Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley Co.
43.33%
Corbin
56.67%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Corbin @ Whitley County 8/21
^
I hope so.

All depends on the Oline for Whitley IMHO. Same goes for Corbins D-backs.

Those are the two biggest things in this game.
Corbin 34 Whitley County 18 :Thumbs:
That score sounds a lot more like it. ^
Roll Colonels!
I don't know a lot about either team, but I do know the Redhounds have one heck of a Coach in Haddix. So with that being said, I like Corbin by one touchdown in very competitive game. Good luck to Corbin and Coach Haddix on the upcoming season.
I'm having a hard time why everybody is picking this game close. :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:I'm having a hard time why everybody is picking this game close. :HitWall:

:Shaking:
64SUR Wrote:I'm having a hard time why everybody is picking this game close. :HitWall:

Here are 14 reasons(Corbin starters who graduated) I see a close game.

1. Anderson - LB
2. Coppock - RB
3. Eaton - OL
4. Farris - OL
5. Hopper - WR
6. Ingle - OL
7. Moore - OL
8. Nantz - RB
9. ONeil - DB
10. Powers - LB
11. Razmus - DB
12. H Reedy - DB
13. W. Reedy - DB
14. Taylor - QB
SEKYFAN Wrote:Here are 14 reasons(Corbin starters who graduated) I see a close game.

1. Anderson - LB
2. Coppock - RB
3. Eaton - OL
4. Farris - OL
5. Hopper - WR
6. Ingle - OL
7. Moore - OL
8. Nantz - RB
9. ONeil - DB
10. Powers - LB
11. Razmus - DB
12. H Reedy - DB
13. W. Reedy - DB
14. Taylor - QB

Whitley County is not yet up to the level that they want to be,but you can bet they will come to play.
Go Corbin.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Here are 14 reasons(Corbin starters who graduated) I see a close game.

1. Anderson - LB
2. Coppock - RB
3. Eaton - OL
4. Farris - OL
5. Hopper - WR
6. Ingle - OL
7. Moore - OL
8. Nantz - RB
9. ONeil - DB
10. Powers - LB
11. Razmus - DB
12. H Reedy - DB
13. W. Reedy - DB
14. Taylor - QB

I had a conversation with a Corbin fan that's a friend of mine and he seemed offended that I thought this game might be close...There are 14 pretty good players on that list, it's going to be interesting to see how the new kids respond to a big ,hyped up first game...Looking forward to seeing this one....

1. Anderson - LB
2. Coppock - RB
3. Eaton - OL
4. Farris - OL
5. Hopper - WR
6. Ingle - OL
7. Moore - OL
8. Nantz - RB
9. ONeil - DB
10. Powers - LB
11. Razmus - DB
12. H Reedy - DB
13. W. Reedy - DB
14. Taylor - QB

That's fourteen good reason for sure. But I want change my mind about Corbin winning this game big. JMO only... :ChairHit:
OldJacket Wrote:I had a conversation with a Corbin fan that's a friend of mine and he seemed offended that I thought this game might be close...There are 14 pretty good players on that list, it's going to be interesting to see how the new kids respond to a big ,hyped up first game...Looking forward to seeing this one....
Wasn't goBIGblue82 was it? He can get fired up sometimes Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:That's fourteen good reason for sure. But I want change my mind about Corbin winning this game big. JMO only... :ChairHit:

Your opinion doesn't county. now :gtfo:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Wasn't goBIGblue82 was it? He can get fired up sometimes Confusednicker:

surely not :yikes:
OldJacket Wrote:I had a conversation with a Corbin fan that's a friend of mine and he seemed offended that I thought this game might be close...There are 14 pretty good players on that list, it's going to be interesting to see how the new kids respond to a big ,hyped up first game...Looking forward to seeing this one....

That's the "old money" talking.

lol, theyre almost all died out now. :eyeroll:
It may take care of the rest of them if Whitley comes in an wins Confusednicker:

64 will be looking to transfer again.

It wont be close. :biggrin:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Wasn't goBIGblue82 was it? He can get fired up sometimes Confusednicker:

Don't start Ware, you have no idea what you're talking about... Haha
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's the "old money" talking.

lol, theyre almost all died out now. :eyeroll:
It may take care of the rest of them if Whitley comes in an wins Confusednicker:

64 will be looking to transfer again.

Whitley needs this win to lure 64 in.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley needs this win to lure 64 in.

I'm already in pjdoug just not against Corbin,leslie and north laurel and maybe Letcher County. I'm thinking hard about Letcher County. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:I'm already in pjdoug just not against Corbin,leslie and north laurel and maybe Letcher County. I'm thinking hard about Letcher County. Confusednicker:

You need to get your mind right Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I hope so.

All depends on the Oline for Whitley IMHO. Same goes for Corbins D-backs.

Those are the two biggest things in this game.

After seeing corbin last night, I believe its likely that whitley county will win. Corbin did not get any pressure on the qb and Woods will find holes in the zone if he has that much time and they will put points on the board. I dont think the corbin offense will be able to score enough points to keep up unless they line up more in the power set and rely on the running game which will keep the ball away from Woods and WC. Corbin had 3 that looked good running the ball, #15, 16 & 2, so if the guys up front do there job, they should have success. The passing game will get better as the season goes along.
The Outsider Wrote:After seeing corbin last night, I believe its likely that whitley county will win. Corbin did not get any pressure on the qb and Woods will find holes in the zone if he has that much time and they will put points on the board. I dont think the corbin offense will be able to score enough points to keep up unless they line up more in the power set and rely on the running game which will keep the ball away from Woods and WC. Corbin had 3 that looked good running the ball, #15, 16 & 2, so if the guys up front do there job, they should have success. The passing game will get better as the season goes along.

if Corbin plays like they did last night. Woods will give them trouble for sure,but I'm sure Corbin will come ready to play next Friday....I hope to watch The Colonels play tonight to see what their line play looks like and what they need to work on.
The Outsider Wrote:After seeing corbin last night, I believe its likely that whitley county will win. Corbin did not get any pressure on the qb and Woods will find holes in the zone if he has that much time and they will put points on the board. I dont think the corbin offense will be able to score enough points to keep up unless they line up more in the power set and rely on the running game which will keep the ball away from Woods and WC. Corbin had 3 that looked good running the ball, #15, 16 & 2, so if the guys up front do there job, they should have success. The passing game will get better as the season goes along.

I am a believer in highschool you send atleast 5 or more defensive player to rush the Qb and Rb. 4 is not enough and again this is only my opinion...The Bleacher coach who has nothing else to do on friday nights. Confusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote:I am a believer in highschool you send atleast 5 or more defensive player to rush the Qb and Rb. 4 is not enough and again this is only my opinion...The Bleacher coach who has nothing else to do on friday nights. Confusedmoke:

and leave receivers in one on one matchups? :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:and leave receivers in one on one matchups? :biggrin:

100% yes in highschool football. :Cheerlead i like rolling the dice. :letsfight
64SUR Wrote:100% yes in highschool football. :Cheerlead i like rolling the dice. :letsfight

nothing wrong with that.put 10 men on the line and send the house.
pjdoug Wrote:nothing wrong with that.put 10 men on the line and send the house.
Confusednicker: I like to send the house.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Confusednicker: I like to send the house.

I do too but sometimes the receiver takes it to the house lol
^^^ Exactly Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next