Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Amis OUT at Perry County Central
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Again he was outside waiting on a ride and one of his friends started running his mouth to the guy at the door, cops come and his buddy runs his mouth to the cops. So barney fife takes them all in. FACT!!!!! He was waiting on a ride NOT DRIVING he was waiting on a ride!! Sounds like to me he is more adult than most on here!!!!! Again sit back and watch he will not be charged. And if any of you say he shouldn't be drinking he is of age and HE WAS WAITING ON A RIDE!!!!!! This whole thing is bullcrap!!!

Was this the same party that the PCC assistant basketball coach was at that got the DUI that was on the news.

I also heard Jon Dudley was also involved. Not sure on that though.

It was in Pikeville according to the news.
Wasn't at a party.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Wasn't at a party.

Thanks

What was it? Just at a friends house? If so then that was bush league of the cop to take someone to jail while they wait on a ride.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Again he was outside waiting on a ride and one of his friends started running his mouth to the guy at the door, cops come and his buddy runs his mouth to the cops. So barney fife takes them all in. FACT!!!!! He was waiting on a ride NOT DRIVING he was waiting on a ride!! Sounds like to me he is more adult than most on here!!!!! Again sit back and watch he will not be charged. And if any of you say he shouldn't be drinking he is of age and HE WAS WAITING ON A RIDE!!!!!! This whole thing is bullcrap!!!
He's already been charged. That isn't the issue. According to the reported story, they were outside Bank253 and had been asked to move on and did not. And while I do not see his name in the report with Amis, I can confirm that a mugshot site did have the Hilton guy listed as arrested that night as well, to answer another posters question. I don't know if it was due to the same incident as the one Amis was picked up for.
Again let me slow down so some of you can understand, HE WAS STAINDING OUTSIDE WAITING ON A RIDE!!! Where is he going to move on to. Get in a car with someone that has been drinking? No he didn't and his buddy whom could have been mention on here was at fault would not shut his babied mouth!!! Again Barney Fife being Barney Fife.
PHSForever Wrote:He's already been charged. That isn't the issue. According to the reported story, they were outside Bank253 and had been asked to move on and did not. And while I do not see his name in the report with Amis, I can confirm that a mugshot site did have the Hilton guy listed as arrested that night as well, to answer another posters question. I don't know if it was due to the same incident as the one Amis was picked up for.

Those charges will be dropped because they don't hold water! Being charged in our country doesn't mean you are guilty at least it isn't suppose to.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Those charges will be dropped because they don't hold water! Being charged in our country doesn't mean you are guilty at least it isn't suppose to.

I guess he should have stood up for himself like you are doing and not resign. Why did he resign so fast?
Has it come to anyone's mind that his resignation could possibly be due to more than just this one incident?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Those charges will be dropped because they don't hold water! Being charged in our country doesn't mean you are guilty at least it isn't suppose to.

How does being intoxicated in public and causing a disturbance not hold water? I've heard plenty of times he has been intoxicated and asked to leave the Bank235. I feel sorry for him, but he should have known what might happen.
Bet there is NOT a one of us that hasn't done something when we were young that we regretted. It can't set the stage for the rest of your life. Own it and move on to bigger and better things. If his love is coaching football, hopefully he can find his way back to it. Life happens to all of us! :Sad04:
Tight End Wrote:Bet there is NOT a one of us that hasn't done something when we were young that we regretted. It can't set the stage for the rest of your life. Own it and move on to bigger and better things. If his love is coaching football, hopefully he can find his way back to it. Life happens to all of us! :Sad04:

None of us had the privilege of coaching a high school football team in there early 20's.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:None of us had the privilege of coaching a high school football team in there early 20's.

Post of the century! He has no idea how many really really good young coaches around the state would die for an opportunity like the one he got despite having zero experience. You don't blow an opportunity like that.
We will see. As for the Barney Fife comments, you really should know more about the Pikeville Police before commenting. Very professional group. Moving on could have been as easy as just walking 20 feet down the sidewalk and not being right in front of the business. The police arrested 3 people there to my knowledge that night. They were all booked withing minutes of each other at the jail. All for basically public intoxication and disorderly conduct. Disorderly conduct can be anywhere from being loud, to not complying with a lawful order, being disruptive when the officer is trying to gather facts, etc. I say we just wait and let this play out in court. If they have no prior arrests, weren't on probation, etc, very well may get diversion after which it will be cleared from their records. Lots of ways this can go. But I can almost guarantee they won't drop the charges, this isn't Law and Order, this is real life and that doesn't happen very often.
AGAIN I will slow down he was not the one causing the disturbance, he was with the one that wouldn't shut his mouth. He tried to shut the fool up but he would not shut up! Any of you ever been with a friend that did something like that and you tried to help him. That is what he was doing trying to make his friend who was very intoxicated SHUT HIS MOUTH and wait on their ride. Like Ron White said I had the right to remain silent but didn't have the ability to. So I think his friend couldn't or wouldn't shut his mouth.
PHSForever Wrote:We will see. As for the Barney Fife comments, you really should know more about the Pikeville Police before commenting. Very professional group. Moving on could have been as easy as just walking 20 feet down the sidewalk and not being right in front of the business. The police arrested 3 people there to my knowledge that night. They were all booked withing minutes of each other at the jail. All for basically public intoxication and disorderly conduct. Disorderly conduct can be anywhere from being loud, to not complying with a lawful order, being disruptive when the officer is trying to gather facts, etc. I say we just wait and let this play out in court. If they have no prior arrests, weren't on probation, etc, very well may get diversion after which it will be cleared from their records. Lots of ways this can go. But I can almost guarantee they won't drop the charges, this isn't Law and Order, this is real life and that doesn't happen very often.

Ok they have the best police department in the state. BUT he will be found not guilty!
The Eagle has landed Wrote:AGAIN I will slow down he was not the one causing the disturbance, he was with the one that wouldn't shut his mouth. He tried to shut the fool up but he would not shut up! Any of you ever been with a friend that did something like that and you tried to help him. That is what he was doing trying to make his friend who was very intoxicated SHUT HIS MOUTH and wait on their ride. Like Ron White said I had the right to remain silent but didn't have the ability to. So I think his friend couldn't or wouldn't shut his mouth.

So you were there?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Ok they have the best police department in the state. BUT he will be found not guilty!
We will see. By the way you are talking, either you were there, are a friend, or something to that effect. So tell us, how do you know exactly what happened and are so sure he will be found not guilty?
Maybe
PHSForever Wrote:We will see. As for the Barney Fife comments, you really should know more about the Pikeville Police before commenting. Very professional group. Moving on could have been as easy as just walking 20 feet down the sidewalk and not being right in front of the business. The police arrested 3 people there to my knowledge that night. They were all booked withing minutes of each other at the jail. All for basically public intoxication and disorderly conduct. Disorderly conduct can be anywhere from being loud, to not complying with a lawful order, being disruptive when the officer is trying to gather facts, etc. I say we just wait and let this play out in court. If they have no prior arrests, weren't on probation, etc, very well may get diversion after which it will be cleared from their records. Lots of ways this can go. But I can almost guarantee they won't drop the charges, this isn't Law and Order, this is real life and that doesn't happen very often.

Some are, others, not so much.
Let's be honest, he had no business running a program at that age with his resume anyway. Here's to hoping he gets his stuff in order the next time he gets an opportunity.
Hope this young man gets another chance to coach football in the future.
bac2369 Wrote:Well any way Larkey comes to Perry County..

larkey is the new head coach at PCC.
I am surprised this situation got to this point. Some old politics must be having a problem with each other. Is there a change of power happening in Perry County?
Spoke with Jordan at the game last night (who was cheering for perry central). He said his AI charge was dropped and will be expunged completely in 60 days. Also told me he wasn't going to make any commitment too soon, but did have some assistant coaching offers. Here's to hoping some old ball coach takes him under their wing and molds him the right way. He really is a great kid

Well they were dropped so there goes some creditability.

Where you at know PHSforever!!!!!!!!!!! You might need to stop with your guarantees!!!
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Where you at know PHSforever!!!!!!!!!!! You might need to stop with your guarantees!!!
I said almost guarantee. Y'all need to A) learn reading comprehension, and B) get lives. If they were dropped, I'm surprised. Potentially dropped pending no more arrests, etc. If that's what happened, good for him and I hope he gets another chance somewhere. Either way it goes, he needs to not put himself in those kind of situations anymore in the future.

And I've not been on here because I actually have a life as well as working.
Fattyfatpat Wrote:Well they were dropped so there goes some creditability.
My credibility was never the one at issue. I said almost guarantee. And that it was possible, but to let it play out and see what happens. Those are nothing more than objective statements from someone who really has no dog in the fight. Not a fan of his hs school team so I could give an unbiased take. That's all.
The young man is not head coach no more and I think we orta close the thread and talk about the future and new head coach of the Perry Central Commodores.
guy made a mistake, he will get another chance somewhere. Nobody is perfect.