Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay vs. Williamsburg 3/9
How's it going to play out? I'm older (apparently) than a lot of the regular posters, so here's a little history lesson. In 1987, a Clay Co. team seeking it's 4th straight regional crown, and led by 2 Farmers and a skinny kid with crazy hops (Chadwell), played an upstart team (Williamsburg) led by two brothers (I believe they were named Cornett). That Clay team won 88-74 on its way to a state championship.
Now you've got a Clay team led by one Farmer, and a skinny kid with crazy hops in Smith going for a threepeat against a Williamsburg team led by a pair of brothers (the Griffiths). Almost eerie. This Clay is not as good as 87, and this Williamsburg is better, but when the dust settles I'll still take Clay 66-60.
Pretty Cool VH. As a CC guy I've talked a lot about the similarities of Richie and Chad, Tre and Blake. I'm taking CC by 15.
Clay will win because they have the better Team. House, Wolfe, Farmer, Smith and Sexton only care about winning. And 1 or 2 of the 5 will step up when needed. These boys have chemistry and only care about making a run at RUPP
Very nice post Hagar. I'll take Clay by 9-12
Clay by 6-8. They have more talent. And the kids refuse to lose and play for each other. Agree with the above about just wanting to make a Run at rupp. I think that Cov. CATH loss planted the seed.
I think this game goes just as it did last year. Total Team domination from the tigers. I expect the bench to be playing by the middle of the 4th. I know we talk about Farmer and Smith and defense and offense . But that's just us beating the soapbox until the next game. I know for a fact Blake and Trey don't care who does what as long as they win. Those kids have each other backs and this includes all the boys. They will go to war for any of their team mates. It's all about titles in manchester and these boys will do whatever it takes to get the next one.
The jackets have never been this far in my lifetime and I really don't think it will be expected to repete year after year however I love our team it is special, those kids are examples of what a lot of parents dream of for their kids. We in the burg are just happy to be here you want see where we belittle another team or bragg about what we do or will do to any team, we will take them 1 at A time and look back and re-enjoy ever step to where we are. We will be respectfull to each team and fear no team with that said,. Bring them on.
I have had Williamsburg and Clay rank #1 and #2 all year. With Williamsburg rank #1 most of the year. Clay has histories on its side, Williamsburg has upset on it side. And it will be and upset. Clay faithful has pick Corbin 4 time this year against Williamsburg was 4-0 ( upset ) 4 time south laurel 3-1 ( upset ) semi final Barbourville ( upset ) Jackson County ( upset) soon clay county ( upset ) :insane: Win or lose I will be the biggest 13th Region fan of all. Plus the 14th Region. Confusednicker:

Williamsburg 64
Clay County 63
As far as "total team domination" is concerned; I haven't seen it. And I have seen every single boys' games in the tournament.

What I have seen is a very very close talent pool of teams in the 13th Region.

Good luck to both teams Monday night. It will not surprise me to see either team win this regional tournament.
Well finally W'burg will have to play Clay. Clay by 10
Yeah Williamsburg coach can't avoid them Tigers now. He turned the game down before the season. No turning this one down
DunkOnMe Wrote:Yeah Williamsburg coach can't avoid them Tigers now. He turned the game down before the season. No turning this one down

Glad to see clay may it to the final..Confusednicker:
Let's go Clay!
I think Clay should be very nervous about this game. They're playing a team that a plays all seniors and 1 junior. A team that can light it up from 3 and are very quick and athletic. But most of all, they're playing a team with absolutely nothing to lose and never seem to get rattled. If Clay has to stay in a zone all night to hide Farmers defense, I think Shelton and Griffith will light them up from outside. If they play man, I would expect W-burg to sniff out Farmer guarding Griffith or Massey and abuse him. On the other hand, W-burg can guard every position against Clay. I will take W-burg by 7.
Love the blow out predictions, reminds me of the Mayfield football fans predicting the state final against us just because they beat us the previous year...Clay Co is the favorite and that's good, no pressure on Williamsburg....I have no idea how this one will go, but Clay has been very lucky to win the last 2, will that luck run out...
If Farmer goes stone cold again like he did against KC, Clay Co wins...
This exact same Williamsburg team minus massey couldn't guard them last year, so what makes u think they can this year. I like ur confidence, but if Williamsburg plays man you will get killed.
BrokenArrow Wrote:This exact same Williamsburg team minus massey couldn't guard them last year, so what makes u think they can this year. I like ur confidence, but if Williamsburg plays man you will get killed.

Samething Mayfield fans were saying, never said Wburg would win...
BrokenArrow Wrote:This exact same Williamsburg team minus massey couldn't guard them last year, so what makes u think they can this year. I like ur confidence, but if Williamsburg plays man you will get killed.

BrokenArrow clay don't have a Chip McDaniel or Jake Allen on this year team. I will say this the best team will win Monday night Williamsburg or clay......And I see Orange and a little gold. Both team are :worthy: in my book.
Man, let's all get a grip. It's the region final and a trip to Rupp on the line, there's pressure on EVERYBODY! It's how that pressure is handled that will have a lot to do with who wins. There's not much left to be said that hasn't been said several times before. Jacket fans be proud of your team, it's well deserved. Same to The Clay County brethren. Win with grace and lose with dignity. Now, good luck to all and let's get ready for a great game! Peace out

Corbin played Clay man pretty good didn't they? W-burg has a lot better athletes than Corbin does. This isn't the "same exact" W-burg team, and definitely not the "same exact" Clay team as last year. Clay struggled with Corbin all year, while Williamsburg absolutely owned them all year. Chip at point, and a 6'8" Allen down low would've been the reason you couldn't play man last year. I wouldn't put money on either team, but when you break down what each team does good, against what the other team struggles with, Clay should be nervous. Also when you compare how they played against like opponents.
walterwhite Wrote:Man, let's all get a grip. It's the region final and a trip to Rupp on the line, there's pressure on EVERYBODY! It's how that pressure is handled that will have a lot to do with who wins. There's not much left to be said that hasn't been said several times before. Jacket fans be proud of your team, it's well deserved. Same to The Clay County brethren. Win with grace and lose with dignity. Now, good luck to all and let's get ready for a great game! Peace out

"Win with grace and lose with dignity."

I'm going to say you can throw that out the window for the most part, from what I've saw on here after games. LoL.
fairgame Wrote:"Win with grace and lose with dignity."

I'm going to say you can throw that out the window for the most part, from what I've saw on here after games. LoL.

Wishful thinking, I know! I'm for the Tigers 100% but how I post on here has absolutely ZERO impact on the game. It does, however, reflect 100% on me. And I ain't trying to be self righteous, cause I can, and have, griped and groaned as much as anybody! It's just time to let the game do the talking, win or lose.
Van Hagar Wrote:How's it going to play out? I'm older (apparently) than a lot of the regular posters, so here's a little history lesson. In 1987, a Clay Co. team seeking it's 4th straight regional crown, and led by 2 Farmers and a skinny kid with crazy hops (Chadwell), played an upstart team (Williamsburg) led by two brothers (I believe they were named Cornett). That Clay team won 88-74 on its way to a state championship.
Now you've got a Clay team led by one Farmer, and a skinny kid with crazy hops in Smith going for a threepeat against a Williamsburg team led by a pair of brothers (the Griffiths). Almost eerie. This Clay is not as good as 87, and this Williamsburg is better, but when the dust settles I'll still take Clay 66-60.

Great posts Van Hagar...:popcorn:
I just hope 64 don't have 2 shirts on Monday Night. Been know to have those old time tear a way jerseys and if his team gets behind watch out. Loyalty or bandwagon lol
Wreakit Wrote:I just hope 64 don't have 2 shirts on Monday Night. Been know to have those old time tear a way jerseys and if his team gets behind watch out. Loyalty or bandwagon lol

I would hope everybody in the 13th will be wearing Orange or gold come Tuesday morning.....It easy to transfer in the 13th for me. Confusederiously:
walterwhite Wrote:Man, let's all get a grip. It's the region final and a trip to Rupp on the line, there's pressure on EVERYBODY! It's how that pressure is handled that will have a lot to do with who wins. There's not much left to be said that hasn't been said several times before. Jacket fans be proud of your team, it's well deserved. Same to The Clay County brethren. Win with grace and lose with dignity. Now, good luck to all and let's get ready for a great game! Peace out

"Peace out"??? How old ARE you!!???

Wreakit Wrote:I just hope 64 don't have 2 shirts on Monday Night. Been know to have those old time tear a way jerseys and if his team gets behind watch out. Loyalty or bandwagon lol

64 will be running around the Arena like a man possessed!
Confusednicker:
I will be for Williamsburg on Monday but if they fall short on Monday I will be for Clay at Rupp. Peace out!
Clay brings the reputation of being a 13th Region powerhouse; however, this group of seniors has made a name for themselves and for our school. I can see that there is clearly a bunch of people posting for Clay and believe they will thump the Jackets. I believe in waiting to count your chickens before they hatch! With that being said, Williamsburg will be ready to play their hearts out as a team! Not one player will take credit for the win or the loss. They win as a team and lose as a team. The only fear I have is that they will be out-coached, not out-played.
I agree, will pull for any mountain team once they are there.
Hope Sexton is feeling better tomorrow. Gonna need his grit and effort on the boards against Massey and Griffith. Love how he hustles and plays with heart.