Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The team to beat Kentucky?
Who could be a threat to kentucky in the tournament?
KickPuntPass Wrote:Who could be a threat to kentucky in the tournament?

Kentucky
^
Spot on.
If UK plays good, they are unbeatable IMHO.

If they beat themselves, its on them.
Duke would concern me for a couple of reasons. They do have the guards to play UK, a big man that is one of the best in the country and an athletic wing that is playing really well. Plus we all know that they get all the close calls, that would actually be my biggest concern. But it would still take the perfect storm for them to beat UK, that bench of theirs is very thin and if Okafor gets in foul trouble then it would be a big night for Towns, he could post up their other guys all night long. But Duke is the team that IF they had everything work out for them would worry me the most, more than Arizona, Villanova or Wisconsin.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Spot on.
If UK plays good, they are unbeatable IMHO.

If they beat themselves, its on them.

Long time no talk Gut. Just curious if Towns has impressed you yet since you said he was Wiltjer soft early in the season and not a top 5 pick.
A good senior laden team that can get into UKs head. I was really hoping our Cats would have lost a game before the Big Dance for motivation and incentive later by Cal...

If they pull off the wire-to-wire sweep of a season, Great...if they lose, I think it will be to a physical, trash talking squad able to take them out of their game if they so let it!

GO CATS...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
If UK is to be beat (which they are beatable) it will take the following:

1. A team with speedy guards to get around the Harrisons.

2. A team that shoots lights out from 3 like Ole Miss did against UK. Don't let a team's shooting percentage fool you. The 2010 WVU team was a bad shooting team from 3 point range...except for when they played Kentucky in the elite 8.

3. A team with one (or both) big men that can hit the outside shot and draw Kentucky's bigs away from the basket. This would create space for the guards inside.

4. I don't like to mention them twice here, but a team that can disguise their defense and force the Harrisons to take wild shots and frustrate them.

5. Kentucky gives a little help by having an off game from 3 point range as well as the free throw line - which is likely to happen one game in the tournament.
Motley Wrote:Long time no talk Gut. Just curious if Towns has impressed you yet since you said he was Wiltjer soft early in the season and not a top 5 pick.

Speaking of wiltjer he is showing out. Was already a great 3 point shooter, but his inside game improved tremendously. I did have to chuckle when id see someone blow by him on the other end. He just doesn't seem to want that ball as much as other players when he goes for a rebound, and it looks like he lets the player on the other team score, just doesn't contest them much on defense.
I was worried about a possible match up with ND, but after watching them play Northeastern today I am not too concerned. UK will eat them alive in the paint.
Motley Wrote:Long time no talk Gut. Just curious if Towns has impressed you yet since you said he was Wiltjer soft early in the season and not a top 5 pick.

Towns played like the puss that Wiltjer is for the first few games.
Then he realized "oh shit, im a 7 footer" and started playing like one.

Id still take WCS over KAT any day. And I recall you spouting off at the mouth for me saying Lyles was as good as any of them. When Cal his self says Lyles is the x factor, it makes you more or less look idiotic.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Towns played like the puss that Wiltjer is for the first few games.
Then he realized "oh shit, im a 7 footer" and started playing like one.

Id still take WCS over KAT any day. And I recall you spouting off at the mouth for me saying Lyles was as good as any of them. When Cal his self says Lyles is the x factor, it makes you more or less look idiotic.

Guess I'll just say what you just did. He sucked at the time. I backed it up with stats. Least I didn't say I'd not start Towns. Talk about an idiotic statement. That took the whole cake.
West Virginia has a great team, but no size. If they had size they would be dangerous and could possibly be the thorn to do it early iMO.
But I do think Buffalo and Bob Hurley will upset the Mountaineers and ill make sure Danny boy hears about it if they do.

I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned Baylor getting knocked out first round. I had them going to the sweet 16 I think. The Cyclones def. destroyed my bracket.

UK I just don't see them getting beat. Just loaded everywhere. If they lose I would truly be surprised. We may not see a team like this again in college for a very long time or the rest of our lives.
If UK puts on another piss poor performance like they did tonight, we might as well forget it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If UK puts on another piss poor performance like they did tonight, we might as well forget it.

They did play poorly, but Hampton was so over matched and UK knew it. Hopefully the come out on a mission starting next round!
West Virginia
If they don't be UC by 50...yall need to be worried!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
[Image: http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/..._Lewis.jpg]

Like this thread is serious.............

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Let's go Bearcats
nky Wrote:Let's go Bearcats

this will be a disappointing day for you. Wildcats are gonna roll:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:this will be a disappointing day for you. Wildcats are gonna roll:biggrin:

Not really. It can only be diappointing if you let it.
Besides I got to watch my nephew have an incredible experience being on the bench playing against the number one team in the country. It was cool watching him cheer the Bearcats on.
ballers Wrote:west virginia has a great team, but no size. If they had size they would be dangerous and could possibly be the thorn to do it early imo.
But i do think buffalo and bob hurley will upset the mountaineers and ill make sure danny boy hears about it if they do.

I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned baylor getting knocked out first round. I had them going to the sweet 16 i think. The cyclones def. Destroyed my bracket.

Uk i just don't see them getting beat. Just loaded everywhere. If they lose i would truly be surprised. We may not see a team like this again in college for a very long time or the rest of our lives.

choke!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Neer, how about a friendly little bet for the UK/WVU game??? You got the kahunas?
^
I like this
Stardust Wrote:Hey Neer, how about a friendly little bet for the UK/WVU game??? You got the kahunas?

What have you got in mind Dusty?????
Just a friendly little bet, one that will give the winner bragging rights and the loser shuts up ;-)
I can live with that. I still am on Cloud 9 after the 2010 embarrassment in Syracuse with Wall and Co.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I can live with that. I still am on Cloud 9 after the 2010 embarrassment in Syracuse with Wall and Co.

Funny how you forget that Kentucky got quick revenge the next season in the tournament. Not to mention 14-5 all time vs. WVA.
Motley Wrote:Funny how you forget that Kentucky got quick revenge the next season in the tournament. Not to mention 14-5 all time vs. WVA.

But PayPal Cal only has two all time wins vs Huggy and one of those was when Huggy was at Cincy. :flush: