•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
jetpilot Wrote:Belfry fans teaching humility? Good one!

A Pikeville fan using "humility" in a sentence.....even better:biggrin:
Now the crowd is getting lively Confusednicker:
I love to argue and joke around pjdoug, but jetpilot took it way to far and said something that he will regret. My kids can stand up for theirselves by their playing on the field.
proud44pirate Wrote:I love to argue and joke around pjdoug, but jetpilot took it way to far and said something that he will regret. My kids can stand up for theirselves by their playing on the field.
In all fairness, you did say the team (Pikeville) is a joke. Then you also made the comment about sending tape so we could show our kids how to play. With everything he did say, he never spoke negatively of the kids. So I think you escalated it when you did that. I know I took it very negatively, I just chose not to say anything. But don't get on here and act like you didn't say anything at all. That's all.

People tend to forget, although Pikeville hasn't won a title since the late 80's, for many years they were the program many in Eastern Ky aspired to be, and have still always been a strong school since with the exception of a few lean years that all schools have. Belfry has a wonderful and strong program now and that's great for EKy. Just don't forget we were what Belfry WANTED to be long before Belfry football got to that level.

As always, looking forward to a great season and prayers of no injuries for anyone.
proud44pirate Wrote:I love to argue and joke around pjdoug, but jetpilot took it way to far and said something that he will regret. My kids can stand up for theirselves by their playing on the field.

:eyeroll:
So jetpilot is from Pikeville. I don't remember mentioning any team by name of being a joke. I said his team, never knew where he was from, really don't care but he pushed it to far with the disrespect of my mother.
proud44pirate Wrote:So jetpilot is from Pikeville. I don't remember mentioning any team by name of being a joke. I said his team, never knew where he was from, really don't care but he pushed it to far with the disrespect of my mother.

I don't know your mother. Get real dude.
This is crazy. I will stay off of this thread. proud44pirate use pm's so this thread isn't hijacked.Confusederiously:
Somebody contact Navy Seal Team 6.....

This thread has been hijacked.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
PHSForever Wrote:In all fairness, you did say the team (Pikeville) is a joke. Then you also made the comment about sending tape so we could show our kids how to play. With everything he did say, he never spoke negatively of the kids. So I think you escalated it when you did that. I know I took it very negatively, I just chose not to say anything. But don't get on here and act like you didn't say anything at all. That's all.

People tend to forget, although Pikeville hasn't won a title since the late 80's, for many years they were the program many in Eastern Ky aspired to be, and have still always been a strong school since with the exception of a few lean years that all schools have. Belfry has a wonderful and strong program now and that's great for EKy. Just don't forget we were what Belfry WANTED to be long before Belfry football got to that level.

As always, looking forward to a great season and prayers of no injuries for anyone.

Honestly....Jetpilot started this whole thing with the "I'm sick of the Bentley updates". Sounds fairly negative to me. Just sayin'. Those "updates" were posted in a "belfry thread". Thus the discussion.

However....you... identified JetPilot as a Pikeville fan/follower.....thus you took his post to be a bash about Pikeville....when in reality.......Pikeville was never mentioned.....until of course.....you mentioned it.
I'm not sick of the Bentley updates. I hope he and Ray both get schools and play on Saturdays. And Josie does make a fair point. This IS a Belfry thread. If your sick, you don't have to come in this thread.

OTOH, if someone was making a new thread every day about "Bentley Updates" or "Ray Horton Updates" I would 100% agreeing that being lame and potentially very annoying.
^ Fair Pilot?
Glad he is off here.
Can't wait to see Ray Ray this year. Watching him at state last year was awesome. That poor QB is still seeing him in his sleep..Kid is a beast.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Honestly....Jetpilot started this whole thing with the "I'm sick of the Bentley updates". Sounds fairly negative to me. Just sayin'. Those "updates" were posted in a "belfry thread". Thus the discussion.

However....you... identified JetPilot as a Pikeville fan/follower.....thus you took his post to be a bash about Pikeville....when in reality.......Pikeville was never mentioned.....until of course.....you mentioned it.
Last post I will make on the subject. EVERYONE who follows BGR on an even semi regular basis knows Jet is a Pikeville fan. I didn't out him. There was previously a thread with the intent of making it look like young Mr. Bentley was transferring. It began to take off and then was shut down (rightfully so, it served no purpose). That, I believe is what Jet was referring to.

Proud44 knows I wish their son well. I've told them that. I also wish ALL players well and hope we can get back to talking about rivalries rather than this silly stuff.
when is fall camp, after the 4th of july?any new kids coming in that will help out..
proud44pirate Wrote:Glad he is off here.

:yawn:
proud44pirate Wrote:Glad he is off here.

Stay on topic and quit worrying about the mom jokes. If your skin is so thin that you get upset at a message board posting, you might want to look into cutting off your internet, and maybe the rest of the world.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Stay on topic and quit worrying about the mom jokes. If your skin is so thin that you get upset at a message board posting, you might want to look into cutting off your internet, and maybe the rest of the world.
Bully Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Bully Confusednicker:

There seems to be more thin skinned people on this site everyday.

If it doesn't stop im going to remove widelefts ban Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There seems to be more thin skinned people on this site everyday.

Oh crap dont need that Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Bully Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There seems to be more thin skinned people on this site everyday.

remove it and call and let him know :biggrin:
ttt
Here's some random stuff I compiled since we're getting closer.

66 All State players at Belfry. The first Flem "Bodad" Varney in 1951 to the most recents in 2014 Austin Hatfield, Drew Mullins, Rayquan Horton, Cole Bentley.

The very middle year of this list is 2003. The 33rd, 34th, and 35th players on the list of Belfry all staters are Josh Cullop, Phillip Varney, and Matt Marcum. That means from 1951-2003 Belfry had 35 all state players. From 2003-2014 31 all star players.

Most common last names include Hatfield (Austin, Hayden, Brad, Tim Bob, Floyd), Varney (Flem, Greg, Matt, Phillip, Thomas) and Dotson (Paul, Lee, Herbie, Irv, Charlie). Those three last names make up 22% of Belfry all-staters.

The 2003-2007 teams had 17 all staters (Varney, Cullop, Marcum, Smith, Reed, Childers, Howard, Jones, Burton, C Chapman, A Chapman, Warren, Hickman, Stanley, May, Lee). That's more than the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s. Not counting the guys who played on the 07 team and went on to receive all state honors.

It's safe to say Belfry is best in the trenches. At least 30 of the all-state players selected at Belfry have played either offensive or defensive line (some guys I don't have a position for).

As for a worst position, surprise surprise! It's probably Quarterback. Of the guys I know what position they played (60 total), only 2 of them are quarterbacks (Dwayne Francisco, Floyd Hatfield). Luckily, Sani Warren made up for it on the defensive side of the ball in 2014.

As for the playoffs, Belfry has won 83 games in them. Most common opponent is Breathitt County. The two have met in the playoffs 9 times. Belfry leads that playoff series 5-4. Other common opponents in the playoffs includes Bell County, Leslie County, and Cawood (6).

From 1965 (first recorded playoff game for Belfry that I have) until 1986, Belfry won 10 playoff games. In 2013 and 2014, Belfry won 10 playoff games.
I would think Russell has been a pretty common playoff opponent as well?

In recent memory alone:

Belfry is 4-2 in those games... 4 of those games were State Semi-Finals... Belfry and Russell have split those 2-2.

I know they played a few times in the 70's and 80's as well
Russell and belfry was in the same district in the late 70 and thru the 80's so they played each other every year along with Johnson central
Since 2003 Belfry is 46-8 in the playoffs (85.2% Winning Percentage).

They are 12-0 in the First Round
They are 11-1 in the Second Round
They are 11-0 in the Regional Finals
They are 8-3 in the Semi-Finals
They are 4-4 in the State Finals

During that Stretch Belfry is 35-3 at home in the playoffs (92.1 %), Average Score of 41-12

During that Stretch Belfry is 7-1 on the road (87.5%), Average Score of 26-15

Belfry is naturally 4-4 on a Neutral Field (50%), Average Score of 15-19
If I'm not mistaken....Jimmy Bevins made All-State for Belfry in 1981 or 1982....but made it as a Defensive Back. However, he played QB for the Pirates. Not a great passer...but a heck of a runner. Thought he and Lee Dotson both made All State same year......
Belfry0304 Wrote:Here's some random stuff I compiled since we're getting closer.

66 All State players at Belfry. The first Flem "Bodad" Varney in 1951 to the most recents in 2014 Austin Hatfield, Drew Mullins, Rayquan Horton, Cole Bentley.

The very middle year of this list is 2003. The 33rd, 34th, and 35th players on the list of Belfry all staters are Josh Cullop, Phillip Varney, and Matt Marcum. That means from 1951-2003 Belfry had 35 all state players. From 2003-2014 31 all star players.

Most common last names include Hatfield (Austin, Hayden, Brad, Tim Bob, Floyd), Varney (Flem, Greg, Matt, Phillip, Thomas) and Dotson (Paul, Lee, Herbie, Irv, Charlie). Those three last names make up 22% of Belfry all-staters.

The 2003-2007 teams had 17 all staters (Varney, Cullop, Marcum, Smith, Reed, Childers, Howard, Jones, Burton, C Chapman, A Chapman, Warren, Hickman, Stanley, May, Lee). That's more than the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s. Not counting the guys who played on the 07 team and went on to receive all state honors.

It's safe to say Belfry is best in the trenches. At least 30 of the all-state players selected at Belfry have played either offensive or defensive line (some guys I don't have a position for).

As for a worst position, surprise surprise! It's probably Quarterback. Of the guys I know what position they played (60 total), only 2 of them are quarterbacks (Dwayne Francisco, Floyd Hatfield). Luckily, Sani Warren made up for it on the defensive side of the ball in 2014.

As for the playoffs, Belfry has won 83 games in them. Most common opponent is Breathitt County. The two have met in the playoffs 9 times. Belfry leads that playoff series 5-4. Other common opponents in the playoffs includes Bell County, Leslie County, and Cawood (6).

From 1965 (first recorded playoff game for Belfry that I have) until 1986, Belfry won 10 playoff games. In 2013 and 2014, Belfry won 10 playoff games.
most of the all staters and a current star are my kinfolk:biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next