•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Cabell-Midland 10/02
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I am a big fan of a gut check LOSS coming before the playoffs. Especially when riding a big win streak. Cabell Midland and Johnson Central are the two left on the schedule who can deliver that, with LC being a distant possibility.

Running the table and going undefeated is a difficult feat and more often than not an undefeated teams roll into the playoffs only to fall at some point. Belfry has experienced this at least three times (79, 07,08) that I can recall. I've seen it happen to Somerset, Mason Co, Bourbon Co, Wayne Co. South Warren and Breathitt Co and that is just within the last 5 years that I can recall. I just don't like those odds of being undefeated in the playoffs.

Speaking of odds the Pirates are trying to accomplish another tough task that grows more difficult each year statistically and that is play in consecutive state titles. The Pirates will appear in their 6th straight 3A State Title if they make it this year. This feat has only been accomplished or surpassed by the following 1A Mayfield 09 - 14, 1A Beechwood 91-97, 2A/3A Boyle Co 99-04, 4A/6A Trinity 05-12, 4A/5A Highlands 07-14. Great company to be in. All of those teams accomplished at least a 3-peat if not more during those runs.

This game will give you your gut check, I believe.
However, I still think Belfry will win this game. It will give the Pirates some good experience, and maybe even a come back game. It can do nothing to hurt and may help with a 3-peat!

AtlPirateFan Wrote:The last I remember was mid 90s maybe, they traveled to Matewan. I remember going to the game at Matewan with my dad. This may have even been early 90s before 0304 was born.

0304 was BORN??? I thought somebody put him together in a lab!
Confusednicker:
MCMiner247 Wrote:LOL. :dontthink

Gonna be a fun one on Friday Night.
Belfry folks, someone get into those stats and get us the all-time record of
Belfry Vs. WV Teams. I'm really curious on this.....I have the football history
for the Pirates Vs. Mingo County Schools but have always wondered
about the other records.....

By School:
Burch Vs. Belfry (2-3-1)
Gilbert Vs. Belfry (0-1)*
Kermit Vs. Belfry (0-0)
Liberty Vs. Belfry (0-0)
Matewan Vs. Belfry (11-22)**
Tug Valley Vs. Belfry (0-0)
Williamson Vs. Belfry (24-20-3)

Total-(37-46-4)-[87 Games Played]

*-Two Games have un-reported scores (1929,1931)
**-Two Games have un-reported scores (1927, 1928)
Most of what your findings are is fairly ancient and you seem to insinuate that the poster's comment about KY HS football being better than WV is not true. Any fairly objective person would look and see that the top tier teams in the KY classes would trounce most of the teams in similar classes in WV. The talent pool and population bases are much bigger in KY. Yes isolated historical numbers may support your argument but what happened 40 years ago and beyond is irrelevant to today's argument.
Question for Miner...when was Belfry's last loss to a Mingo County team?
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Maybe, hard to recall its been so long ago. I will have to ask my dad about it

Talking to dad he said he believes it was Man High during the 86 season.
and on their home turf !
I remember going to Logan once in the late 80's or early 90's to watch Belfry and the Logan Wildcats
I am thinking it was definitely the Man game......when Man beat Belfry something like 22-6 and then tried to start a fight. They busted all the windows out of Belfry's busses.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Talking to dad he said he believes it was Man High during the 86 season.

In 1986 Belfry beat Man 20 -0
Crossbones Wrote:In 1986 Belfry beat Man 20 -0

And the school bus was rocked before it could get out of the HS parking lot. In fact...we had a couple of kids hurt due to post game fight if I'm not mistaken.
The last wv I can remember belfry playing was Logan in 1992. We won like 30-0. They were not very good at winning football games. It seemed their biggest goal was to lay a big hit. They were pretty good at that. The game the poster is remembering going to matewan to see was a preseason gridiron. Matewan kickoff classic. The matewan national bank sponsored it and think we played in it 2 years. We mt hope, wv in 1992 in it. They had 2 running backs that were suppose to be all Americans. We made them look pretty bad
I don't know if this game should be played. Given that it looks like Belfry is going to be rocked, they should save our state the trouble.
WideRight05 Wrote:I don't know if this game should be played. Given that it looks like Belfry is going to be rocked, they should save our state the trouble.

rocked by twinkie nunchucks?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:And the school bus was rocked before it could get out of the HS parking lot. In fact...we had a couple of kids hurt due to post game fight if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, was on that bus. Remember the fight also. :argue:
pjdoug Wrote:rocked by twinkie nunchucks?

:lame: EKU is probably the most intelligent and honest poster on the boards and you've refer to him as lame and this is what you come up with. Again....:lame:
WideRight05 Wrote:I don't know if this game should be played. Given that it looks like Belfry is going to be rocked, they should save our state the trouble.

I honestly don't know if your trolling again or not, but that really did happen, but it was a long time ago and the hillbilly came out in all of us...LoL

If you are trolling, this year is not the best time to do it considering how Highlands is fairing, and for the record I hate to see them down and was looking forward to seeing them win a 5A title.
Crossbones Wrote::lame: EKU is probably the most intelligent and honest poster on the boards and you've refer to him as lame and this is what you come up with. Again....:lame:

being arrogant and typing a page full of BS doesn't make you intelligent.it makes you a :lame: a$$. wipe the brown off your nose with the cottonelle.
Being an ignorant troll that has never given one ounce of actual analysis of any game is pathetic. IMO you should face a permanent ban for such stupidity and downgrading of others and their teams. So don't be surprisec if you wake up one day and have no access to the site.
bucslover68 Wrote:Being an ignorant troll that has never given one ounce of actual analysis of any game is pathetic. IMO you should face a permanent ban for such stupidity and downgrading of others and their teams. So don't be surprisec if you wake up one day and have no access to the site.

good to see you finally admit that you are pathetic.not everybody worships you. are you going to ban me from this site because I dont agree with you? I guess I can still live if you do :happytear:
Barboursville 0-1
Bluefield 0-1
Burch 3-7
Credo-Kenova 1-3
Chapmanville 2-0
Iagear 1-0
Logan 2-0
Man 5-4-1
Matewan 20-5
Milton 0-1
Welch 1-1-2
Williamson 21-12-2
Belfry vs Wv. 56-35-5
These are from 1949-2014 Belfry Football History. From the program they sold this year.
pjdoug Wrote:good to see you finally admit that you are pathetic.not everybody worships you. are you going to ban me from this site because I dont agree with you? I guess I can still live if you do :happytear:

Read who is writing to you! Gees
MCMiner247 Wrote:LOL. :dontthink

Gonna be a fun one on Friday Night.
Belfry folks, someone get into those stats and get us the all-time record of
Belfry Vs. WV Teams. I'm really curious on this.....I have the football history
for the Pirates Vs. Mingo County Schools but have always wondered
about the other records.....

By School:
Burch Vs. Belfry (2-3-1)
Gilbert Vs. Belfry (0-1)*
Kermit Vs. Belfry (0-0)
Liberty Vs. Belfry (0-0)
Matewan Vs. Belfry (11-22)**
Tug Valley Vs. Belfry (0-0)
Williamson Vs. Belfry (24-20-3)

Total-(37-46-4)-[87 Games Played]

*-Two Games have un-reported scores (1929,1931)
**-Two Games have un-reported scores (1927, 1928)

Irrelevant, as most where before 1980.

What is CM's enrollment? Over 1500?

If so that would put them in 6A in Ky. playing the likes of Male, Trinity, and St. X. They would score on none of those teams.

WV. high school athletics is behind Kentucky by a mile, because of population and the WVSSAC has no vision.
Googled the size of CM"s student body and it"s listed about 1900.
bucslover68 Wrote:Question for Miner...when was Belfry's last loss to a Mingo County team?

Looks like it was:
October 10th 1975, Matewan won, 8-0 over Belfry at Vipperman Stadium.

As for this list posted above from the book, Im really curious where the research was done as I forwarded the info onto a friend who has compiled the entire wv football history (amazingly every school) and his was different. Just wondering where the folks found this info to put it in the book...

But, if we look at things at an overall perspective, rather since '49, things
look this way:

Belfry Vs. Barboursville 0-1
Belfry Vs. Bluefield 0-1
Belfry Vs. Burch 3-2-1
Belfry Vs. Ceredo-Kenova 1-3
Belfry Vs. Chapmanville 2-0
Belfry Vs. Iaegar 1-0
Belfry Vs. Logan 2-0
Belfry Vs. Man 5-4-1
Belfry Vs. Matewan 22-11
Belfry Vs. Milton 0-1
Belfry Vs. Welch 1-1-2
Belfry Vs. Williamson 20-24-3

So, Belfry Vs. WV Teams: (57-48-6) [111 Games, .513%]
pjdoug Wrote:good to see you finally admit that you are pathetic.not everybody worships you. are you going to ban me from this site because I dont agree with you? I guess I can still live if you do :happytear:

I will take a shot in the dark and say it would be more because you contribute nothing worthwhile to this site.
IronMan86 Wrote:I will take a shot in the dark and say it would be more because you contribute nothing worthwhile to this site.
I'm not here to entertain you,kid.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not here to entertain you,kid.

I've got your kid right here chump. Step out from behind the comfort of that keyboard, maybe come check out a game, and I'll be happy to accommodate you. Hell shoot me a PM I will buy your gas.
:thatsfunn oh lawd, this thread is full of bad bad men Confusednicker:
Pjdoug is giving me a run for my money when it comes to trolling Belfry.
WideRight05 Wrote:Pjdoug is giving me a run for my money when it comes to trolling Belfry.

You do at least have general knowledge of the game, and you do come from a fan base who has won. Unlike the little soft school down south that he is a fan of. And you can articulate your point by using words instead of emojis.
Wideright you are an elite level troll, don't you dare put Doug on your level. You also have had very good insight in many threads.

Doug has never had a single contribution to the site (that I have read) that isn't designed to insight. Most of the time he tries too hard and goes to a level of personal attacks that is uncalled for. Case in point see the post above where he refers to EKU as an as$wipe
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next