•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Who says we ain't the favorites? You?

Who says you are? you? you are definitely not the favorite :biggrin:
Awwww...91 is one of my favorites!!

You should see him with a rubber glove on his head. Looks like a fightin' chicken!!

Smile
Any word on how 7 on 7 went with Hazard last night?
pjdoug Wrote:Who says you are? you? you are definitely not the favorite :biggrin:

Ok then. How about when the pre season rankings come out. We see who is. You obviously don't know football. You might wanna get up from the computer and stretch from an all night trolling fest. Lol. Let me guess you played in the band or was you a manager or was you an uncle rico. If only coach would've put you in you would've won state. Lol.
Granny Bear Wrote:Awwww...91 is one of my favorites!!

You should see him with a rubber glove on his head. Looks like a fightin' chicken!!

Smile

Thanks granny. PJ just don't know does he. Lol
Belfry will not a lose a 3a game this year. There is no one east that will even give them a close game unless they have a hugh amount of injuries. They will be better this year than last. Belfry has 10 to 15 lineman that could start for any team in the east just to much size and depth for most 3a schools to deal with.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Any word on how 7 on 7 went with Hazard last night?

Yes someone fill us in.
dawg fan Wrote:Belfry will not a lose a 3a game this year. There is no one east that will even give them a close game unless they have a hugh amount of injuries. They will be better this year than last. Belfry has 10 to 15 lineman that could start for any team in the east just to much size and depth for most 3a schools to deal with.

Almosts sound like corbin football team dawg fan. :poker face:
I guess no one went to the 7on7
All I heard today at practice from one kid is we scored like 8 touchdowns. I'm just quoting. I don't know. But hazard does come to Belfry tomorrow evening for another
Belfry scrimmages are misleading

7 on 7's are practically useless HAHA

With that said I really am curious to hear how Corbett, Adkins, and Browning are throwing the football.

Also curious to see if Hunter and TJ can provide some help along with Wellman and Woolum at SE... and what kind of hands the TE's have.

Hope to get some eyes out there tomorrow.
Id love to know too. I think TJ is probably the de facto SE though. Since Aarron Chapman, Haywood has liked to split out big/athletic kids. Dotson isn't Chapman/Messer big but he is born to destroy on a crack back AD has better speed than either of those guys.

I happen to think Dotson would be excellent in tight too if they choose to do that with him. Kid is versatile and probably the most underrated excellent player on the roster.
Is it official at this point that Bentley will play tackle? I hope that is the case. While he would no longer be a "skill" player, he is Paul Bunyon in pads and is IMO best utilized on the LOS. Not to mention he projects best on the LOS at the next level, again IMO.
Not sure P2P but it sure would make sense.

He is a prototype Tackle and Belfry has a TE in the Miller kid who I think could be a huge weapon. Let alone Horton as your blocking TE.

I think moving Cole to Tackle maximizes your team.

Preece should step in seemlessly at Center
64SUR Wrote:Almosts sound like corbin football team dawg fan. :poker face:

Lc plays belfry twice a year and the only team to score a touchdown on them in the playoffs the last 2 years, and the games were still not even close. And I also beleave that it has been belfry that has been to 4 stright state finals not corbin. I am not a belfry fan and I hate that dame train horn on pond creek, but the truth is the truth. Their are some good 3a teams in the east but there is a big difference in a good team and a great program, and belfry is a great program.
^ Very cool props LC fan.

I think the thing you have to really consider is: Dotson/Scott/Gibbs/Bentley + 1 on that oline is going to be pretty crazy. Short Johnson Central, I don't know who can match up.

Assuming you can find another interior lineman - and they will, and a TE, they offensive front is gonna be crazy big and talented. You need that if the other team stacks the box. It is the classic Haywood O vs quality playoff D scenario.

I suppose the point is, the o-line should be at least as good, but IMO better than last season.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Ok then. How about when the pre season rankings come out. We see who is. You obviously don't know football. You might wanna get up from the computer and stretch from an all night trolling fest. Lol. Let me guess you played in the band or was you a manager or was you an uncle rico. If only coach would've put you in you would've won state. Lol.

I obviously do know football and played the game.I never was in band and cant play a radio.if only my team had some West Virginia recruits like yours does my team would have won state.:trolldad:
dawg fan Wrote:Belfry will not a lose a 3a game this year. There is no one east that will even give them a close game unless they have a hugh amount of injuries. They will be better this year than last. Belfry has 10 to 15 lineman that could start for any team in the east just to much size and depth for most 3a schools to deal with.

:lmao:
Well someone fill us in on how the 7 on 7 goes Thursday.
pjdoug Wrote:I obviously do know football and played the game.I never was in band and cant play a radio.if only my team had some West Virginia recruits like yours does my team would have won state.:trolldad:

I never really understood this jab at any team with legit transfers. If a kid and his parents decide he can get a better education on field or off it at another school and they go about enrolling in that school the proper way, they attend that school and meet any requirements that the KHSAA deems appropriate to be considered eligible.

For as long as I can remember everyone has been yelling about Belfry and West Virginia players and with all the success Belfry has had in just the last dozen or so years and the magnifying glass that has to be on them don't you think the KHSAA would have taken care of it if there was an issue. How long did it take them to handle the issue at Fairview? Pike Central? They were swift and dealt with violations within a season or two and here Belfry stands "on the backs of WV" some detractors would say for over a decade with 8 State Championship Appearances (4-4) since 2003, a coach who could reach 400 wins this season, a team that has had one loosing season since 1990. In all that time with all that success why has there been no hammer? It's not like we've been invisible.

Fact is the kids come to play for a legendary coach in a top notch program. It's not like these are certified WV All State players coming in and just handing Haywood all these winning seasons.

Pick a new straw-man
pjdoug Wrote:I obviously do know football and played the game.I never was in band and cant play a radio.if only my team had some West Virginia recruits like yours does my team would have won state.:trolldad:

You obviously don't know to say Corbin will beat Belfry this year. We got more coming back Corbin dont. What's your logic. And don't go there with transfers because I'm sure every kid that plays at Corbin lives within the district. To many schools in that area to pull from. I will find you a good football App for your phone to help your knowledge of the game. Lol
And so it goes..............another football season!!

Love it!!
Hoping Bentley moves on down the offensive lineman be a couple spots. Would love to see him play guard the next two years at Belfry before playing it at the next level.
proud44pirate Wrote:Hoping Bentley moves on down the offensive lineman be a couple spots. Would love to see him play guard the next two years at Belfry before playing it at the next level.

Would make sense as well since that is where Mullins played and is the other hole to fill besides Center.

Would let Dotson and Gibbs stay at their Tackle Spots.

Talk about some monsters

Scott and Bentley at Guard!

Average around 6'4 290 I would say between the two.
Looks like BGR is back in the swing of things. Haters hatin on belfry and belfry will just show up on the field and prove they are legit once again. Ready for another run to BG. I'm thinking of getting a winter home down there just for the occasion. Who's with me. Lol.
Corbin's junior class is pretty good, but the best player in it goes to Knox Central now.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Would make sense as well since that is where Mullins played and is the other hole to fill besides Center.

Would let Dotson and Gibbs stay at their Tackle Spots.

Talk about some monsters

Scott and Bentley at Guard!

Average around 6'4 290 I would say between the two.
That would be a huge line. I'd love to see that. I think it depends on if we have a tight end ready to step in for Cole. Miller could do it. The freshman Barker is a possibility also. Or even Carr. But talk about some meat up front. Shoot we could run two split ends with that line. Lol. Let's see. Preece is about 6'1 about 240 at center. Scott is bout 6'4" 325. Dotson and Bentley goes about 6'5 or 6'6 bout 280 or 290 and Gibbs is 6'4 280. They are trying to work out Whitt at guard also and he is a big strong kid. Either way it goes it's one of the biggest OL in the state. Who knows. But you can bet this all names just mentions don't care to get dirty and smack ya in the mouth. And moving Cole to guard would not disrupt anything especially if he plays the strong side beside Gibbs because they have played beside each other since I transferred him here from NC in middle school. Yes PJ Doug we recruit out of NC also. Lol
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Yes PJ Doug we recruit out of NC also. Lol

HAHA

Seriously though,,, you are talking about a line that will probably average almost 6'3 285 with a ton of experience. That's scary talk.

The Barker kid is an interesting player. That kid has potential to be special talent from what I have seen. Not sure if he is ready to step in as a Freshman and contribute, but if he can get to around 240 and continue working on his hands he is going to be a game changer down the line.

I have heard nothing but good things about Miller as well. I think he may be the answer at TE and hopefully Belfry can go with a single TE so it frees Horton up to only play Defense and be as rested as possible.

Belfry wasn't exactly playing iron man football last year, but with the new 3A and as much depth as Belfry has at the skill spots I think it is important to get as close to a platoon as possible.
The one thing I am praying Belfry busts their tail with this Summer... and if the parent of a Freshman or Sophomore hoping for my playing time is reading this...

Please... please..please be able to longsnap the football and please improve the return game.

Kickoff return was plain jane mediocre...but compared to the disaster that was Punt Return and longsnapping it actually didn't make it look that bad. Belfry took no less than 30-40 points off the board and probably averaged losing over 50 yards in field position per game just from Punt Returns and Longsnaps. Can we just please fair catch punts and not let them roll for 25 yards at a time?

Belfry's loss of field position in the punt game single handily kept Central in that game last year.
Someone snap some pics out there tonight.
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next