Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley Co.
43.33%
Corbin
56.67%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Corbin @ Whitley County 8/21
The Outsider Wrote:Corbin is going to rush 4 & drop everybody else back in the zone with 1 linebacker keying on the qb run. They dont feel that whitley county can move it consistent enough to beat them unless they gamble on defense.

thats what they need to do:biggrin:
BluegrassCat Wrote:If they send 6 every play they will get burned!!!

If they do send 6 player every play I might be able to make it to LCA and watched Williamsburg play in the second half. :yikes::yikes::yikes:
64SUR Wrote:Remember my predictions pjdoug..Confusedmoke: Running Clock

I dont care about your predictions :truestory:
HighViz Wrote:I have watched Woods play, he is without a doubt the best athlete that will step on the Field Friday. But, I just don't think they are near as deep as Corbin. I think like the other posters above said, I think Corbin will line up and control the ball atleast the first half. Second half they will still be fresh and Whitleys guys will be gassed from playing both ways. Will be close at first, then Corbin pulls away in the 3rd qtr. Hopefully the hounds send atleast 6 every play! They need Woods nervous.

Woods doesn't know what nervous is Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:If they do send 6 player every play I might be able to make it to LCA and watched Williamsburg play in the second half. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

mights are on a chicken's a$$
HighViz Wrote:I have watched Woods play, he is without a doubt the best athlete that will step on the Field Friday. But, I just don't think they are near as deep as Corbin. I think like the other posters above said, I think Corbin will line up and control the ball atleast the first half. Second half they will still be fresh and Whitleys guys will be gassed from playing both ways. Will be close at first, then Corbin pulls away in the 3rd qtr. Hopefully the hounds send atleast 6 every play! They need Woods nervous.

That would be the route I would want to go if I were Corbin but if your playing power football and running clock, you cant gas any well conditioned team no matter how many players are playing both ways. Your pretty much giving them breaks in between plays.

I don't think Woods would get nervous if he threw 6 Interceptions in the first quarter, but I do think Corbin's QB will be. This is a big time game and environment to step into your first varsity start. Whitley needs to get him tore up early.
pjdoug Wrote:mights are on a chicken's a$$

Cmon, give 64 a break.
Im sure he meant if Corbin sends 6 every time, Whitley will score so often the running clock will be winding in the second half.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cmon, give 64 a break.
Im sure he meant if Corbin sends 6 every time, Whitley will score so often the running clock will be winding in the second half.

I meant what I meant just ask pjdoug. :Sad04:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That would be the route I would want to go if I were Corbin but if your playing power football and running clock, you cant gas any well conditioned team no matter how many players are playing both ways. Your pretty much giving them breaks in between plays.

I don't think Woods would get nervous if he threw 6 Interceptions in the first quarter, but I do think Corbin's QB will be. This is a big time game and environment to step into your first varsity start. Whitley needs to get him tore up early.

I hope to see Whitley get them into 3rd and long situations.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cmon, give 64 a break.

is that what he meant? he talks out his a$$ and has diarreah of the mouth so he can be hard to understand.
Corbin
Woods won't be nervous, if Corbin can't get to him he will pick that young secondary apart. Don't forget this kid is a duel threat. Can WC defense stop Corbin is my question, Cotton will have those boys ready. Go Colonels :Cheerlead
Demarcus ware Wrote:Woods won't be nervous, if Corbin can't get to him he will pick that young secondary apart. Don't forget this kid is a duel threat. Can WC defense stop Corbin is my question, Cotton will have those boys ready. Go Colonels :Cheerlead

Whitley County slowing Corbin's running game down will be the key to this game. I think Cotton could be a huge factor in this one Smile
While Cotton is a great coach with 2 to 3 RINGS the problem with Whitley is LB'er play and Dave Mitchell is one of the great coaches with them guys. Whitley's problem last year is they had little to no one who would fill a gap and this year they have grown up and have multiple guys who will. Whitley will sell out on the run and make the young Sizemore beat them with the pass. With the experience Whitley will get a couple of INT's and win in the end. Close game. If Whitley's D has to play most of the game like norm
then they will lose. Cam not run fast pace and hold good teams down. Don't care how good you are if you play D most of the time your giving up points. That being said 28 Corbin 34 Whitley. If Whitley don't get to 34 they lose.
I was told Leslie County was going to be the big surprise of eastern kentucky this year. Playing Corbn tough no fluke. Corbin rolls in this game Corbin 38 Whitley 18
28-12 Corbin
hoghead Wrote:I was told Leslie County was going to be the big surprise of eastern kentucky this year. Playing Corbn tough no fluke. Corbin rolls in this game Corbin 38 Whitley 18

I've heard the same thing about Leslie County.

I know the scrimmage games are really no indication; however, Corbin didn't perform anywhere close to what I was expecting last week.

This game will show me a lot, I think.
I personally think this is going to be a good close game - I think both teams will get up for the challenge and you will see some of the best football in the area at this game! I am not so sure that Whitley won't give them all they want and then some and may well come out on top when the final whistle blows. That's my feeling about this match up!
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County slowing Corbin's running game down will be the key to this game. I think Cotton could be a huge factor in this one Smile

I don't expect that Corbin will throw the ball too much, mainly because they won't have to. I believe that Carter and Jewell will have big games against the Colonels running the ball, then add Sizemore's running ability into the mix and the Redhounds will play keep away from the Whitley offense. Penalties and other miscues could put Corbin behind the down marker and force them into throwing more, but that shoud be ok as well.

As others have said, the key to stopping the Colonel offense is containing Woods, who is not only a passing threat, but was Whitley Co.'s leading rusher last year. Heck, he may try and throw to himself as well.:popcorn:
Turnovers could determine the outcome of this one.
The biggest key to this game is buying some extra bleachers so everybody isn't standing along my spot on the fence.
^^^ That visitors side won't take but a few minutes to fill up, definitely need more seats for this game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The biggest key to this game is buying some extra bleachers so everybody isn't standing along my spot on the fence.

Gut you are going to have to arrive early to beat me to that spot on the fence..:popcorn:
OldJacket Wrote:Gut you are going to have to arrive early to beat me to that spot on the fence..:popcorn:

I'm hoping coach Haddix let's me be the ball Friday night. :beg:
Pumped for this Game! Is it Friday Yet?!?! I'm starting to think like 64.... Hounds with a running clock!
OldJacket Wrote:Gut you are going to have to arrive early to beat me to that spot on the fence..:popcorn:

I'd share with everyone where that spot is but 64 can see our post Confusednicker:
PJDOUG the time is drawing near to the start of what is the most anticipated season in the history of High School football. Just a little reminder that I remember all the talk both by myself and the others.........
Colonel Wrote:While Cotton is a great coach with 2 to 3 RINGS the problem with Whitley is LB'er play and Dave Mitchell is one of the great coaches with them guys. Whitley's problem last year is they had little to no one who would fill a gap and this year they have grown up and have multiple guys who will. Whitley will sell out on the run and make the young Sizemore beat them with the pass. With the experience Whitley will get a couple of INT's and win in the end. Close game. If Whitley's D has to play most of the game like norm
then they will lose. Cam not run fast pace and hold good teams down. Don't care how good you are if you play D most of the time your giving up points. That being said 28 Corbin 34 Whitley. If Whitley don't get to 34 they lose.

:pondering:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The biggest key to this game is buying some extra bleachers so everybody isn't standing along my spot on the fence.

I'll have to come early and reserve a spot to stand in.

I'll have your spotConfusednicker:
You two talking about your "spots" are starting to remind me of Sheldon Cooper!!

Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next