Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 70 North Laurel 65
^^^
Broughton 22
Asher 19
Jeffers 12
Really excited to see how well we played. Now adding the missing piece with other guys playing well. Going to be hard to stop us. Love how we are practicing and coming together. Us vs the world. Don't sleep on us. We about to go on a roll. Now got to take more meds after taking a beating by the coaches last night.
Clipboard, u guys only lost by 1 at CC. U lost by 5 last night at home. I wouldn't say ur playing better but I love ur enthusiasm.
Count Wrote:^^^
Broughton 22
Asher 19
Jeffers 12

Thanks count I thought all 3 of those kids had good games.
We were winning for 30 of 32 minutes of the game. Hats off to CC they did what they had to do to win. But we are playing better basketball than we had been playing. Balanced scoring and better overall play. Just need to learn to finish games, and that is where Collier will help out the most. Have to learn to crawl, then walk before you can run....we are getting there. I just hope the coaches take it easy on me so that i can enjoy the ride rest of way, man those fist hurt after a while.
^^
Your statement says alot to do about why North doesn't win. There are no moral victories in losing. That is the reason CC has a winning mentality those kids hate to lose and will there self to win .
Wow all this time I thought games were 4 quarters of 8 minutes for a total of 32. Winning means you have scored more at the end of the 32 minutes. 30 of 32 is just static, when you don't win.
Take it easy on the clipboard. He spends his evenings in roscoes armpit or worse under roscoe. He only knows what is written on him.
All fair comments, i can take it. i also know that with a young team we have improved and all that will come together starting this weekend. We will start finishing games. Its ok to be a little concerned if your CC, i wouldn't want to play us again in a 1 and done game. Collier is the difference, wait and see. And its not under the armpit, it more the holding up of the head during the games that sometimes restricts my views.
In all honesty. I don't get the logic behind thinking CC is nervous about playing anybody at anytime. NL is a pretty good team and should get better but CC is also good and should get better. I personally don't mind who we send home first. Clipboard you are saying exactly what I would say if I were a NL fan. Hats off. And good luck this weekend. :Thumbs:
Count you a Clipboard too? i wish i could wear a hat, i like the looks of them. Oh i agree that you can get better but dang you already the best so there cant be that much better you can get. We can improve a ton, and with the addition of Collier, my friend i think we improve a TON. I believe and its just me, no one will be able to stop us when he gets in the game. But i just know what Roscoe writes down!
First I'm not worthy to be called a clipboard. YOU are the man.
Second CC has had their starting five together in practice for a total of a week and a half due to sickness and injuries this entire season.
Smith was at about 70% last night.
Wolfe is still dealing with an Achilles problem and House was clearly not over his wrist.
The region has only seen glimpses of CCs greatness thus far. Will we get there I don't know but if we do we will win games at Rupp.
Count I have been to RUPP with Roscoe and the one thing he taught me, dont say you will win games until the draw is announced. Cause a bad first round draw just stops that "we will win games at RUPP" thing quickly...so lets pull the tigers tail on that statement.
I agree you can improve but not as much as us, thats all my notes are saying.
I also know every team deals with these kind of things so I guess my point is that WE all can and should improve in the next few weeks. Looking at the past few years Marcum seems to have a pretty good idea of how to pull everything together at the perfect time.
I have WON a lot of games at Rupp.
That is true, good point. You aren't a hometown homer like most, so far. A lot of things can happen but the piece we added is something that not everyone else can add. He is a game changer and makes us 10 points better than we were. It will keep the Bigs on the post and take pressure off of Peyton and allow the other role players to play without pressure, which is huge. Still have to find a way to stop Smith and Farmer though.
This site is just a fun way for me to keep up hs sports and I try to keep too much black and gold from bubbling up too often. I really enjoy watching all the teams in the 13th and I will pull for whomever reaches Rupp. I just hope it's my tigers but I really look forward to playing u guys again. Always a fun game to watch.
My statement about winning games at Rupp is the big IF we ever get to 100%. I think our boys can play with anyone in state. I know everyone has IFS
In all seriousness, Collier will have to help North, he is a good enough talent he would help basically any team he played with. But that sure doesn't automatically mean it will cure all ills. Clay isn't scared of anybody, and shouldn't be. The best case scenario for North, imo, is to get the win over OBI Saturday by at least four points, and lock up the three seed. They would still have to beat a dangerous Jackson team in the district, but if you can't do that on your home floor you don't need to be playing on anyway. If they do win, the only way Clay and North could play another game that really meant anything would be in the regional finals. Not impossible to imagine, but a lot of things would really have to click for North to set that up.
I honestly don't think collier s going to help that much......whose minutes is he going to take??? Whose shots is he going to take???? All I know and I say this with complete confidence......if North wants to have a shot to even go to the region.....they had better beat OBI...if they get the 4 seed they are done
Van Hagar Wrote:In all seriousness, Collier will have to help North, he is a good enough talent he would help basically any team he played with. But that sure doesn't automatically mean it will cure all ills. Clay isn't scared of anybody, and shouldn't be. The best case scenario for North, imo, is to get the win over OBI Saturday by at least four points, and lock up the three seed. They would still have to beat a dangerous Jackson team in the district, but if you can't do that on your home floor you don't need to be playing on anyway. If they do win, the only way Clay and North could play another game that really meant anything would be in the regional finals. Not impossible to imagine, but a lot of things would really have to click for North to set that up.

I think you're spot on Van Hagar. The 3 seed is what North Laurel needs to hope for. Could you imagine Clay and North playing in the district championship at North? That place would be packed and the atmosphere would be unreal. North has never won the 49th and its been a looonng time since Clay didn't win it. The first 2 games came down to the last minute and I would say the championship would too.
13th region hoops Wrote:If North gets beat Saturday at home by OBI, they are automatically the 4 seed in the district tournament, which would mean they'd play and beat the 5, Red Bird, then have to face Clay again in the semi finals. Collier is supposed to be eligible to play Saturday, so that could change the outcome too. North has lost 9 of their last 10 games, and it gets no easier Friday with Whitley coming to London. Plus Whitley will be hungry after their worst loss of the season to Williamsburg.
Collier won't be playing against Whitley neither?
I heard that he(Collier) has to participate in 5 practices before he's declared fully eligible, and he wasn't declared officially eligible until this past Friday or this past Monday. I'm not sure though. Where's the clipboard? We need clarification on this!
From what has been written on me and discussed in private meetings, he will be playing Friday. Clarification from power to be will make final call. But Friday is the day.
I'm telling you I really like what's going, we will be a totally different team. Everyone accepts their roles and enjoying it, could be a longer season for us. Oh it's going to be fun.
Roscoe's Clipboard Wrote:I'm telling you I really like what's going, we will be a totally different team. Everyone accepts their roles and enjoying it, could be a longer season for us. Oh it's going to be fun.

I think we all should call you Roscoe's "GOLDEN" clipboard.
Don't dont do that. He will read that and believe it, then next thing you know I'm on the Swap Shop or at a Pawn Shop. Hear CC has a great Pawn Shop.
CC does have an awesome pawn shop. I once pawned Bobby Keith's expo marker there and forgot to pick it up. So maybe you two can get together and draw up some magical plays. :biggrin: