Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings for Week Ending 10/03
I will agree with 3 A and 4A.
In 2A, number 5 thru 10 may as well not be listed, The top 4 are that much better.
McCracken has Henderson County and Muhlenberg County left in the District, then Bowling Green. Bowling Green is a winning tradition team with 6A size numbers of players/athletes. Other than Tilghman and Mayfield the schedule was so so. Ohio county only dressed 22 players. Our district is what it is. Given time we should get really competitive in 6A overall.
64SUR Wrote:Belfry is still the team to beat in the east. TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

This is also true. Unless someone steps up their game I think Belfry is two TD's better than anyone else in the east on a night when both teams are playing their A games.

Bell, Corbin, Russell and Lawrence Co (maybe Fleming has to join the convo after they beat Russell) are the contenders to dethrone Belfry in the easy and you can see how sharp of a drop off it is with each team in that list. Heck three of them would probably need divine intervention to beat Belfry right now.

At this point I think you will have District 6 (Belfry) vs District 8 (Bell Co) in the east semi-final.
these polls are just people's opinions , Racelands hasn't got any consideration for their schedule at all but where it counts the most is during district and playoff time , their schedule prepares them for more than what they will see in the playoffs , they will not see a better running back than Baker , they won't see a better defense than Ashlands , they won't see a better qb or receiver than valleys other than maybe Lawrence co . One thing I see negative about this Raceland team this year they seem to play to their competition maybe take some teams to lightly but those days are over its district and playoff time now , the real season starts
^^^what he said
Granny Bear Wrote:Here you are BGR posters! Discuss!!

1A

1) Paintsville (7)
2) Beechwood (5)
3) Pikeville
4) Paris
5) Russellville
6) Campbellsville
7) Raceland
8) Hazard
9) Fairview*
9) Bishop Brossart*

10) Harlan

2A

1) Mayfield (7)
2) DeSales (5)
3) Owensboro Catholic
4) Danville
5) Christian Academy of Louisville
6) Leslie County
7) Murray
8) Newport Central Catholic
9) Lexington Christian*
9) Lloyd Memorial*

10) Shelby Valley

3A

1) Boyle County (8)
2) Belfry (4)
3) Central
4) Caldwell County
5) Elizabethtown
6) Lexington Catholic*
6) Paducah Tighlman*

7) Bell County
8) Corbin
9) Adair County
10) Russell

4A

1) Johnson Central (8)
2) South Warren (4)
3) Ashland Blazer
4) Spencer County
5) Hopkinsville
6) Scott
7) Franklin County
8) Shelby County
9) John Hardin
10) Collins

(Knox Central got some love this week!)

5A

1) Bowling Green (11)
2) Pulaski County (1)
3) Owensboro
4) Fern Creek
5) Southwestern*
5) North Laurel*

6) Christian County
7) North Bullitt
8) South Oldham
9) Covington Catholic
10) Greenwood

6A

1) Male (12)
2) Trinity
3) Scott County
4) Simon Kenton
5) DuPont Manual
6) St. Xavier*
6) Ryle*

7) McCracken County
8) Bryan Station
9) Pleasure Ridge Park
10) Lafayette

All six classes have a PUBLIC school ranked as the #1 team.

1A & 2A have a 7/5 vote split. One vote away from having a tie at the Top.

Male getting all 12 votes is awesome!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I don't think Leslie county could beat Hurley va or pike county central. I'm thinking Leslie county will end the season at 7-3. Losses to pburg, Shelby valley, and Whitley county.
footballforlife66 Wrote:I don't think Leslie county could beat Hurley va or pike county central. I'm thinking Leslie county will end the season at 7-3. Losses to pburg, Shelby valley, and Whitley county.

I don't know about that 66, Leslie County is not a bad football team at all. But I don't belive they are as good as advertised. If they don't beat Prestonsburg, I'll be suprised but not upset. Shelby Valley gave them their first loss last year and will probably do it again this year. Hopefully. Leslie very well could win out their season. Talented group of kids. I just don't like the way teams are done over there.
Mjolnir Wrote:I will agree with 3 A and 4A.
In 2A, number 5 thru 10 may as well not be listed, The top 4 are that much better.

If you've got 4 teams that are better than Murray and Newpirt Catholic I'd like to hear them.
I heard Highlands still thinks they can win 5A
Jackson05 Wrote:If you've got 4 teams that are better than Murray and Newpirt Catholic I'd like to hear them.

Exactly
2-4 may not be a flashy record, but NCC is no worse than 4th or 5th in 2A.
A few years back NCC was 0-5 going into district play, they finished 10-5 and won a state title. That was pre-Desales though. 2A east is very weak by comparison.
Granny Bear Wrote:Here you are BGR posters! Discuss!!

1A

1) Paintsville (7)
2) Beechwood (5)
3) Pikeville
4) Paris
5) Russellville
6) Campbellsville
7) Raceland
8) Hazard
9) Fairview*
9) Bishop Brossart*

10) Harlan

2A

1) Mayfield (7)
2) DeSales (5)
3) Owensboro Catholic
4) Danville
5) Christian Academy of Louisville
6) Leslie County
7) Murray
8) Newport Central Catholic
9) Lexington Christian*
9) Lloyd Memorial*

10) Shelby Valley

3A

1) Boyle County (8)
2) Belfry (4)
3) Central
4) Caldwell County
5) Elizabethtown
6) Lexington Catholic*
6) Paducah Tighlman*

7) Bell County
8) Corbin
9) Adair County
10) Russell

4A

1) Johnson County (8)
2) South Warren (4)
3) Ashland Blazar
4) Spencer County
5) Hopkinsville
6) Scott
7) Franklin County
8) Shelby County
9) John Hardin
10) Collins

(Knox Central got some love this week!)

5A

1) Bowling Green (11)
2) Pulaski County (1)
3) Owensboro
4) Fern Creek
5) Southwestern*
5) North Laurel*

6) Christian County
7) North Bullitt
8) South Oldham
9) Covington Catholic
10) Greenwood

6A

1) Male (12)
2) Trinity
3) Scott County
4) Simon Kenton
5) DuPont Manual
6) St. Xavier*
6) Ryle*

7) McCracken County
8) Bryan Station
9) Pleasure Ridge Park
10) Lafayette

Paris at #4 is now laughable. Idk if they are even a top 10 team, let alone top 5.
Gator95 what are you gonna say when SV losses next week. I mean you can talk a lot of shit... But you take it to far. Especially if you end up losing there's no possible way to back it up. Bc you sure as hell can't blame it on the refs like you and Pburg fans always do. A ref never decides if you W or L. Your players do. That's the bottom line. Lol
4ever witness Wrote:Gator95 what are you gonna say when SV losses next week. I mean you can talk a lot of shit... But you take it to far. Especially if you end up losing there's no possible way to back it up. Bc you sure as hell can't blame it on the refs like you and Pburg fans always do. A ref never decides if you W or L. Your players do. That's the bottom line. Lol

And if Leslie losses you my friend are in the same boat.... Go cats
Gator95 Wrote:I don't know about that 66, Leslie County is not a bad football team at all. But I don't belive they are as good as advertised. If they don't beat Prestonsburg, I'll be suprised but not upset. Shelby Valley gave them their first loss last year and will probably do it again this year. Hopefully. Leslie very well could win out their season. Talented group of kids. I just don't like the way teams are done over there.

You could be correct, LC is alittle better than I thought. I would have bet pburg would beat them by two scores
I just think Pburg may be worse than you think.
Leslie and Shelby Valley have grown greatly in recent years. Two years ago both were blown away by Betsy Layne in embarrassing fashions. Be grateful that your programs are relevant again.
4ever witness Wrote:Gator95 what are you gonna say when SV losses next week. I mean you can talk a lot of shit... But you take it to far. Especially if you end up losing there's no possible way to back it up. Bc you sure as hell can't blame it on the refs like you and Pburg fans always do. A ref never decides if you W or L. Your players do. That's the bottom line. Lol

never?
pjdoug Wrote:never?

Let him go Doug, I've finally figured out that's one person you can't talk to about football because they really have no idea what they're saying.