Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson 76 - North Laurel 73
You know those Jackson County Kids have to feel like they have won the Super Bowl after Mr. Collier left them high and dry. Never underestimate a revenge game.
Congrats to Generals.
13th region basketball at its finest. Gotta love it. Congrats Jackson County
Congratulations Jackson County :worthy:
NL, no chemistry there! Too much jealousy or something going on with that team. We saw them 3 times & they never played as a team. One game they had hardly any assists! A lot of talent, that did not appear to have any heart. Bigger I guess isn't always better. Pretty sad actually.
Congrats to JC. They wanted it more played with more heart. I'm may ruffle some feathers here but Brad Sizemore should be ran out of town. All he had to do was feed Rice in the post and it wouldn't have been close. JC had no one that could even attempt to stop him. NORTH is SOFT and plays with no heart. Plain and simple. Collier left a better team and coach at jackson. Grass isn't always greener. I will Say That Broughton Looked Good tonight. First time he has impressed me.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Congrats to JC. They wanted it more played with more heart. I'm may ruffle some feathers here but Brad Sizemore should be ran out of town. All he had to do was feed Rice in the post and it wouldn't have been close. JC had no one that could even attempt to stop him. NORTH is SOFT and plays with no heart. Plain and simple. Collier left a better team and coach at jackson. Grass isn't always greener. I will Say That Broughton Looked Good tonight. First time he has impressed me.

I don't think you've stated anything that most wouldn't agree with. Brad feels like his only job right now is to promote Broughton at all cost. (There's rumors why he's doing that, but they are just that right now.) There is absolutely no way on earth that Jackson should ever beat this North team if the coach was playing the game with only winning as his only concern. Any coach with half a brain could put Jeffers on the ft line and Asher and Rice on each block, with Broughton and whoever out front and just pound the ball inside. But you have 5 people on the floor at the same time that are only worried about getting there's. A coach can control that. You can't get yours from the bench if you don't want to play team ball. Griebel being hurt is what done them in though. He plays the way they all need to play. Hard nose defense and unselfish play, and doesn't turn the ball over. Unfortunately this is probably that last year him and a couple others on that team will ever step on the court for North.
fairgame Wrote:I don't think you've stated anything that most wouldn't agree with. Brad feels like his only job right now is to promote Broughton at all cost. (There's rumors why he's doing that, but they are just that right now.) There is absolutely no way on earth that Jackson should ever beat this North team if the coach was playing the game with only winning as his only concern. Any coach with half a brain could put Jeffers on the ft line and Asher and Rice on each block, with Broughton and whoever out front and just pound the ball inside. But you have 5 people on the floor at the same time that are only worried about getting there's. A coach can control that. You can't get yours from the bench if you don't want to play team ball. Griebel being hurt is what done them in though. He plays the way they all need to play. Hard nose defense and unselfish play, and doesn't turn the ball over. Unfortunately this is probably that last year him and a couple others on that team will ever step on the court for North.
. *Promoting one player is obviously detremental to a WHOLE team!!
Hammons with 22 in the 1st half and 30 for the game. Lawson with 22 in the 2nd half and 26 for the game. Jackson County led the whole game except for the 1st minute or 2 of the 1st quarter. Bundy with a good game for JC too with 13. Great game to watch! Broughton with 33 for the game, 29 in the 2nd half. Jackson just wanted it more. Officiating wasn't the greatest, but they missed an equal amount of calls on both teams. Interesting that the London paper, The Sentinel Echo rated the Top 10 players in the 49th District and they had Hammons #8 and Lawson wasn't even on the Top 10, but both of them went to the home court of #2(Broughton), #4(Collier), #7(Asher), and #10(Jeffers) , and got the victory. The guys in print really don't know basketball like they used to! Hammons and Lawson are one of the most talented duos in the 13th, and they proved it again last night.
fairgame Wrote:I don't think you've stated anything that most wouldn't agree with. Brad feels like his only job right now is to promote Broughton at all cost. (There's rumors why he's doing that, but they are just that right now.) There is absolutely no way on earth that Jackson should ever beat this North team if the coach was playing the game with only winning as his only concern. Any coach with half a brain could put Jeffers on the ft line and Asher and Rice on each block, with Broughton and whoever out front and just pound the ball inside. But you have 5 people on the floor at the same time that are only worried about getting there's. A coach can control that. You can't get yours from the bench if you don't want to play team ball. Griebel being hurt is what done them in though. He plays the way they all need to play. Hard nose defense and unselfish play, and doesn't turn the ball over. Unfortunately this is probably that last year him and a couple others on that team will ever step on the court for North.

North may very well lose a few players before next year, Griebel won't be one of them, his mother is assistant superintendent of county schools! But it is possible he just wouldn't play, baseball is his best sport anyway. And while North did indeed miss him, I thought not having Roscoe was the bigger loss. He would have INSISTED on pounding it inside. Rice and Asher are too soft to finish too much, but the couple of times they put Broughton down low, it was automatic. Do whatever is necessary to win an elimination game, geez. As for Jackson, Lawson, who I have always thought was awfully good, played an unbelievable game, made every clutch shot in the second half when it looked like North might pull it out. If Jackson had any kind of presence inside they might make a run at the region, and now with South gone and since they will be opposite Clay in the region, if they could draw opposite Knox too they might sneak into the region finals.
Nice win for JC.....I agree with BA.....Sizemore should be gone.....but I have said all year that North just wasn't as good as people thought.....tonight proved it....if I was Broughton I would be somewhere else next year if he is wanting to win
Maybe Sizemore ought to work on developing some of his own players and quit relying on a new "star" to arrive. He might want to keep some of these kids who can't play at North around since for the last 2 years he has sat at home while his FORMER players have played a significant roll on the team that sent him home early. That could also lead to some team chemistry but it would require some coaching ability.
The write up in the Paper u refer to was obviously written by a Homer of the North team. I would agree with Broughton at #2. But the rest of those kids are no where near the top 10. Hammonds deserves to be in there and Lawson should be right around the 10 spot. IMO. I'VE said it all year North is not full of D1 players like some people would like u to believe. They have one really good player and the rest are over hyped IMO. Also if I'm Broughton why in the world do you give that ball up at the end when you are hot as he was from 3. Just don't understand it.
I agree with your point, but for the life of me, I can't think of 9 players better than Lawson. In no certain order, you could say that Hammons, Broughton, Farmer, Smith, and Frazier are in the Top 5, but it could easily be argued that Lawson is #5 ahead of Frazier. Collier is talented, but he only played 4 or 5 games all year. Production wise, he ranks ahead of everybody else on the list including Wolfe, Sexton, Jeffers, Asher, and Rice. Hammons is in the discussion for the best player in the 49th this year, as well as the 13th region, getting 22.2/game and he has to earn every bucket he gets. He gets fouled hard every time and gets double and triple teamed every time he turns around. Several teams have used junk defenses, like box and chaser, to try to shut him down. He came in at #8 on the list, and that's a complete joke.
Congrats General's nice win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I missed the prediction but I'm not surprised. Way too many problems to overcome and added another one late. Couple that with no Roscoe on the bench and I should have knew what would happen. North is as big of a disappointment since Pineville upset Cawood.
Congrats to Jackson on an impressive win.Any more news on Denny since yesterday?
All that transfer drama for that!!!!!!!!!!! GEEEEEZZZZZ!!!!:please:
Very nice win for the Generals!
I think there is no doubt that Lawson is a top 5 player in district but he would be in the 9-12 range in the region. I think Hammonds is a very nice player but what separates him from the top 2 is that Smith plays both ends at an extremely high level and Broughton is just a sophomore. Smiths defense is what separates him from the other top 2 or 3 in this region.JMO
Great win by the generals was rooting for them.
Bigs for NL way too soft. I was severely disappointed in them as a team. Their is a reason Rice left Corbin. JC played some great team ball.
walterwhite Wrote:I missed the prediction but I'm not surprised. Way too many problems to overcome and added another one late. Couple that with no Roscoe on the bench and I should have knew what would happen. North is as big of a disappointment since Pineville upset Cawood.

Cawood was 24-1 before one bad game in the regional. North has been up and down all year. They weren't in my top five going into the season, so it's not that big of an upset to me and some others.
HCS Wrote:Cawood was 24-1 before one bad game in the regional. North has been up and down all year. They weren't in my top five going into the season, so it's not that big of an upset to me and some others.

I didn't say anything about an upset, I said disappointment. And I admit that that was not a great comparison, but with all the North hype early in the year and the Collier drama, I tried to think of something that happened that was on par. Not a good example, sorry!
North's play may be the cause of Roscoe's health problems.
walterwhite Wrote:I didn't say anything about an upset, I said disappointment. And I admit that that was not a great comparison, but with all the North hype early in the year and the Collier drama, I tried to think of something that happened that was on par. Not a good example, sorry!

I see your point.
The expectations were much too high for North early for a team that had a losing record last year and was an average team over the summer.
They have some talent and lots of size but it was too much to expect this year - maybe 2016 or 2017
HCS Wrote:I see your point.
The expectations were much too high for North early for a team that had a losing record last year and was an average team over the summer.
They have some talent and lots of size but it was too much to expect this year - maybe 2016 or 2017

Exactly, but a lot will depend on who stays and who leaves, if anybody.