Poll: Who wins Ashland or Raceland
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
67.39%
Raceland
32.61%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Raceland @ #4 Ashland 8/28
[quote=Do-double-gg][Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...zer-ky.gif] 49

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...and-ky.gif] 31[/

Hmm that's the very same helmets they use in the Ashland paper
Truth Wrote:You aren't serious, are you? These are two schools whose fans always blow a lot of smoke in August but, by late November, reality has arrived and their attention turns to basketball. Ashland is now saved from its annual humiliation by FTH or CovCath but Johnson Central and a few others still remain in Class 4A.

I suppose a traditionally mediocre Class 4A team, at home, can beat an above average Class 1A team. However, that isn't really impressive, is it?

Exactly!!
Ashland by 21
Guess all that can be said has been said lol....
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Guess all that can be said has been said lol....

T-CATS may have jumped the gun a little. This is what happens when your team has championship aspirations and a bye in Week 0. People get anxious, prediction threads go up two weeks before the game, lol.

Seriously, next weekend needs to get here quickly. This game is going to be huge, plus I need to see what the Devils have this year.
I hear ya! I plan on doing the exact same thing.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Go troll somewhere else

Truth trumps fantasy. Reality can be harsh.
Truth Wrote:Truth trumps fantasy. Reality can be harsh.

And you can't fix stupd so I won't try and help you
Now hearing Dowdy will start who knows guess we will find out in a 4 days.
Who ever it is, with the backfield the Tomcats have, they should just have to handle to snap cleanly, dont get in the way with their foot work and make good decisions on passes. Any chances Ashland uses Baker, Brown, and Thomas (i will hence forth refer to them as the "the firm" lol), in the passing game? Would think they woukd try to use their speed to get behind the defense in the playaction attack.
If I was coaching I would split a least one out as a WR on every play.
You need Top Secret Cleareance to find out any info on the starter.:insane:
Guessing you could see all 3 get snaps!!
Is it Friday yet.:HitWall:
Just my two cents.... Unless Ratliff is considerably better than Dowdy or Roberts, I'd go with one of the older kids. This is a huge early season game and the atmosphere at Putnam should be electric. It might be asking too much to throw a freshman into the middle of all that if you don't have to.
samson81 Wrote:Just my two cents.... Unless Ratliff is considerably better than Dowdy or Roberts, I'd go with one of the older kids. This is a huge early season game and the atmosphere at Putnam should be electric. It might be asking too much to throw a freshman into the middle of all that if you don't have to.

Totally agree and think the Ashland coaches will do just that and start dowdy
If Ashland is starting the freshman at QB they could be in trouble. That's not a good sign.
T-CATS Wrote:Is it Friday yet.:HitWall:

Sleepover at the little buddies house with Chiller Theater, popcorn and lemonade?
Raceland must sustain drives and not blow redzone opportunities, limit turnovers. Limit big plays defensively, "the firm" can break one or two big runs, but i dont think we can afford getting into a shoot out. Both teams looking to make a statement. Cant wait to watch this ball game. As a football fan, no better game in the area this weekend.
Come on guys
Lets not start that crap. I cant see Q's dad letting something like that happen.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Lets not start that crap. I cant see Q's dad letting something like that happen.

Yeah, let that go. If something happened, let Ashland deal with it. No one else's business.

I personally hope their full roster and full strength so we can guage what kinda team we really have.

GO RAMS ! ! ! !
Looks like a good possibility for a 1a game of the week.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Lets not start that crap. I cant see Q's dad letting something like that happen.

Heard nothing about stealing wallets lol but 100% know he was fighting but with that being said really hope he plays . To quote Rick flair to be the man you have to beat the man and a win against Ashland without #5 wouldn't feel as good as if he was playing
I agree. Either way, I hope its untrue.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree. Either way, I hope its untrue.

When it comes to a fight, it takes two parties and there's no way of knowing the circumstances unless you were there, we all have a a lapse in judgment from time to time. The stealing wallets thing is what I hope and pray is untrue.
Like I said, if there was a fight, it is what it is. I hope that if he has been suspended he learns quickly from the mistske and it doesnt impeed on his future. I have met his dad a handful of times during the JFL/Jr High years and I can almost gaurantee that punishment from the school was far from the only discipline he recieved. I can remember his dad saying, "win with class and lose with class" and "act like you've won before". His dad always seemed to put his best foot foward and Ive personally never seen anything but sportsmanship and respectfulness on and off the field and/or sideline from the Bakers. Hope all of this is resolved and he suits up on Friday.

If Ashland has good line play to protect their qb and open up holes for those in the backfield, they should more than give us an idea of where we stand at this point to prepare us for tougher games ahead.

With Williamsburg being seemingly in rebuilding mode and Frankfort losing Robinson, Idk if anyone else in our district will face anyone as good as Ashland, possibly Paintsville's match up with Pikeville, but that is TBD. Hope we get Ashland at full strength, well as full strength as anyone csn be at this point in the season.
Rams by eleventy billion!
nekysportsfan Wrote:The more I keep hearing about the turmoil at Ashland, the more I think Raceland might have a chance in this game.

Ashland apparently has 3 QB's contending for the spot, one being a coach's son and another being a freshman transfer who is the grandson of the baseball coach, and they've yet to name a starter. As the old saying goes, if you don't have a clear cut QB, then you don't really have a good QB at all.

Couple that with the baggage of taking on the troubled Fairview transfers. Brown and Thomas are talents for sure, but who knows how that situation will turn out.

Now add to that the fact that Ashland's star player is apparently headed down the wrong path as well by getting into fights with another team at a scrimmage game he wasn't even a part of. Sounds like someone needs to remind him that Marshall isn't likely to put up with thugs given the history of their players getting in trouble with the law. He could be one cell phone video away from losing his scholarship and changing his life forever.

Ashland should win this game with the talent they have. However, it sounds like the coaches have quite a few issues on their hands. It sounds to me like a team that could easily implode the first time they face some adversity on the field. Raceland may win.
This is precisely why ram1998 needs to retract his slanderous/defamatory statement about wallets. The irresponsibility if it is astounding. People have now given it credence which is precisely why such statements are actionable. This may be a case in which I am interested in taking myself on a pro bono basis if asked to do so. Ram1998, it is evident that you have no clue what you have done or the potential trouble you have created in a cheap effort to be funny or elicit some discussion in this social media site. Take the post down or retract it immediately. NeKysportsfan, please ignore the tripe that was posted by ram1998. There is zero excuse for such behavior.
This site always allows more grace than the other site. Lets keep in mind though, that these are still kids, and please, lets try to keep things focused on the ball game. QB discussions, stopping Baker, Raceland's focus and special teams, etc. lets keep things civil.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next