Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who falls for Middlesboro job?
With only one person applying for the job, not hard to pick a winner.
Can anyone from Middlesboro name a head coach that has coached there and moved on to be a head coach anywhere else. Career ending place for sure.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Can anyone from Middlesboro name a head coach that has coached there and moved on to be a head coach anywhere else. Career ending place for sure.

Yes it is.
Heard the same. Good hire Jackets!
who is suposed to be the new coach or who have hired hadn,t seen or read anything on new coach
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Heard the same. Good hire Jackets!

How do you know?. He is 22 , 23 years old and never coached before.
No one has said anything, I assume that they are talking about the only application, Wilson. Played at Corbin and now maybe helped a year at Hazard?

Who knows?
It sounded like a Hazard connection from the earlier posts.
Isaac Wilson is the new coach
Played HS at Corbin...
Played at Alice Lloyd...
Assistant one year at Hazard...
23 years old..

I think Wilson will do fine, he's very young but I believe M'boro needed someone young who's going to work hard... Good luck
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If this is who it is, I actually know him a little. He is young but he will do a good job. Middlesboro has become a very tough place to coach. Their school district is not in a good place right now. Their sports program is at an all time low. Not really for sure what has happen the last couple of years. I hope this young man does not ruin his career. Actually a good and smart hire even for Middlesboro. Good luck young fellow! You will have your work cut out for you.
Good luck getting the boys to play for such a young coach. And that discipline Middlesboro is always talking about wanting when the coach is no more than 5-9 years older than the ones that are playing?!?! Good luck with that as well.
JacketFan4Life Wrote:Good luck getting the boys to play for such a young coach. And that discipline Middlesboro is always talking about wanting when the coach is no more than 5-9 years older than the ones that are playing?!?! Good luck with that as well.

One way to get the kids to play hard and play for him, let the kids who don't want to listen hit the road... Play with kids that will listen...

Team won 3 games last year, no were to go but up...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Actually it depends on how many times they play Red Bird. They will be worse than last year. Won 3 games and will graduate over half the team.
ekff Wrote:One way to get the kids to play hard and play for him, let the kids who don't want to listen hit the road... Play with kids that will listen...

Team won 3 games last year, no were to go but up...

No "where" to go but up? Actually they can go down. If he kicks all the kids off the team that won't play hard for him he won't have a team. You're not gonna get high school boys to play for someone who isn't but several years older than them. Plus the only experience he has is being a one year assistant. Not gonna go well I'm afraid. Have to see it to believe it.
I thought they have hired someone. No word yet?
ekff Wrote:Isaac Wilson is the new coach
Played HS at Corbin...
Played at Alice Lloyd...
Assistant one year at Hazard...
23 years old..

I think Wilson will do fine, he's very young but I believe M'boro needed someone young who's going to work hard... Good luck

Isaac will be a very good coach. He had to work very hard to become the player he was, so he knows what it takes to get there. Hopefully they give him the time that it's going to take to turn it around at Middlesboro.
They will announce tomorrow. Give him time, like the last coach? Listen, the way I see it , he knows what he is getting into. This is the worst job in the state when you put all things together. Good Luck , he will need it.
Yes it is.
If Wilson gets the job, he want put up with much nonsense from the kids or the parents. If this is true probably the best hire Middlesboro has made in a long time.
I think a lot of posters are missing the point....., I to believe he will do a great job. Does that mean they will win....nope. Coach Cal could come here and can not win. The question is , will it ruin his coaching career. I think it could, especially if things do not turn around as fast as the administration wants. No athletes.
You all are hilarious. Bitter much?
Just going on facts.....MHS Parent let's take a look. Tim Millet , not coaching anymore after MHS job. Ed Jones never coached again. Bill Jones out of coaching. Russell Thompson ,great young coach, out of coaching. Shane Shackleford let go after a year not coaching anywhere. This is why I say this job is a career stopper. Facts my friend. If you know anything you know that .
Wilson is young enough where if this don't work out then he can go back to be a assistant coach...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FlippedOut Wrote:Just going on facts.....MHS Parent let's take a look. Tim Millet , not coaching anymore after MHS job. Ed Jones never coached again. Bill Jones out of coaching. Russell Thompson ,great young coach, out of coaching. Shane Shackleford let go after a year not coaching anywhere. This is why I say this job is a career stopper. Facts my friend. If you know anything you know that .

Ed Jones became assistant principal.
Russell Thompson became assistant principal and AD at Pineville.
Bill Jones became AD then Principal at MMS.

Shack was 4th choice...wasn't what Middlesboro nor anyone else was looking for.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Ed Jones became assistant principal.

That's kind of funny saying Shackleford wasn't what anyone else was looking for because parents have been calling the board of education and site base members left and right because they are so upset he was let go. Several of the players won't be back and some good ones that were gonna play for him next year aren't gonna play. Everyone I've talked to is very upset with the choice of letting him go.

MHS , all out of coaching , not by their choice and never coached again. It does not matter what job they have now. This place is a coaches death sentence.

If you think what they done to Shack was right , you need a job in the central office, assistant superintendent. You can get his coffee.

Leave it to you to try to justify what that place is doing to coaches. Shackelford was not treated the way people are supposed to be treated. I would like to see these people come to your job and do this to you. Take the blinders off D.A.
JacketFan4Life Wrote:That's kind of funny saying Shackleford wasn't what anyone else was looking for because parents have been calling the board of education and site base members left and right because they are so upset he was let go. Several of the players won't be back and some good ones that were gonna play for him next year aren't gonna play. Everyone I've talked to is very upset with the choice of letting him go.

Nobody is calling anyone. You're simply dead wrong on that. The kids that should be playing at MHS weren't even in uniform last year and that is half the problem.
Hard place for a very young coach to start out. Harlan Co, Bell Co., and Harlan will all be pretty good next year in the district.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Nobody is calling anyone. You're simply dead wrong on that. The kids that should be playing at MHS weren't even in uniform last year and that is half the problem.

I know for a fact they are calling!!! Who are you to tell me what I know and don't know?!?! The McCullough kid was gonna play next season if Shackleford was still there but he's not going to now. You are the one that is dead wrong on things. Must have been one of yours that didn't play that's the only way you'd be saying what you're saying.