Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tilghman @ Caldwell Co. 9/25
Probably the 3A game of the year in the 270 area code. Caldwell is tough, with only a narrow season opening loss to 5A Christian County. Tilghman is its usual model of inconsistency and unpredictability. Capable of a lot, but struggles to sustain. If it was at home for PT - I would think its an even shot. But on the road, PT will struggle; and special teams play has been a mess. CC 24 PT 14.

Obviously opinions will differ. And Doug, we will have a special table of deserts and pastries available.
Tica Wrote:Probably the 3A game of the year in the 270 area code. Caldwell is tough, with only a narrow season opening loss to 5A Christian County. Tilghman is its usual model of inconsistency and unpredictability. Capable of a lot, but struggles to sustain. If it was at home for PT - I would think its an even shot. But on the road, PT will struggle; and special teams play has been a mess. CC 24 PT 14.

Obviously opinions will differ. And Doug, we will have a special table of deserts and pastries available.

I would like to attend lol
I'm going with Paducah Tilghman 28-14
I can never figure PT out. I'll go with Caldwell County by 8.
Caldwell County 49
Paducah Tilghman 28

:worthy:
It depends upon which Paducah team shows up. I think since the game is at Caldwell that the Tigers will win in a close one.
PT by 2 touchdowns. It will be won up front.
Pt 35-21
This is to close to call
It's hard to figure out Tilghman, the talent is there to be very good and Caldwell's defense is very underrated especially in the line and linebackers, should be a great game.
missthefield Wrote:It's hard to figure out Tilghman, the talent is there to be very good and Caldwell's defense is very underrated especially in the line and linebackers, should be a great game.

The same was said last year about Caldwells Defense being underrated till Murray went through it like a hot stick of butter.
PT 35 to 21
With Caldwell, the weakness is usually found at their offensive line. PT is always tough up front on defense. I think this is why PT will win this by a good margin.
This is the one game other than ours that I will be most interested in this week.
mysonis55 Wrote:With Caldwell, the weakness is usually found at their offensive line. PT is always tough up front on defense. I think this is why PT will win this by a good margin.

You sure you don't have family member playing for PT Mysonis55. I just knew you would picked PT. That's why I picked Caldwell County big. :mop::mop::mop:
I just know these two teams pretty well. Friday will be here soon.
Tilghman wins 24-21.
Caldwell Co
Tilghman began the year with a couple of kids injured and as far as I know they have returned. Receiver Jordan Prather has also hit his stride in mid-season.

As I said earlier, Tilghman is not a good enough team to give opponents easy touchdowns on special teams and they gave away another one last weekend to an otherwise mismatched opponent. PT has had numerous kicks blocked and has shown poor return coverage.

I would hate to see this game decided by a special teams lapse given the time PT has had to fix it. Shane Burns is for real and Tilghman will need to disrupt him to have a shot. Caldwell is the #1 scoring team in 3A. Their winning margin is about 23 ppg.

And Mayfield will get a taste of Caldwell Oct. 30 when they go to Princeton for the final regular season game of the year. That one should also be a treat.
Tica, your coaching staff as well as Mayfield's will see exactly what I'm telling here. They can't get the play off if they can't block. It is exactly how we beat them in 12 & 14. I expect PT to do the same.
mysonis55 Wrote:This is the one game other than ours that I will be most interested in this week.

are you interested in the stick or the butter?
pjdoug Wrote:are you interested in the stick or the butter?

mysonis55 Wrote:Tica, your coaching staff as well as Mayfield's will see exactly what I'm telling here. They can't get the play off if they can't block. It is exactly how we beat them in 12 & 14. I expect PT to do the same.

This has come up before, over the years you can't compare Mayfield and Caldwell's games with other teams, there have been years when I thought Caldwell could beat Mayfield and years where I thought Caldwell didn't have a chance and the total opposite happened, good example Sindelars sophomore year, Mayfield beat Caldwell bad and Caldwell was a lot better than they played that game, going on to State runner up and should have won that game. Another example is like Crittenden and Caldwell, Caldwell owns the series about like Mayfield owns the one with the tigers, the Rockets would play Mayfield tough and the Tigers would have no trouble with the Rockets, just something you can't explain. Mayfield has always been the toughest opponent for the Tigers, the Mayfield mystique comes in to play, the Tigers have been beaten so many times by them, they start thinking they can't beat them, I know I played. Mayfield has the best program in western Kentucky, just saying.
missthefield Wrote:This has come up before, over the years you can't compare Mayfield and Caldwell's games with other teams, there have been years when I thought Caldwell could beat Mayfield and years where I thought Caldwell didn't have a chance and the total opposite happened, good example Sindelars sophomore year, Mayfield beat Caldwell bad and Caldwell was a lot better than they played that game, going on to State runner up and should have won that game. Another example is like Crittenden and Caldwell, Caldwell owns the series about like Mayfield owns the one with the tigers, the Rockets would play Mayfield tough and the Tigers would have no trouble with the Rockets, just something you can't explain. Mayfield has always been the toughest opponent for the Tigers, the Mayfield mystique comes in to play, the Tigers have been beaten so many times by them, they start thinking they can't beat them, I know I played. Mayfield has the best program in western Kentucky, just saying.
:truestory:
PT gets it together in this game.

PT 28
Caldwell 20
It's the same old story, all about match-ups and being prepared. To beat Mayfield, Tilghman or most teams get them down early and you can beat them. In Mayfields case, doing it is another story. Good teams make breaks and get breaks because they are perceived as proficient and will most always get the close call by officials.
missthefield Wrote:This has come up before, over the years you can't compare Mayfield and Caldwell's games with other teams, there have been years when I thought Caldwell could beat Mayfield and years where I thought Caldwell didn't have a chance and the total opposite happened, good example Sindelars sophomore year, Mayfield beat Caldwell bad and Caldwell was a lot better than they played that game, going on to State runner up and should have won that game. Another example is like Crittenden and Caldwell, Caldwell owns the series about like Mayfield owns the one with the tigers, the Rockets would play Mayfield tough and the Tigers would have no trouble with the Rockets, just something you can't explain. Mayfield has always been the toughest opponent for the Tigers, the Mayfield mystique comes in to play, the Tigers have been beaten so many times by them, they start thinking they can't beat them, I know I played. Mayfield has the best program in western Kentucky, just saying.

The old Mayfield mystique, and it being a mental thing where they have it in there head, and think they cant beat them thing. Ive heard this on here, and from Caldwell coworkers many times. Ill tell you what I tell them. Quit being mentally weak. I really am starting to think Caldwell County fans think there program is as good as Mayfield, so they use this excuse when they lose. Ive heard it straight out there fans mouth more than once "we are just as good as them but its mental, they don't think they can beat Mayfield" If this is the case explain how they beat Mayfield in 2013. Seems to throw that out the window when they win 1. Also explain why they lost the next year after returning almost the entire team, and Mayfield losing everyone, and starting a bunch of sophmores. How could it be mental in 2014 when your team is better than the previous year, and Mayfield not quite as strong, and you beat them the previous year. I guess that means 2013 was just a fluke.
Ease up killbilly usmc, I don't know you and don't know who you work with and have never said Caldwell's program is as good as Mayfield's, in fact have really talked highly of Mayfield. I remember some of your post from the past saying you couldn't stand Caldwell and really didn't understand that cause Mayfield has a commanding lead in the series, don't let a co worker make you hate a school just because you can't stand them, if you want to talk smack about a school, talk about Hoptown or Danville they have a great tradition and lead Mayfield head to head if I'm not mistaken, Hoptown leads Caldwell in our series too but I don't hate them because of some radical fans. Caldwell has a good tradition in football and a winning record over most of the teams we have played over the years, with the exception of a few and most of those are bigger schools.
Caldwell has became the team I love to hate. Its not 1 fan its quite a few. Im not even from Mayfield, and when I did live there I had to move out quick, but Caldwell fans has helped fueled my love for Mayfield football. Short way to put it is when Caldwell wins they beat there chest, and hug the coach on the sidelines almost in tears(I actually seen this in 2013). Before they play when both are good I hear it means a lot to the players if they can beat Mayfield its a way for them to prove how good they are. When they lose the story changes to well it doesn't mean nothing to them that's why they lost(heard this last year after the loss from someone who before the game said how big a game it was for Caldwell). This person was very irate saying they wish they would take them off the schedule cause Mayfield is dirty, cocky the coach is an ace hole etc., etc. Personally I don't see it as a rivalry since Mayfield has Tilghman, Graves, Murray, McCracken all which are really good most years. I think its just another game for Mayfield. For Caldwell I would say its a huge game kinda like when any team plays UK in basketball there is a bullseye on there back. Caldwells 2 rivals Trigg, and Crittenden are mediocre most years so the Mayfield game is there big statement game that is till they lose then the its a mental thing, or the game doesn't mean much to them stuff starts flying. I hear it every year from multiple people. There are a couple cool ones from Caldwell that don't do this, but most of them do.
I really pull for Caldwell hard in the playoffs. I want them to succeed. I have posted many times in the past about that. Last year was a year where I didnt, simply because I was there for the 7 on 7 before season started and saw how arrogant they acted but, that is usually not the case with Caldwell. I just know their weakness, just as our coaching staff picks it up. All the slinging the ball around hides it with most teams. I also know that weakness plays right into the hands of the very strength of PT. That is why I pick PT in this one. I can tell you this, I really hate that this two are in the same district now. The reason is, I will only be able to pull for one of them in the playoffs.
Why are Mayfield people hijacking this thread???

And Caldwell has the mental complex?

I know this, no Mayfield fan is as obsessed with Caldwell as Mysonis55.