Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 56 Pike Central 7
Bigcat Wrote:Really excited to see how Horton does vs midland! Big measuring stick for both he and Donahugh. You think Horton can be the best ever from Belfry? He's so dominant!

If we are talking most successful from HS and beyond, maybe but he has some tough competition for those honors Rick Kestner, James Ramey and David Jones would likely rank as the top 3.

If you are only talking HS alone then he might be the most dominant Pirate defender to have worn the red and white. With another season and a half to go the sky is the limit for this young man.
BigMelon63 Wrote:I would love to see this kid from pond creek. Have you seen Kash play Gator?

I have several times, Rayqon Horton is the best player in EKY. Ask Ohio State, they're all over him. I watched him eat a 5 star tackels lunch last week.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Who I was referring to with the most dominant caveat. :Thumbs:

I still think Kash is a better prospect than even him though and also more valuable to his team. That is saying a lot when comparing to the msot dominant DLinemen to come out of EKY since Jeremy Caudill.

Caudill was a beast, I remember him playing Fullback for P-burg as well and he was a hard hitting machine when he blocked you...
AtlPirateFan Wrote:If we are talking most successful from HS and beyond, maybe but he has some tough competition for those honors Rick Kestner, James Ramey and David Jones would likely rank as the top 3.

If you are only talking HS alone then he might be the most dominant Pirate defender to have worn the red and white. With another season and a half to go the sky is the limit for this young man.
Talking just HS. He's the best I've seen there on Def and Hatfield was best FB I've watched anywhere in HS. Fuggate ️probably 2nd but played TB.
Gator95 Wrote:The best player in Eky plays up a little place called Pond Creek on the defensive line. Kid is an absolute freak and imo maybe the best overall defensive player in the whole state.

So you're saying the best player in Eastern Kentucky plays at Belfry? What's down right hilarious is that he actually lives in West Virginia. So in your the opinion the best player on our side of the state isn't even a resident of this state. I'm still shaking my head on that one. The best player in Eastern Kentucky is Quinton Baker. The college scouts have been after him his entire career at Ashland. He's definitely not a combine surprise like Daniels is. Daniels is a product of a great combine and playing horrible competition while racking up stats and this has been the story of his career. I'm sorry but the love affair of him has become a circus. He may me the most overhyped player in Kentucky for the last thirty years.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:So you're saying the best player in Eastern Kentucky plays at Belfry? What's down right hilarious is that he actually lives in West Virginia. So in your the opinion the best player on our side of the state isn't even a resident of this state. I'm still shaking my head on that one. The best player in Eastern Kentucky is Quinton Baker. The college scouts have been after him his entire career at Ashland. He's definitely not a combine surprise like Daniels is. Daniels is a product of a great combine and playing horrible competition while racking up stats and this has been the story of his career. I'm sorry but the love affair of him has become a circus. He may me the most overhyped player in Kentucky for the last thirty years.

We have yet another scout in out midst! :muscleman
Gator95 Wrote:Daric Pugh rushed for almost 150 yards against Painstville. Pugh is a beast. But you don't have 1 player from Pikeville Rush for 150 yards on your defense with the team captain and line backer an SEC player. I believe I watched Pugh get the better of him when they met head up a few times. Imagine what SEC backs will do. Like I said, I hope the kid dominates at UK. Just don't see it happening

He actually had 169 yards on 35 carries. I love the way Pugh plays and think he is a very good RB, but to say he got the best of Daniels, I would have to disagree.

Daniels had 23 tackles in that game, 14 solo. I agree with what EKU said in an earlier post. I don't think Kash will go in and be a superstar when he steps on campus. I also think he could possibly be redshirted, but the intangibles are there for him to be a good 4 year player.

Wish him and Pugh both the best at the next level.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:He actually had 169 yards on 35 carries. I love the way Pugh plays and think he is a very good RB, but to say he got the best of Daniels, I would have to disagree.

Daniels had 23 tackles in that game, 14 solo. I agree with what EKU said in an earlier post. I don't think Kash will go in and be a superstar when he steps on campus. I also think he could possibly be redshirted, but the intangibles are there for him to be a good 4 year player.

Wish him and Pugh both the best at the next level.

When did Pugh commit and where ? Congrats to him !
TigerBlues Wrote:When did Pugh commit and where ? Congrats to him !

He has not that I know of, but a person would think a team will come calling before long. Kid is a baller.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:He has not that I know of, but a person would think a team will come calling before long. Kid is a baller.

No doubt about that, I hope someone picks him up
TigerBlues Wrote:No doubt about that, I hope someone picks him up

I haven't seen him on any major radars. My guess is much like many Belfry players he will end up in NAIA or Division III school. He may get lucky and catch the eye of a D2 school but I doubt there is enough time for him to get on the radars and be recruited by any FCS schools let alone an FBS.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:So you're saying the best player in Eastern Kentucky plays at Belfry? What's down right hilarious is that he actually lives in West Virginia. So in your the opinion the best player on our side of the state isn't even a resident of this state. I'm still shaking my head on that one. The best player in Eastern Kentucky is Quinton Baker. The college scouts have been after him his entire career at Ashland. He's definitely not a combine surprise like Daniels is. Daniels is a product of a great combine and playing horrible competition while racking up stats and this has been the story of his career. I'm sorry but the love affair of him has become a circus. He may me the most overhyped player in Kentucky for the last thirty years.
Yeah, he's the best in Eky & he's going to Marshall lol. You must be some kind of idiot. Kids a good back don't get me wrong, but he's deff not the best player in EKY. That's clearly Horton & Daniels. You can keep up the talk of the border bullshit if you want. He plays in kentucky. That's all that matters. The best player in Eky plays at belfry and imo it's not close. He dominates everytime he plays. Major D1 offers as a sophomore and now a junior. Still has another year left. Quinton Baker.... Lol
The "best player in EKY" jus had 35 first half points hung on the defense he supposedly anchors.

At least the opposing team is from his home state. :biggrin:

Says one of the biggest morons on this site...Check his record out on his Ashland/JC yearly predictions...He's about 0 for 30 now!!
Tomcat pride you and your Tomcats might want to worry about those little Golden Eagles that you all have not beat in a long time. Yes Baker is a good player but he has not beat the eagles yet has he. A d1 player of his caliber should be able to get past JC at least once in his career.