Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 51 South Laurel 49
FINAL. :Cheerlead
I hope the crazies will support Williamsburg in the finals. Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:I hope the crazies will support Williamsburg in the finals. Confusederiously:

I wouldn't hold my breath. LoL. Great atmosphere and game for the most part. Both teams seem to hit 3-4 minute spurts where they just couldn't buy a basket. I think the officiating towards the end if the game really messed both teams up. They let them play really physical the whole game, and in the last 4:00 of the game the whistles just got out of control. Williamsburg give South about a 4-5 minute run to pull away towards the end when South went up 3, but they just couldn't buy a basket in that time period. Congrats to Williamsburg on taking care of business at the ft line at the end. Feel terrible for Grubb though. That game wasn't lost on that last foul with .5 seconds left, but you know he doesn't want to hear that right now.
On a side note. Could someone please get the short haired lady cheering for Williamsburg a tranquilizer before the next game? LoL. She was going nuts the whole game, and worried more about the student section than the game. That was definitely a whole different kind of crazy than I've witnessed.
Congrats to the Jackets...That was two pretty good teams going at it, it's ashame one has to go home...
fairgame Wrote:On a side note. Could someone please get the short haired lady cheering for Williamsburg a tranquilizer before the next game? LoL. She was going nuts the whole game, and worried more about the student section than the game. That was definitely a whole different kind of crazy than I've witnessed.

Here we go again. :Sad04:
Would not want to play Williamsburg on that big court at the arena, now that Massey is in the starting lineup. Williamsburg has 5 very good athletes on the floor and all of them will be able to get up and down the court in a hurry.
64SUR Wrote:Here we go again. :Sad04:

Who's crying about anything? I was just pointing out the obvious that a lot of people in the gym was getting a kick out of. Not sure why the guy beside her got kicked out though.
Confusednicker:
fairgame Wrote:Who's crying about anything? I was just pointing out the obvious that a lot of people in the gym was getting a kick out of. Not sure why the guy beside her got kicked out though.

I must have been to into the game. I didn't see anyone get kicked out.
I was at North game, only heard second hand how this one ended. What about it, posters that were there? My understanding is Grubb fouled somebody on a desperation three with less than a second to go and South up one. Who did he foul? Did you think the call was legit?
He fouled Cory. I wasn't there, but got GREAT updates!!! Thank you 64SUR.

This game sounded like a war from the get go! Congratulations Williamsburg on a hard fought and well deserved victory!
game was tied and grubb fouled Shelton with .5 seconds to go. And it wouldn't surprise me to see some crazies there to support WHS they really don't like Corbin.
Congrats to the Burg. A great high school atmosphere!
Williamsburg with Massey in creates match up problems.It was a great game and the fan support was ecstatic,especially Burg fans.This is what high school basketball is about.Shame someone had to lose.SL had an phenomenal year.
Great game and great win for the burg!!! To bad these 2 had to play the 1st round because they are the 2 best teams in the district!!!
Corbin beat one of the teams "tied" for best in the district. I wouldn't be surprise if it happens to the other one.
fairgame Wrote:On a side note. Could someone please get the short haired lady cheering for Williamsburg a tranquilizer before the next game? LoL. She was going nuts the whole game, and worried more about the student section than the game. That was definitely a whole different kind of crazy than I've witnessed.

Tell her yourself. Her name is 64sur. :lmao:

Confusederved::policeman
Congrats Williamsburg and good luck next game!!!
She is the assistant cheer coach of the Williamsburg Cheer Squad. Classy, isn't she!
Van Hagar Wrote:I was at North game, only heard second hand how this one ended. What about it, posters that were there? My understanding is Grubb fouled somebody on a desperation three with less than a second to go and South up one. Who did he foul? Did you think the call was legit?

Your understanding Van Hagar is somewhat not true game was tie 49-49. Williamsburg came out of a timeout with 10 second remaining. Williamsburg was cool as a cucumber was not in desperation mode. Cory Shelton shot a three with about 1 second remaining and he got CLOBBER. It was a legit clobber. :truestory:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Tell her yourself. Her name is 64sur. :lmao:

Confusederved::policeman

She is the secretary to the Head Cheer Coach for WHS! First Class lady!!!!
Thanks, that's why I wanted to hear from someone at the game. Did Grubb just get overly aggressive, or did Shelton fake him into a foul, how did that come about?
Van Hagar Wrote:Thanks, that's why I wanted to hear from someone at the game. Did Grubb just get overly aggressive, or did Shelton fake him into a foul, how did that come about?

If you have Facebook you can go to the 13th Region Boys Basketball page and there is a video of the last few seconds. I'm not sure how to upload it here. I do know there was no fake into a foul. Corey shot the ball and Grubb clearly fouls him. It was a great game played by some great kids and as we have all been saying this week this is about the kids. The most important kids is the ones leaving it all on the floor. Both teams did that last night. They all played with great integrity and heart.
Two very good teams who played their hearts out. Glad Williamsburg won but kudos to South. Massey is a warrior. Cherokee was spot on. South will be a beast next year with Taylor and Grubb leading the way.
What's worse a woman worrying about a group of 500 kids or a few supposedly grown men worrying about a woman worrying about a group of 500 kids😄
Super Close! Sounds like I missed a great game.
footballfever Wrote:What's worse a woman worrying about a group of 500 kids or a few supposedly grown men worrying about a woman worrying about a group of 500 kids😄

I don't remember any men saying they was worried about how a woman was acting. Only that they was amused by her. See the difference?
Clay county will be the beast next year they lose nothing. Smith and farmer will dominate
fairgame Wrote:I don't remember any men saying they was worried about how a woman was acting. Only that they was amused by her. See the difference?

No. Don't see difference....this is a thread about SL Wburg basketball game and and you are talking about a woman in the stands! But I guess in your mind
This is a thread about the South-Williamsburg game? Where was the woman acting insane at? Yep, the South-Williamsburg game. Need we go on?