that make everyone think?

In 3A, I have a hard time pushing Belfry higher than 3-5. I think they are title contenders, but they have some major issues with turnovers. Hard to have much faith in a team that turns the ball over 7 times but at the same time, they turned it over 7 times and still won the damn ball game...defense wins championships. But if they make it that far, you cant do that against other championship caliber teams, they will make you pay for them.
In all fairness, Paris is #5 as there is a tie in that group.

I don't count the tie as two teams, and I probably should. But I like to be able to list as many teams that received votes as I can.
can someone delete my previous post, I don't want anyone taking it out of context after the rankings were fixed.
Desales over CAL? CAL shut them out
Lexington Catholic not in top 10?
^
It wasn't by much...4 points I believe.

DDP5 Wrote:can someone delete my previous post, I don't want anyone taking it out of context after the rankings were fixed.

Done!! But if anybody says anything about it, it was MY error.

Smile
How does a victory over an unranked 2-4 team move one loss Beechwood into a tie for first with an unbeaten team? Haters going to hate.
A couple of things puzzle myself, and I'm a member of this. Corbin? DeSales ranked ahead of CAL? Lexington Catholic?
BigMelon63 Wrote:How does a victory over an unranked 2-4 team move one loss Beechwood into a tie for first with an unbeaten team? Haters going to hate.

Imo, its simple. In the previous alignment, the only team to truly challenge Mayfield year in and out on a consistent basis is Beechwood. Paintsville doesnt have a loss, but havent had a win over anybody that imo solidifies them a number 1 ranking. If Raceland were undefeated, beating Ashland and Valley, imo, it would make an argument. Had Paintsville shut out Bourbon or held then to less than 2 TDs, that would, imo give them the number one spot. No one in the top 10 has an eye popping win. If Paintsville can win the district, they will get my vote for the number 1 spot, or if Beechwood would somehow take another loss (New Cath being the only viable option for that). Until then, Beechwood is number 1 in my eyes, they lossed to a team that would probably beat any of the other 1A contenders by just as much if not more.
irishcard16 Wrote:A couple of things puzzle myself, and I'm a member of this. Corbin? DeSales ranked ahead of CAL? Lexington Catholic?

Are you thinking Corbin should be unranked, or do you think they should be ranked higher.
irishcard16 Wrote:A couple of things puzzle myself, and I'm a member of this. Corbin? DeSales ranked ahead of CAL? Lexington Catholic?

What about Corbin. Just curious Confusedecret:
Victories over two of the 10 top ranked teams doesn't count I guess. I think I would rather have a coach that lets up on teams to give younger players experience than one who runs the score up for rankings anyway.
Corbin should be higher than Adair. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Bowling Green if they ever get healthy again.
A tie at 1A.
2A, 3A, 5A & 6A are unanimous.

4A... I can understand why people voted South Warren #1. JC really hasn't beat nobody yet. After the Ashland and Belfry games, JC will be #1 again.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
BigMelon63 Wrote:Victories over two of the 10 top ranked teams doesn't count I guess. I think I would rather have a coach that lets up on teams to give younger players experience than one who runs the score up for rankings anyway.

I was at the fairview game , paintsvilles starters were still in the game in the 4th quarter , which really surprised me btw
BigMelon63 Wrote:Victories over two of the 10 top ranked teams doesn't count I guess. I think I would rather have a coach that lets up on teams to give younger players experience than one who runs the score up for rankings anyway.

There are only 4 teams imo that have any shot at winning the 1A title
Paintsville
Beechwood
Pikeville
Raceland
After those it's a huge drop off , so to say Paintsville has two wins over top 10 teams ( Fairview and Hazard) isn't saying much , Raceland has one good win which is Lawrence co but after 2 straight loss's they dropped out of the top 10 in 3a so that doesn't help their cause much , if the beat fairview Friday night that really don't say much either . Pairs only beating Nichols co 12-7 shows how good they really are , Nichols co is pretty weak . Next week when Paintsville and Raceland play will decide the number 2 with beechwood being one just how it works when your from eastern ky no respect .
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I stand firmly behind the fact that Paris is NOT a top 5 team.

1. Beechwood (is still a two td favorite over the east rep imo)
2. Paintsville (deserves the 2 spot as well as makes their statement on really being a number 1 team)
3. Russellville (hard not to put them over the next two after seeing Murray's showing against Mayfield)
T4. Raceland/Pikeville .these two are neck and neck imo. I give Raceland the slight edge based on the Raceland/LC, Pikeville/Belfry, and LC/Belfry game.

The rest imo, can be pulled from a hat. The semi finalist and state champs are somewhere in my top 4/5. My question is this, if Raceland beats Fairview by as much or more than Paintsville did, what does that make everyone think?

In 3A, I have a hard time pushing Belfry higher than 3-5. I think they are title
contenders, but they have some major issues with turnovers. Hard to have much faith in a team that turns the ball over 7 times but at the same time, they turned it over 7 times and still won the damn ball game...defense wins championships. But if they make it that far, you cant do that against other championship caliber teams, they will make you pay for them.

Now Scotty_Scotty_Bronson look at my top ten. Confusednicker:

BGR Ranking...............................64SUR Ranking

1. Paintsville....8-0.......................1. Paintsville
2. Beechwood...........6-1..............2. Beechwood
3. Pikeville.......5-2.......................3. Pikeville
4. Russellville.......6-1...................4. Russellville
5. Paris................8-0...................5. Raceland ( boom )
6. Raceland.........5-2....................6. Paris
7. Bishop Brossart.........7-0...........7. Hazard
8. Campbellville......6-1.................8. Pineville....5-2
9. Hazard.....6-2...........................9. Fairview
10. Fairview......4-4......................10. Bishop Brossart

Trying to ease your pain Scotty_Bronson. Confusedmoke:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Desales over CAL? CAL shut them out
Lexington Catholic not in top 10?

I'm not even a CAL fan but this is ridiculous. CAL not moving up is a joke.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:A tie at 1A.
2A, 3A, 5A & 6A are unanimous.

4A... I can understand why people voted South Warren #1. JC really hasn't beat nobody yet. After the Ashland and Belfry games, JC will be #1 again.
Lexington Catholic was not a nobody when JC dominated the Knights in Lexington. LexCath has lost to two top 10 6A teams and to Johnson Central.

South Warren could not even reach the 3A finals a year ago and JC soundly beat the 3A champion the week before the playoffs began. Both teams returned many starters, but JC was easily a better team a year ago and I see no convincing evidence that SW has improved enough to overtake JC this season.

However, I can see how a reasonable person might vote SW #1. I do not see how a reasonable person could leave Lexington Catholic off the ballot in 3A or vote Paintsville #1 over Beechwood. The Tigers have a shot at a title, but Covington Catholic, which beat Beechwood by 20, would likely beat Paintsville by an even wider margin. Paintsville has never won a state title and without a really bad loss by Beechwood or an impressive win over a common opponent with Beechwood, I don't understand how anybody could rank Paintsville over Beechwood. Yet 6 voters did exactly that. Amazing...
anotherfootballnut Wrote:There are only 4 teams imo that have any shot at winning the 1A title
Paintsville
Beechwood
Pikeville
Raceland
After those it's a huge drop off , so to say Paintsville has two wins over top 10 teams ( Fairview and Hazard) isn't saying much , Raceland has one good win which is Lawrence co but after 2 straight loss's they dropped out of the top 10 in 3a so that doesn't help their cause much , if the beat fairview Friday night that really don't say much either . Pairs only beating Nichols co 12-7 shows how good they really are , Nichols co is pretty weak . Next week when Paintsville and Raceland play will decide the number 2 with beechwood being one just how it works when your from eastern ky no respect .
Actually, wins over three top 10 teams. Pikeville being the other. Paintsville is very very good. Tough, hard nosed. Yet I still wouldn't rank them #1 right now.
This coming from a Monday morning QB, there needs to be more discussion among panel members before results are made public. That could eliminate some glaring errors. Pretty decent job overall for a new deal but you can tweak it a little IMO...

Also, there are 11 teams in Class A top 10. If 2 teams tie for #1, the next team is #3, not #2...

Again, you guys get a "B", tinker a little and it could easily be an "A" every week IMO...

With 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter Kash scored to put Paintsville up 56-21, then Bourbon scored one more time. Im not disputing that Paintsville has looked like a number 1 team. But the last two years, so did Williamsburg, but they werent getting ranked above Mayfield. Until this season is over, all this means nothing neway. The true number 1 team will be the one with a big trophy to put in their trophy case. Then we will also have a better idea as to where everyone else falls.

After Raceland plays Fairview, atleast from a defensive standpoint, we will know a little more about how Raceland and Paintsville look when comparing apples to apples. Until then its all opinions of 12 or 13 people on the voting comittee. Paintsville looks like a number 1 team, but Beechwood does too and has their history to back them up a litte as well.
QUOTE=jetpilot;1927923]This coming from a Monday morning QB, there needs to be more discussion among panel members before results are made public. That could eliminate some glaring errors. Pretty decent job overall for a new deal but you can tweak it a little IMO...

Also, there are 11 teams in Class A top 10. If 2 teams tie for #1, the next team is #3, not #2...

Again, you guys get a "B", tinker a little and it could easily be an "A" every week IMO...[/QUOTE]

picky picky picky......

I do that so that more teams can get mentioned, and get a little exposure. If you don't like it, volunteer to tally up the scores!!
Confusednicker:[