Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Whitley County 14
Final.
Pretty much how I thought it would go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
From what I heard if it wasn't for the home cooking Whitley was getting I would have been a running clock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Haddix just flat out coached coach whitley tonight. His game plan worked to perfection. He played keep away long enough to hold whitley and then by the time they got some momentum whitleys defense was gassed. They need more players as usual. Whitley really doesn't have a power back to keep them honest. That 4th down td pass killed them when it was 21 to 14.*
Corbin looked good. Little sketchy at first but they settled in nicely.*
Hell of a crowd there. Good night for a ball game.

This was a 21 to 14 ball game mid way threw the third and Whitley had corbin held to a 4th and goal from about 15 out. After they got the score there it was over. Corbin rotating players in wore whitley down. Would have liked to see Whitleys running backs that transferred play in this one. They needed some power.
panther nation Wrote:From what I heard if it wasn't for the home cooking Whitley was getting I would have been a running clock.

I didn't see any. There were a couple personal fouls on Corbin but they were legit. I was right there.
Someone needs to check on Gut & pjdoug and make sure they are ok. I'm sure their shell shocked Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
0-1
Corbin played a very solid game tonight. They dominated up front and controlled the game. Sizemore did a great job captaining the ship.
At least there was a record crowd!
Think my prediction was 35-14... But, I should've been wrong tho. Score should've been 49-14.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I didn't see any. There were a couple personal fouls on Corbin but they were legit. I was right there.

Corbin had way too many penalties, need to clean that up or it will cost them a game somewhere down the road.
Exactly like I thought. Great gate. I hope Whitley can keep this series competitive, it would be great money maker for both schools.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin played a very solid game tonight. They dominated up front and controlled the game. Sizemore did a great job captaining the ship.

I agree, Corbin's offensive line was good tonight, Corbin had 2 backs with more than 100 yds. each and Sizemore had about 80, and as a team rushed for almost 400 yds.
RIUTG--- the officiating was terrible... Whitley had 2-3 men in motion and were offsides/moving on offense virtually 1/2 the plays. Also, the horse collar stuff was not accurate.. Anyways, the hounds pulled thru and got the W. Sizemore played a helluva game minus a few fumbles. The line was dominating on both sides of the ball. Woods was slowed way down.

PJ--- don't you have anything to say about Greer now?

The rest of the season I will be able to say Go Whitley, and Go Hounds!! #HHH15
bcpc Wrote:RIUTG--- the officiating was terrible... Whitley had 2-3 men in motion and were offsides/moving on offense virtually 1/2 the plays. Also, the horse collar stuff was not accurate.. Anyways, the hounds pulled thru and got the W. Sizemore played a helluva game minus a few fumbles. The line was dominating on both sides of the ball. Woods was slowed way down.

PJ--- don't you have anything to say about Greer now?

The rest of the season I will be able to say Go Whitley, and Go Hounds!! #HHH15

The last thing im going to do is get into an officiating argument after a great atmosphere like that. I didn't see all the call obviously, but the first horse collar and first two personal fouls were legit. It was Corbin being hyped up and needing to settle down. It wasn't that there uncontrollable. They'll correct those issues.

Sizemore looked like a sophomore on that first drive and Whitley didn't take advantage of it. They should have popped him a few good times on his runs and get him shaken up. But Corbins line and backs did a great job of containing and the rest of the game he looked very composed and more so once he gained confidence. I think he'll be better than the other one that was at Wburg. Has a lot better frame. I would imagine Haddix will start opening up that offense more once he gets a little more comfortable.
The Jewell and Carter kids did a great job running the ball and both of Corbins lines did very well, especially once Whitley started becoming gassed.

Ill be rooting for Corbin the rest of this year. If Sizemore continues to improve and they become a little more balanced on offense, there is no reason they cant be playing Belfry in the semis.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin played a very solid game tonight. They dominated up front and controlled the game. Sizemore did a great job captaining the ship.

As I said in the prediction thread, it was going to be a game decided by the lines and Corbin just had more tonight. I think Whitley held there own into the 3rd quarter and you could tell the difference in conditioning and snaps played. And I agree on Sizemore. Once he settled in after those first couple of fumbles on that first drive he really did well the rest of the game.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin had way too many penalties, need to clean that up or it will cost them a game somewhere down the road.

I expected to see more than I did, but it was a very clean game IMO. I didn't stay for the last 6 minutes of the game, and if everything was fine after that, it was a great night all around. Not one time did I see any sort of fighting or dirty stuff. The personal fouls I seen Corbin get were mostly accidental late hits or them blocking until after the whistle.
I was very impressed on how I seen every Corbin lineman block, or attempt to block at least until the whistle. You can tell that has been drilled in there head.
insideinfo Wrote:Exactly like I thought. Great gate. I hope Whitley can keep this series competitive, it would be great money maker for both schools.

Definitely an attendance record for both schools I would imagine.
The shot they had on sports overtime of the drone flying over head was great.

Id love to see a longer replay of those views. Whitley County was definitely the best looking place I seen on there. Crowd looks huge. It was actually bigger than what you could see as people were still trying to file in.
panther nation Wrote:From what I heard if it wasn't for the home cooking Whitley was getting I would have been a running clock.

:lame::lame::lame::lame:
pjdoug Wrote::lame::lame::lame::lame:

sure hope Corbin gives Sizemore a chance:hilarious::hilarious:
panther nation Wrote:Someone needs to check on Gut & pjdoug and make sure they are ok. I'm sure their shell shocked Confusednicker:

I'm just fine. proud of my Colonels effort and congratulations to the Hounds. I saw where your team rolled over the might East Ridge team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Definitely an attendance record for both schools I would imagine.
The shot they had on sports overtime of the drone flying over head was great.

Id love to see a longer replay of those views. Whitley County was definitely the best looking place I seen on there. Crowd looks huge. It was actually bigger than what you could see as people were still trying to file in.

Well at least you can brag on the crowd:hilarious::hilarious:
is it true that hard to beat or should we say hard to find jumped off the big bridge coming back from lexington
pjdoug Wrote:I'm just fine. proud of my Colonels effort and congratulations to the Hounds. I saw where your team rolled over the might East Ridge team.

0-1.
Lilly Wrote:0-1.

Lilly you tried to tell them but they would not listen:biglmao::biglmao::Cheerlead:Clap::hilarious:
I will tell them many more times cherokee.....
cherokee Wrote:Lilly you tried to tell them but they would not listen:biglmao::biglmao::Cheerlead:Clap::hilarious:

:oooo:
cherokee Wrote:Well at least you can brag on the crowd:hilarious::hilarious:

And this is why its almost impossible to root for you and yours. But unlike some others, ill always show a little class after a win or loss. You could learn from it.

Thank God from what I can tell you are a small percentage of those I seen there tonight. I had a lot of fun.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And this is why its almost impossible to root for you and yours. But unlike some others, ill always show a little class after a win or loss. You could learn from it.

Thank God from what I can tell you are a small percentage of those I seen there tonight. I had a lot of fun.

Well said. :Thumbs:
I bet it was rocking at Colonel stadium .. Great place to play..
Greer is a great defensive coach!!