Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Rowan County 10/16
Johnson Central enters this game 6-0 and 3-0 in the district.

Rowan County enters this game 4-4 and 1-2 in the district.

So let's hear it.... what are your thoughts?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC leads the All-Time series 8-1.

1977: Johnson Central 34-0
1978: Johnson Central 40-16
1991: Johnson Central 32-6
2001: Rowan County 40-20
2002: Johnson Central 16-15
2011: Johnson Central 63-14
2012: Johnson Central 58-14
2013: Johnson Central 59-10
2014: Johnson Central 48-14
JC rolls big once again
From the 2004 season to Present.
Counting the past Regular Seasons (110), Playoff games (25) and the 2015 season thus far (6-0)....

With 141 games played, Coach Matney has a 113-28 W/L record at JC.
JC by a lot
Rowan has a ZERO chance to win this game. Final will be in the 59-6 range.
THOMCAT Wrote:Rowan has a ZERO chance to win this game. Final will be in the 59-6 range.

I like your confidence.....
Just another night in cupcakeville...
luke skywalker Wrote:Just another night in cupcakeville...

The force must be with you my son. :trolldad2:
luke skywalker Wrote:Just another night in cupcakeville...
Johnson Central could not get the mighty Lawrence County Bulldogs or 1A powerhouse Pikeville on its schedule this season and like Belfry, the Golden Eagles are required to play district games. Johnson Central's schedule has been plenty strong enough to prepare it for annual games against Belfry. :biggrin:
Eagle84 Wrote:The force must be with you my son. :trolldad2:
The farce is strong in that one.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central could not get the mighty Lawrence County Bulldogs or 1A powerhouse Pikeville on its schedule this season and like Belfry, the Golden Eagles are required to play district games. Johnson Central's schedule has been plenty strong enough to prepare it for annual games against Belfry. :biggrin:
Oh I see. That's the goal for JC, just to beat belfry. No wonder the playoffs is the end of the road year after year. Congrats on your beating belfry trophy I guess.
luke skywalker Wrote:Oh I see. That's the goal for JC, just to beat belfry. No wonder the playoffs is the end of the road year after year. Congrats on your beating belfry trophy I guess.
Congrats on following a team that has not been competing in the same region as Highlands during their golden years. Hopefully, Belfry will bring home another state title this season, but Johnson Central has a much better shot at one this season than Belfry does.

I think most JC supporters, including me, love seeing Belfry bringing home the hardware to the mountains. It's just a few Belfry fans that bash JC's program and don't seem to understand that any success that JC has reflects well on Belfry too.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Congrats on following a team that has not been competing in the same region as Highlands during their golden years. Hopefully, Belfry will bring home another state title this season, but Johnson Central has a much better shot at one this season than Belfry does.

I think most JC supporters, including me, love seeing Belfry bringing home the hardware to the mountains. It's just a few Belfry fans that bash JC's program and don't seem to understand that any success that JC has reflects well on Belfry too.
I'm not sure you know this but I'm not really a belfry fan. We usually play them in BG so I really don't care who beats who. I just noticed the chest thumping from a few jc fans and to be honest I'm not sure what JC has to thump their chest about. All I see is how everyone is afraid to play JC and then when it's mentioned that jc can't make it out of the second round then the crying starts about how it's because of highlands or CC. Now those teams are gone so it should be a cake walk to BG for you guys. Congrats, you will finally make it now that the competition has left the building.
luke skywalker Wrote:I'm not sure you know this but I'm not really a belfry fan. We usually play them in BG so I really don't care who beats who. I just noticed the chest thumping from a few jc fans and to be honest I'm not sure what JC has to thump their chest about. All I see is how everyone is afraid to play JC and then when it's mentioned that jc can't make it out of the second round then the crying starts about how it's because of highlands or CC. Now those teams are gone so it should be a cake walk to BG for you guys. Congrats, you will finally make it now that the competition has left the building.
You may not have noticed, but neither Covington Catholic nor Highlands is having much success this season. Johnson Central would be the favorites to win 4A with or without those two teams competing in the same region. That's not chest thumping, it's just a fact. Boyle County would have been stiffer competition without the realignment.
luke skywalker Wrote:I'm not sure you know this but I'm not really a belfry fan. We usually play them in BG so I really don't care who beats who. I just noticed the chest thumping from a few jc fans and to be honest I'm not sure what JC has to thump their chest about. All I see is how everyone is afraid to play JC and then when it's mentioned that jc can't make it out of the second round then the crying starts about how it's because of highlands or CC. Now those teams are gone so it should be a cake walk to BG for you guys. Congrats, you will finally make it now that the competition has left the building.

Oh OK, now I get it. I see that you support that bunch of cry babies that made that one trip to Johnson Co. and got their hind ends whipped by a score of 48-29...Truth is the game was never that close to begin with either, was it? Johnson Central totally humiliated Louisville Central, and you just cant get over that.....Now I can see why you always take pot shots at JC...Apparently you must still be feeling that horrible sting that obviously wont go away. It's the gift that just keeps on giving, junior. Suck it up!!

Looks like we've just got a sore looser here Hoot.
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh OK, now I get it. I see that you support that bunch of cry babies that made that one trip to Johnson Co. and got their hind ends whipped by a score of 48-29...Truth is the game was never that close to begin with either, was it? Johnson Central totally humiliated Louisville Central, and you just cant get over that.....Now I can see why you always take pot shots at JC...Apparently you must still be feeling that horrible sting that obviously wont go away. It's the gift that just keeps on giving, junior. Suck it up!!

How do you really feel? Lol
LCC Wrote:How do you really feel? Lol

Oh, I feel good. How you doing?:biggrin:
From 2004-2014, JC has played 10 games in the regular season or the playoffs against a team that won a state championship. We have a 3-7 record against those teams.

2014: Belfry 3A (JC won 35-0)
2013: Belfry 3A (JC won 54-28)
2011: Highlands 4A (JC lost 20-67)
2010: Highlands 5A (JC lost 14-21)
2010: Boyle County 4A (JC lost 29-36)
2009: Highlands 5A (JC lost 21-42)
2009: Boyle County 4A (JC lost 7-49)
2008: Highlands 5A (JC lost 21-35)
2007: Central 3A (JC won 48-29)
2006: Covington Catholic (JC lost 14-38)
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh OK, now I get it. I see that you support that bunch of cry babies that made that one trip to Johnson Co. and got their hind ends whipped by a score of 48-29...Truth is the game was never that close to begin with either, was it? Johnson Central totally humiliated Louisville Central, and you just cant get over that.....Now I can see why you always take pot shots at JC...Apparently you must still be feeling that horrible sting that obviously wont go away. It's the gift that just keeps on giving, junior. Suck it up!!

Sore loser with how many more title than JC? I'm glad you all take pride in having all those regular season wins, and then getting gut stomped in the playoffs every year :hilarious: good to see that cupcakeville is happy with being an average team that chokes. Maybe just maybe now that the competition is all gone you guys can make it, I'm not holding my breath though. Keep counting all your regular season wins and we will keep counting titles Confusednicker:
Jeez. I wish we didn't have to play these games. But at least they got the stones to play us, if only because the KHSAA says they have to...
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You may not have noticed, but neither Covington Catholic nor Highlands is having much success this season. Johnson Central would be the favorites to win 4A with or without those two teams competing in the same region. That's not chest thumping, it's just a fact. Boyle County would have been stiffer competition without the realignment.
Easy to say you would be the favorite when someone's gone. That's the usual BS from JC fans. It's always if's and but's with you all.
luke skywalker Wrote:Sore loser with how many more title than JC? I'm glad you all take pride in having all those regular season wins, and then getting gut stomped in the playoffs every year :hilarious: good to see that cupcakeville is happy with being an average team that chokes. Maybe just maybe now that the competition is all gone you guys can make it, I'm not holding my breath though. Keep counting all your regular season wins and we will keep You guyscounting titles Confusednicker:

You guys ever play Highlands? How'd you do?
JC beat Belfry 35-0 last season.... Central lost to Belfry 14-7.

2008, Central lost to Highlands 0-28.
2007, Central lost to Highlands 13-21
luke skywalker Wrote:Sore loser with how many more title than JC? I'm glad you all take pride in having all those regular season wins, and then getting gut stomped in the playoffs every year :hilarious: good to see that cupcakeville is happy with being an average team that chokes. Maybe just maybe now that the competition is all gone you guys can make it, I'm not holding my breath though. Keep counting all your regular season wins and we will keep counting titles Confusednicker:

I guess when you think about it we have played several cupcakes over the years, and no doubt Louisville Central ended up being one of the biggest ones we have played....Can you say over rated?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC beat Belfry 35-0 last season.... Central lost to Belfry 14-7.

2008, Central lost to Highlands 0-28.
2007, Central lost to Highlands 13-21

This thread needs to be deleted if that is the best you can do!!

How 'bout it HOTSHOT!!
Diogenes Wrote:You guys ever play Highlands? How'd you do?

lol....I'm sure you remember how it was when we played them, Diogenes...And I'm doubly sure you remember how they hunkered down and quit like a bunch of little girls when they got the crap knocked out of them...I can vividly remember thinking, what the heck kind of football do these guys play anyways? I thought we were playing them in The Lingerie Bowl, or something, by the sissy way they acted...And I'll just bet that ole Luke was one of the cheerleaders on that squad too.Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....I'm sure you remember how it was when we played them, Diogenes...And I'm doubly sure you remember how they hunkered down and quit like a bunch of little girls when they got the crap knocked out of them...I can vividly remember thinking, what the heck kind of football do these guys play anyways? I thought we were playing them in The Lingerie Bowl, or something, by the sissy way they acted...And I'll just bet that ole Luke was one of the cheerleaders on that squad too.Confusednicker:
I remember that battle of the Centrals very well. That was a rebuilding year for Johnson Central and a state title year for Louisville Central, but the Golden Eagles beat the 'Jackets like a rented mule. The score was 48-29, easily Louisville Central's worst loss of the year and the finally score was not really reflective of how JC dominated the game.

You may be right about Luke. Maybe he was on the receiving side of that beatdown. That would explain his obsession with the Johnson Central threads.
JC by 36
Paintsville a lovely place where me and my partner met in 2006 at the Carriage Inn. I hope to make the trip from Barbourville over to see JC this year cause they really have a special team this year. Go JC!!! You can do it!!!