•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 23 Pikeville 22 (OT)
killbilly usmc Wrote:If you want to be take serious you should never mention the name of the weak as pond water, mediocre at best team that's the little whore stepbrother of Alabama. ROLL TIDE!!!!!

I'm considering suing you for the overuse of my quote .
pjdoug Wrote:I'm considering suing you for the overuse of my quote .

Ill come up with my own. Whitley County is weak as a warm snow cone.
^^
WHO has peed in your Cheerios??

geez
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
WHO has peed in your Cheerios??

geez

As usual you in someones business. Inside joke between me and pj thanks for your concern.
You are more than welcome!
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ill come up with my own. Whitley County is weak as a warm snow cone.

sadly, I cant disagree:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I dont care for the showboating either.

His reaction was just raw, spontaneous emotion...no showboating or showing anybody up ( by any stretch). He is as respectful as any kid who has ever played the game.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:His reaction was just raw, spontaneous emotion...no showboating or showing anybody up ( by any stretch). He is as respectful as any kid who has ever played the game.

I didn't intend to single this kid out,I was just speaking in general...seems like there were a lot of good kids playing the game with sportsmanship.
A game this tight breeds raw emotion. Hard hits, bruised bodies and often egos. I thought Kash reacted spontaneously. Didnt seem like he went looking for the camera, i think if it were anyone of us standing there, he'd have got right up in our face and said the same thing. I love the fire that kid has.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:A game this tight breeds raw emotion. Hard hits, bruised bodies and often egos. I thought Kash reacted spontaneously. Didnt seem like he went looking for the camera, i think if it were anyone of us standing there, he'd have got right up in our face and said the same thing. I love the fire that kid has.

No doubt...people moaning about that are just looking for something to complain about.
Kids react in different ways. I know my son is soft spoken and shows little emotion. But he plays very intense.
The kid is a teenager who just made the game winning play in an electric game after a comeback.

Cut him some slack when a camera was seeking him out.
Hate to hear Phelps went out he's a great kid hope he gets back out there quick!
Paintsville showed the state they are a real player to make it to the carpet.
This was a nice win for Paintsville, but I'm afraid they will have to do it again to advance in the playoffs.
School Admin. Wrote:This was a nice win for Paintsville, but I'm afraid they will have to do it again to advance in the playoffs.

I dont see them doing it again.
I find it amusing that everyone is arguing about which of these teams will make it to the state title game when neither of these teams can beat Raceland. In fact, Kash Daniel led Paintsville teams haven't even come close to Raceland, losing by 30 or more multiple times. What makes this year any different?
If Paintsville developes a passing game it's over! They just beat a Pikeville team that's waited 300+days to crush them! They did it without one of the better backs around for 2+ quarters. Take Pugh off Pikeville's team I don't see them coming back like Paintsville did without Phelps. That's a credit to Paintsville's off season training. They've got to figure out how to get the ball in Trimbles hands more. He's one of the better playmakers in the area. 0 touches in regional championship, 1 carry for long TD in scrimmage, 1 touch Fri night. If they get him involved creating a 3 headed monster look out! He's been behind his guy deep almost every time he's run a route.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I find it amusing that everyone is arguing about which of these teams will make it to the state title game when neither of these teams can beat Raceland. In fact, Kash Daniel led Paintsville teams haven't even come close to Raceland, losing by 30 or more multiple times. What makes this year any different?
I'll bite. Here is the deal. After watching Raceland struggle to beat West Carter in not sure anybody can put Raceland in the same category as Paintsville and PIkeville. Raceland lost a lot I graduation and it is showing up on the field. Paintsville and Pikeville, however, may be better than they were last year. This Raceland team, hasn't beaten anybody by 30 points much less THIS Kash Daniel led Paintsville team.
I'm sorry... I should have said beating East Carter by 30 is a little different than beating this Paintsville team by 30.
School Admin. Wrote:This was a nice win for Paintsville, but I'm afraid they will have to do it again to advance in the playoffs.

I predicted a OT win for Paintsville in this one. If they meet again Paintsville by 10.
Ive watched this game 3 times now. Once from start to finish, second focusing on offenses, second looking at defenses and special teams. Here is what I have come up with:

These are two hardnosed, downhill, old school football teams. They play good defense, hit well, and each have a few workhorse players. But, I didnt see anything offensively that would put them leaps and bounds ahead of Raceland. Pugh has lit up scoreboards and put up outrages numbers in his first two games, that wasnt the case against Paintsville. Paintsville has done what they wanted running the ball, then they lose Phelps and Kash is all thats left (that they utilize on a regular basis). When I look at these two teams I see two great defenses that can keep their teams in ball games. Offensively, I see one demension with no answer when that demension is slowed down. Like I said these are TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS and deservingly, should and will be ranked over the Rams, but they arent that far ahead, imo.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Paintsville showed the state they are a real player to make it to the carpet.

Paintsville is a good football team. And they won. But they scored on opening drive and didn't score again till late in 4th. To say they are the "real player" to make it to the carpet. ... They very well might to do it but imo we play this game 10 times Pikeville wins 9 of them. They will clean up their mistakes and different ball game.
Chadrick124 Wrote:Paintsville is a good football team. And they won. But they scored on opening drive and didn't score again till late in 4th. To say they are the "real player" to make it to the carpet. ... They very well might to do it but imo we play this game 10 times Pikeville wins 9 of them. They will clean up their mistakes and different ball game.

Your math is alittle skewed. Paintsville has beaten Pikeville the last 2 times they played. How are you coming up with Pikeville being able to beat them 9 out of 10 times when Paintsville is 2 for 2.
Tiger fan & first game to attend in a few years but after watching Friday night my observation Panthers are the quicker team and Tigers were bigger & stronger up
front, would change the offense if I'm Paintsville coach and pound the inside with a lead blocker against these class A opponents. Got lucky this game that Pikeville turned the ball
over a couple of times but Panthers are a quicker team overall and if these two meet again
Tigers need to control time of passion as Pikeville won this game between the 20's but couldn't keep the Kash from cashing in!
doubledown Wrote:Tiger fan & first game to attend in a few years but after watching Friday night my observation Panthers are the quicker team and Tigers were bigger & stronger up
front, would change the offense if I'm Paintsville coach and pound the inside with a lead blocker against these class A opponents. Got lucky this game that Pikeville turned the ball
over a couple of times but Panthers are a quicker team overall and if these two meet again
Tigers need to control time of passion as Pikeville won this game between the 20's but couldn't keep the Kash from cashing in!
meant possession not passion.
hopefully won't get bashed
nekysportsfan Wrote:I find it amusing that everyone is arguing about which of these teams will make it to the state title game when neither of these teams can beat Raceland. In fact, Kash Daniel led Paintsville teams haven't even come close to Raceland, losing by 30 or more multiple times. What makes this year any different?

and Raceland can't beat Williamsburg:biggrin:
doubledown Wrote:Tiger fan & first game to attend in a few years but after watching Friday night my observation Panthers are the quicker team and Tigers were bigger & stronger up

killbilly usmc Wrote:Your math is alittle skewed. Paintsville has beaten Pikeville the last 2 times they played. How are you coming up with Pikeville being able to beat them 9 out of 10 times when Paintsville is 2 for 2.

I'm talking the 2 teams I saw on field Friday night . If we want to go back in time lets do that ... But I doubt u want to do that ...
Chadrick124 Wrote:I'm talking the 2 teams I saw on field Friday night . If we want to go back in time lets do that ... But I doubt u want to do that ...

Just admit It. Pikeville keeps getting to much credit, and billed as the best team in the east in 1a. Time, and time again its proven otherwise. If they keep playing Paintsville they will eventually win one, so hang in there.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next