•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
Saw where Cole Bentley won the DL MVP at the NUC 5 Star Showcase in North Carolina.
Hoping for the same type of results out of Cole from the Rivals Camp in 2 weeks in Nashville. Not sure on the dates but he has the Nike Elite camp, Blue Chip Five Star and FBU Atlanta n Nashville after that. Then 5 college camps this summer.
^ That is what it takes these days. Hope he has an offer before the season starts! Good luck!
Actually he has a couple of great ones. Just tuff to decide. He can only verbally commit right now. To early to sign and you never know in 2 years if coaches will still be there.
proud44pirate Wrote:Actually he has a couple of great ones. Just tuff to decide. He can only verbally commit right now. To early to sign and you never know in 2 years if coaches will still be there.

Who has offered thusfar? That is exciting to hear.

Cole also has plenty of time with the recruiting process and I am sure other schools will begin offering as well.
Belfry will be belfry. Look for them to be in state again this year
Belfry should/will continue their dominance on the Eastern side of 3A. Look for Bell and Corbin to make some noise...but I can't see either coming to Pond Creek and leaving victorious.

The West side of 3A looks brutal. enough said Smile
iceman 92 Wrote:Belfry will be belfry. Look for them to be in state again this year

I agree they will be there. Belfry gets a free pass to the finals every year. 3a east is horrible, its bad when you could put any of about 5 1a teams on the east side of 3a, and they would make it to the finals.
andy griffith Wrote:I agree they will be there. Belfry gets a free pass to the finals every year. 3a east is horrible, its bad when you could put any of about 5 1a teams on the east side of 3a, and they would make it to the finals.

I wouldn't get too carried away there.....Belfry's won the last two 3A championships and went thru the east and the west's best to do it.
andy griffith Wrote:I agree they will be there. Belfry gets a free pass to the finals every year. 3a east is horrible, its bad when you could put any of about 5 1a teams on the east side of 3a, and they would make it to the finals.

That was true last year, but not remotely close to being true over any year beyond.

You have severely undersold how good Bourbon County was in 2012 and 2013, as well as how good Breathitt was until their program fell flat on their face. I still contend that Bourbon was the 2nd best 3A team in the State in 2013 and probably the 3rd best team in 2012.

With that said, last year was the weakest I have ever seen the East in 3A but even still Belfry won the Championship against the best of the West and did it in convincing fashion.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I wouldn't get too carried away there.....Belfry's won the last two 3A championships and went thru the east and the west's best to do it.

Yeah they went through 3a's best my point was 3a was horrible. The west wasn't that strong last year, and the east was just as usual in 3a very weak. Good news is 3a just got stronger, but its ridiculous that all the good teams besides belfry is on 1 side of the bracket, so belfry will continue to get the free pass to the finals.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That was true last year, but not remotely close to being true over any year beyond.

You have severely undersold how good Bourbon County was in 2012 and 2013, as well as how good Breathitt was until their program fell flat on their face. I still contend that Bourbon was the 2nd best 3A team in the State in 2013 and probably the 3rd best team in 2012.

With that said, last year was the weakest I have ever seen the East in 3A but even still Belfry won the Championship against the best of the West and did it in convincing fashion.

A champion is a champion, and a win is a win, but not sure why you chose to say belfry won in convincing fashion. 14-7 is not dominant. The only stat that matters is score, but I wouldn't use the word convincing.
Belfry will get back to championship but will not win it this year. I think Lexington Catholic or Boyle will win. Belfry had better worry about Bell and Corbin now.
I forgot bell, and corbin will be in the east. That does make that side alittle better, but not near as strong as the west. I think there will be some battles between central, boyle, and lex cath, then throw in tilghman as a dark horse, they have some young talent coming up.
Dominance is not always reflected in the score.
skully03 Wrote:Dominance is not always reflected in the score.

only thing that maters is the score. If you go by stats then Georgia can celebrate since they dominated most stats against Kentucky a couple weeks ago, but guess what Kentucky still won. Belfry won, but 14-7 aint dominant I don't care what you say.
Anyone who watched that game knew that the only place that game was close was on the scoreboard

Central only had one true drive the entire game and it was the last drive of the game. After their offense put up big points and yards on South Warren and Corbin Central was barely able to muster a first down the entire game and their lone score came on a fumble return.
The Belfry defense may have been dominant, but overall I would not say it was a dominant performance.
Defensively....Belfry has put up back to back "dominating" performances in the past two championship games....holding both Wayne Co and Central to zero offensive scores.

The lone score Central put on the board was a scoop and scamper on a fumble.....on a drive in which Belfry may have put up another TD.

Don't get me wrong....putting up 17 pts combined in 2 State Championship games is by no means dominating......but when you consider that those 17 pts won 2 state championship games......Not sure how anyone cannot suggest that...at least defensively.....Belfry "dominated" both contests.

I guess it's all about perception and semantics.....
skully03 Wrote:Dominance is not always reflected in the score.

agreed
PaytoPlay Wrote:The Belfry defense may have been dominant, but overall I would not say it was a dominant performance.

Thank you finally someone with some sense. No game can be considered dominant when the losing team only lost the game by less than a score. People look at yards, and stats, but forget that even though there team put up stats they couldn't get points. Williamsburg fans think they dominated Mayfield as well since they got yards, yards mean zero when you get stonewalled at the goalline. Belfry only managed 14 points, and it was an extremely weak year in 3a. No dominance I respect belfrys program, but I just cant lie, and say the beat central convincingly. I also say Mayfield, beechwood, and Williamsburg was better than the 3a champ, and we know Pikeville was. Pikeville beat belfry by more than a score so they must have slaughtered them.
Belfry was way better at the end than when they played Pikeville, and they were healthy and clicking when it mattered...Why down a state champion? BTW, the bling on the ring is still bright whether you win 14-7, 3-0, or 40-0....it still counts. Hey Andy, before you eat some more of Aunt Bee's pie, the only reason you said PaytoPlay had sense was because they agreed with you. Belfry dominated a lot of the game and got 53/60 players who dressed in that game coming back..I could care less who 3a has now... The title road runs through Pond Creek.
3sportfan Wrote:Belfry will get back to championship but will not win it this year. I think Lexington Catholic or Boyle will win. Belfry had better worry about Bell and Corbin now.

If you think Bell or Corbin is gonna come in to Pond Creek against this Belfry D and get a W...let's just say I wouldn't bet on it, but that's just a ways down the road.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry was way better at the end than when they played Pikeville, and they were healthy and clicking when it mattered...Why down a state champion? BTW, the bling on the ring is still bright whether you win 14-7, 3-0, or 40-0....it still counts. Hey Andy, before you eat some more of Aunt Bee's pie, the only reason you said PaytoPlay had sense was because they agreed with you. Belfry dominated a lot of the game and got 53/60 players who dressed in that game coming back..I could care less who 3a has now... The title road runs through Pond Creek.

You are proving my point the bling on the ring is still the same. Wether its by 1 point or 40, so why down the other team, and say they weren't in the game. Maybe you should give central more credit for making it a game. Learn to be a champion with class, instead of saying we won 14-7, but we really dominated them much more than that. You don't have to try to qualify that you were better the score indicated that you won, and the score don't lie.
andy griffith Wrote:You are proving my point the bling on the ring is still the same. Wether its by 1 point or 40, so why down the other team, and say they weren't in the game. Maybe you should give central more credit for making it a game. Learn to be a champion with class, instead of saying we won 14-7, but we really dominated them much more than that. You don't have to try to qualify that you were better the score indicated that you won, and the score don't lie.

Make sure you get your posters straight. I never have downed Central.
BTW, I need no instructions on how to have class. Thank you!
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry was way better at the end than when they played Pikeville, and they were healthy and clicking when it mattered...Why down a state champion? BTW, the bling on the ring is still bright whether you win 14-7, 3-0, or 40-0....it still counts. Hey Andy, before you eat some more of Aunt Bee's pie, the only reason you said PaytoPlay had sense was because they agreed with you. Belfry dominated a lot of the game and got 53/60 players who dressed in that game coming back..I could care less who 3a has now... The title road runs through Pond Creek.

I cant talk right now barney and me has to go get Otis off that cow he is riding in the street.
I believe Andy has eaten one to many of aunt Bea's kerosene pickles. Did you even see the game. If so how can you say that it wasn't dominated by belfry. 0 offensive score against the D. Like I said before. The score, sometimes doesn't always reflect the dominance. Central gave it a heck of a shot and as one poster already said. The only drive they actually had was the last drive of the game.
I'm as big a Belfry fan as any and it wasn't dominant in any way....either game.

Impressive that they held Wayne Co. and Central to zero offensive scores? Yes, I think so, but there is a big difference in impressive and dominant.

A dominant team leaves no doubt from start to finish that the game isn't in doubt. Both of those games were in doubt until the clock hit 0:00.
Leonidas Wrote:I'm as big a Belfry fan as any and it wasn't dominant in any way....either game.

Impressive that they held Wayne Co. and Central to zero offensive scores? Yes, I think so, but there is a big difference in impressive and dominant.

A dominant team leaves no doubt from start to finish that the game isn't in doubt. Both of those games were in doubt until the clock hit 0:00.

That last sentence is a great definition of dominant. I might use that sometime. You are the most honest on here. I hope your fellow fans don't burn you at the stake for saying it.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next