•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Harlan County's Next Coach?
Demarcus ware Wrote:Tell me oh great one, how many one dimensional teams are in bowling green year in and year out? Tell me that. And you're a mod on BGR thinking you have a great iQ? Talk about shouldnt be representing. Pathetic. Surely you can do better than that. Like I said fewer and fewer teams are one dimensional.

You dodged the point completely. Good football teams are good football teams, regardless of what they do. I'm going to ask you leave me being a moderator on these web forums out of this discussion. It has nothing to do with me knowing football.

You want to look at one dimensional football teams in this years state finals?
Quote:2A
DeSales ran for 300 yards, threw for 87.
NCC threw for 87, ran for -21

3A
Belfry ran for 381 yards, threw for a whopping 0
Louisville Central threw for 138, ran for 31

5A
Graves County ran for 142, threw for 8

1A
Williamsburg ran for 148, threw for 224

4A
Owensboro ran for 243, threw for 161

It seems there are quite a few teams who are "one dimensional. "
OptionFootball Wrote:Johnnyd, I do not know the full situation in Harlan County and the state of the Football Program. I will agree Coach Larkey was and still is a great football coach. Like with most coaches he has probably put this behind him. On to David Hensley and the negative comment. Maybe you should ask why would he want to come to Harlan? Even though it is his home town, Harlan/Cawood/Evarts/Cumberland is not close to what it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago when he played there. In my past memories the only coaches to have success there in the last 20 were Frazier at Cumberland Class A Ball, and Billy at Evarts, Donahue has over achieved at Harlan, but that would be beneath you guys kinda like Hensley. If I was going to hire someone then hire someone that has had
some success, could hire a staff, and would stay in the mountains (Scott Russell) or Randy Frazier.

or Saylor.
Demarcus ware Wrote:How stupid do you have to be to believe being one dimensional gets it done these days? Not to smart for mod especially. Of course that dont mean much either. How many one dimensional teams are out there these days? Very few and getting fewer. Most of all them are in the mountsins at that. So good try.

it is unbelievable at the amount of football geniuses defending the one dimensional coaches while telling everybody else they are clueless about football :hilarious:
calling a person stupid on here for not agreeing with you is idiotic.
pjdoug Wrote:calling a person stupid on here for not agreeing with you is idiotic.

Nobody has called anybody a name? You may need some glassesConfusednicker:
C'mon guys, I'm no moderator but isn't this thread about a possible new coach?! Larky is gone, doubt they will find better... So who are the legit lesser names to follow him?
This is a possibility for Hilton.... Cept he jus moved into a new house last week in TC...
I feel Harlan County will have to shoot for a local or go with a young gun. As I said earlier, this job isn't that great. What makes it better than say, Sheldon Clark? Or Covington Catholic? Or Warren East? Looking for an experienced coach after firing Tom will turn a lot of potentials away. I really do hate what happened to Tom, but Dudley Hilton runs the ball <50% of the time, so I guess HC faithful won't be satisfied either. I really wish the best for the kids of Harlan. Everyone in that county needs to put aside their differences and come up with a home run, or they may be a exodus to Letcher.
Harlan has the fan support and a lot of capable kids on the sidelines... I think it is a top notch job.... Politics is crazy everywhere. Especially in Eky... They offer the head coach quite a bit.. Field, good numbers to work with, plenty assistants, AD job, ect... I'd say they can hit a Home run if they try.
bcpc Wrote:Harlan has the fan support and a lot of capable kids on the sidelines... I think it is a top notch job.... Politics is crazy everywhere. Especially in Eky... They offer the head coach quite a bit.. Field, good numbers to work with, plenty assistants, AD job, ect... I'd say they can hit a Home run if they try.

I agree, but they just fired a football coaching legend. Howard, Holcomb, Haywood, Matney, nor Hilton is going to be on the sidelines at HC. Haddix is happy at Corbin. Mills probably won't leave Bell. Now a coach I could see going over to HC is Shawn Hager. He would be a decent hire if he would want to put up with another questionable administration. But that goes back to my point, why would someone expect all those things? Especially when the real reasons comes to light it could be hard to get someone good in there.
It'll be alright in hc. Everyone needs to relax.
pjdoug Wrote:calling a person stupid on here for not agreeing with you is idiotic.
I agree. Especially when it comes from the almighty mods. But I guess we found the village idiot of the mod community that still wants to defend one dimensional football. Pretty sure personal attacks and name calling has been frowned upon here lately so real not so smart mod man should go back to mod class and stay awake this time. Just sayin.
Real Badman Wrote:You dodged the point completely. Good football teams are good football teams, regardless of what they do. I'm going to ask you leave me being a moderator on these web forums out of this discussion. It has nothing to do with me knowing football.

You want to look at one dimensional football teams in this years state finals?

It seems there are quite a few teams who are "one dimensional. "
How many of those teams lost? 3 at least. As for the mod part, im just making sure that everyone knows that it was a mod that come on here calling someone stupid and making it personal. If you dont want that pointed out then follow the rules like we do and stop with the name calling. We get suspended for that. Now im done unless you call me names.
Deebo Wrote:Nobody has called anybody a name? You may need some glassesConfusednicker:

sounds like it is you that has vision problems :biglmao:
Demarcus ware Wrote:How many of those teams lost? 3 at least. As for the mod part, im just making sure that everyone knows that it was a mod that come on here calling someone stupid and making it personal. If you dont want that pointed out then follow the rules like we do and stop with the name calling. We get suspended for that. Now im done unless you call me names.

:Thumbs:
For fans of throwing the ball all over the field....

A VERY good coach with a couple of state championships once told me: "Only three things can happen when you throw the ball and two of them are bad" Nuff Said.

That being said I think you do have to have the ability to throw, but running the ball controls the game much more effectively than throwing.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:For fans of throwing the ball all over the field....

A VERY good coach with a couple of state championships once told me: "Only three things can happen when you throw the ball and two of them are bad" Nuff Said.

That being said I think you do have to have the ability to throw, but running the ball controls the game much more effectively than throwing.
I agree with that. People think im talking about running just a spread offense or just slinging the ball all over the field and im not. Im just saying running a balanced offense is better than being one dimensional. Dang even if its a few yards here and there or a screen pass every now and then. Screen passes has been around since the beginning and every time you see a team run it, it can turn into a big gain or score. When all you do is run up the middle or off tackle people are learning to stack 8-9 in the box. You cant just power over everyone these days especially when you have a young team.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I agree with that. People think im talking about running just a spread offense or just slinging the ball all over the field and im not. Im just saying running a balanced offense is better than being one dimensional. Dang even if its a few yards here and there or a screen pass every now and then. Screen passes has been around since the beginning and every time you see a team run it, it can turn into a big gain or score. When all you do is run up the middle or off tackle people are learning to stack 8-9 in the box. You cant just power over everyone these days especially when you have a young team.

Lord, Lord, Lord! Coaches haven't just "discovered" putting 8 or 9 players in "the box" defenses in the past were all that way. It was the progression of the passing game that forced defenses to move men back to defend, hence the invention of Tom Landry's flex-defense. Anyway, guys, its all about players. As Badman pointed out, several teams won the State Championship running the ball. Unfortunately for Harlan Co. they have the same problem Johnson Central has, Highlands and Covington Catholic. Highlands in particular has just been better for the most part than everyone else in 5A. It has nothing to do with schemes or coaching, they have just had a little better personnel.
School Admin. Wrote:Lord, Lord, Lord! Coaches haven't just "discovered" putting 8 or 9 players in "the box" defenses in the past were all that way. It was the progression of the passing game that forced defenses to move men back to defend, hence the invention of Tom Landry's flex-defense. Anyway, guys, its all about players. As Badman pointed out, several teams won the State Championship running the ball. Unfortunately for Harlan Co. they have the same problem Johnson Central has, Highlands and Covington Catholic. Highlands in particular has just been better for the most part than everyone else in 5A. It has nothing to do with schemes or coaching, they have just had a little better personnel.
Thanks because you just proved my point exactly whether it was intentional or not. Except HC had their best teams when Highlands wasn't in 5A..
Demarcus ware Wrote:I agree with that. People think im talking about running just a spread offense or just slinging the ball all over the field and im not. Im just saying running a balanced offense is better than being one dimensional. Dang even if its a few yards here and there or a screen pass every now and then. Screen passes has been around since the beginning and every time you see a team run it, it can turn into a big gain or score. When all you do is run up the middle or off tackle people are learning to stack 8-9 in the box. You cant just power over everyone these days especially when you have a young team.

After this Im done, tired of battling over this and that.
At the beginning of the season eddie creech called the plays on offense, and he quit the day before we played whitley co, we then started running more spread and throwing the ball more. Only mistake made this yr was letting someone else call the plays
our offense got better when coach larkey took back over calling plays

hope everyone has a great off season
Demarcus ware Wrote:I agree. Especially when it comes from the almighty mods. But I guess we found the village idiot of the mod community that still wants to defend one dimensional football. Pretty sure personal attacks and name calling has been frowned upon here lately so real not so smart mod man should go back to mod class and stay awake this time. Just sayin.

I'm going to make sure you understand me very clearly. I didn't call you stupid. I called you delusional, and every coach in the bluegrass will agree with me. Just because I'm a moderator doesn't mean I'm going to let ignorance run rampant in terms of football I.Q.. Now as I will ask for a second time, please leave it out of the discussion. I will not ask again.
Oh so delusional is legal? So when you said I must be stupid to believe this offense is outdated on my post you wasnt calling me stupid? And im delusional? So if we dont agree with you we are either stupid, low football IQ, or delusional? Your words. Got it. I see how this works.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Thanks because you just proved my point exactly whether it was intentional or not. Except HC had their best teams when Highlands wasn't in 5A..

Proved what point?
School Admin. Wrote:Proved what point?
That you need some kind of passing game to back the defense up some. I never said loading the box was new either. But when its loaded you do need something to back them off and in HC case, there wasnt anything else.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Thanks because you just proved my point exactly whether it was intentional or not. Except HC had their best teams when Highlands wasn't in 5A..

Demarcus ware Wrote:That you need some kind of passing game to back the defense up some. I never said loading the box was new either. But when its loaded you do need something to back them off and in HC case, there wasnt anything else.

You know, every coach would love to have a balanced attack. Ask them, they will tell you that. What you don't seem to understand is that sometimes, its not possible. Teams that run the ball, don't do it because that's what the coach wants, its because that is where the strength is. Belfry threw the ball 1 time in the state championships. If they threw it more than once, they probably would have lost. Why? Because they weren't very good at throwing the ball. When you don't have a QB that is a good passer, its much better to run the ball and control the clock and not put yourself into a position to turn it over. Problem is there are too many people that watch the NFL and think you can translate what they do to H.S. football. Its a whole different animal, trust me.
I'll tell you a coach that I would go after...And this coach hasn't coached in at least 5 years. Ben Howard, who is Hillard's son and was the offensive coordinator on the LCC teams when the school first started. Ben has got his life together and is in all honesty, one of the best offensive minded coaches that I've ever been around. He would be a quiet steal!
OSU runs over Oregon (Champs), New England runs over Indy(AFC Champs), Lynch at Seattle runs over Green Bay(NFC Champs). In FCS N. Dakota State wins over Ill ST (2 predominantly run teams). Argument vs Kiffin in game with OSU (Why did you try to pass so much?). If you can run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense you are going to win more often than not. It is perhaps more important to have the ability to throw, than it is to be 50/50.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:For fans of throwing the ball all over the field....

I like mostly run with ability to pass.a balanced attack to keep the defense guessing.
School Admin. Wrote:Lord, Lord, Lord! Coaches haven't just "discovered" putting 8 or 9 players in "the box" defenses in the past were all that way. It was the progression of the passing game that forced defenses to move men back to defend, hence the invention of Tom Landry's flex-defense. Anyway, guys, its all about players. As Badman pointed out, several teams won the State Championship running the ball. Unfortunately for Harlan Co. they have the same problem Johnson Central has, Highlands and Covington Catholic. Highlands in particular has just been better for the most part than everyone else in 5A. It has nothing to do with schemes or coaching, they have just had a little better personnel.

my Whitley County team had a weak defense last year and put 9-10 men in the box at least a couple times against the Bears and I'm sure several other schools did too because they were too one dimensional.
Real Badman Wrote:I'm going to make sure you understand me very clearly. I didn't call you stupid. I called you delusional, and every coach in the bluegrass will agree with me. Just because I'm a moderator doesn't mean I'm going to let ignorance run rampant in terms of football I.Q.. Now as I will ask for a second time, please leave it out of the discussion. I will not ask again.

:dudecomeon:
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next