Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Grade KBA State Tournament
The tournament has been posted on playkba.com
58 teams from across the state. Should be a good tournament.
Teams from across the state.
West-Benton (Marshall County), Owensboro, and Owensboro Catholic
East-Ashland, Campbell, Valley, Millard, Johnson Traditional, Paintsville, etc.
Southeastern- Rosspoint (Harlan County), Bell County, Middlesboro, Manchester, etc.
South Central-Meece (Somerset), Northern Pulaski, South Laurel, Russell County
Northern-Walton Verona, Conner, Eastside (Harrison County)
Central-Madison Middle, McNabb, Tates Creek, LCA, Woodford County, Georgetown, etc
Louisville area-JCTMS, CAL, Barret, Meyzeek, Shelby East, Shelby West, N. Oldham, etc.
Looks to be a nice tournament
Does anyone know anything about Meece. Word around is apparently they are cream of the crop, but what about size, pressing team, what?
Shelby East won our Conf regular season and tournament. Have 3 nice players in Sam Conley, Austin Griffen and tall kid Gordon. What a awesome tournament
Shelby East is one of the top teams in the tournament. They have a few solid players that play with GHITP AAU.
Meece is also one of the top teams in the tournament.
What are some of the other top teams? What about Cal?
Has anyone watched Meece or CAL play? Curious to know what we might be going up against. Big boys, quick, man to man, press...what do they do well?
CAL's best player is Chandler Strong, need to double team him and they have a very good press.
We played both CAL and Shelby East, both teams are very good, very similar
Saw Meece play earlier in the year. They are definitely the real deal, as for what they do....they seem to do it all...quick, press, etc.
Shelby West is team out of that league. Few GHITP kids and Craig Holley from UOFL.
Shelby West only has Hawleys kid, shoots 85% of their shots, the other GHITP kids go to East!!!
Shelby west has a solid 1-2 punch with Hawley and the Tyson Forsee kid. The Forsee kid really can shoot it. East not so good, poor time management, good 3 kids thoigh
Shelby east has tall kid named Noah Jordan, biggest 6th grader I habe seen
UPSCat4080 Wrote:Has anyone watched Meece or CAL play? Curious to know what we might be going up against. Big boys, quick, man to man, press...what do they do well?
I have heard that CAL (Christian Academy of Louisville) is a good team also. I have never seen them play only going by what I have heard. Meece is a well rounded team that plays zone and man. They will press. They have good guard play and have some size too. They work really well with one another and have played together for a few years.
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Shelby West is team out of that league. Few GHITP kids and Craig Holley from UOFL.
I'm guessing the games between Shelby East and West were pretty competitive. Was West second in the conference?
I just watched the Conf Championship between Shelby East and Shelby West, game was played at East Oldham and Shelby East won by 8 or 9 points!!!
Look forward to the tournament again this year. I don't think we (Hacker) can make the same run as we did last year....but who knows, it's tournament time!!
kymater Wrote:Look forward to the tournament again this year. I don't think we (Hacker) can make the same run as we did last year....but who knows, it's tournament time!!
Manchester Elementary has a good team in your area. Good luck to Hacker.
I saw Meece Play GHITP last weekend and GHItP 6th beat them by 25. But that is a great 6th grade aau team
Oldham Schools are usually pretty good, this is the least competitive they have been across the board in years
Crosby, who is good, was just added
Both my girls go to school in Oldham Co, but have a co-worker kid that goes to Shelby East, he told me that they dropped out of their Conf with Oldham Co schools, anyone know what their plans would be for new Conf!!
SWHS future Wrote:Manchester Elementary has a good team in your area. Good luck to Hacker.

We beat manchester in the county tip off tourney, but they were without their best player. In regular season, they beat us by 10. Look forward to a rematch.

On a side note, we might have to forfeit our first pool game friday night. We are scheduled to play our 1st round opponent in our in-county tournament that night as well.
Looking forward to watching and hopefully our guys playing good basketball this weekend. Counting down to tomorrow evening!
Cal beat Shelby West tonight by 25
DonutDad Wrote:Shelby east has tall kid named Noah Jordan, biggest 6th grader I habe seen

How big a boy is he?
I noticed that on the regional brackets some games will be played at Jesse Clark Middle School. Are their gyms the same regulation size as LCA and KBA or is it a smaller court? I tried to find some images and the only one I found that was halfway usable looked like the three line in the corner did not have as much room away from the baseline as a regulation court.
I don't know about Clark but I know the Aux gym at LCA is rubber flooring like Whitley middle.

Anyone know how the teams that advance will be determined? By point differential I am guessing?

Thanks