Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Paul Chapman to Knott County Central
Baseball, chapman is a great coach. Like I said earlier when parents come to you it is not recruiting in my books. Shouse and Boggs went there because their parents knew chapman and knew they would be the stars. Who wouldn't want their kid to play for a proven winner. I also don't see the pattern you are talking about. He didn't recruit while he was at pikeville in the late 90s. Just simply took his son with him. No recruiting at Breathitt all the years he was there. So I'm just wondering where this pattern is your talking about?
bobcatsfan Wrote:Baseball, chapman is a great coach. Like I said earlier when parents come to you it is not recruiting in my books. Shouse and Boggs went there because their parents knew chapman and knew they would be the stars. Who wouldn't want their kid to play for a proven winner. I also don't see the pattern you are talking about. He didn't recruit while he was at pikeville in the late 90s. Just simply took his son with him. No recruiting at Breathitt all the years he was there. So I'm just wondering where this pattern is your talking about?

Recruiting isn't the pattern I'm referring to. His overall character is more of what I'm talking about. I think he proved everyone right about that with the way he left Pike Central.
baseball1974 Wrote:I hope for his sake and Knotts that he stays, but given his track record, the first thing that comes along with better potential he'll jump on it. I think this was convienent because if the breathitt job comes open he'll be close enough to make an easy transition. With the amount of bridges he's already burned, I can't imagine him having any luck recruiting. He's going to have to develop what he has and that'll drive him crazy. I don't understand him at all. If he would've just relied on his abilities from that start, he could be coaching college right now. Instead, he tried to go the quick route and it bit him. I'm sure he was tired of taking orders from a kid half his age too. I don't see this being anything more than a "transition job" for him and I hate that for Knott because theres no telling what he told them.

What's your problem? Why are you concerned about who we hired? The sreening process was very intense, and the bottom line is they hired who they beleived to be the best coach.
Good hire for Knott.
Baseball1974 by reading your post you seem like someone who has had Chapman as a coach and butt hurt because he left you. Knott has been long suffering since the departure of Jay Cobb. I'm exciting for these kids that they finally have a football coach with a winning background.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Baseball1974 by reading your post you seem like someone who has had Chapman as a coach and butt hurt because he left you. Knott has been long suffering since the departure of Jay Cobb. I'm exciting for these kids that they finally have a football coach with a winning background.

When I got my first coaching job at the college level Chapman was not even born yet. Nice try though
killerb Wrote:What's your problem? Why are you concerned about who we hired? The sreening process was very intense, and the bottom line is they hired who they beleived to be the best coach.

They were right. He is the best coach. Never would I say otherwise.
Baseball1974 since you coached on the college level against Bear Bryant, why didn't you put in for the position?
I wish him well wondering who the ass. coaches are???????
KY Headhunter Wrote:Baseball1974 since you coached on the college level against Bear Bryant, why didn't you put in for the position?

I'm retired and have been for a decade.
killerb Wrote:What's your problem? Why are you concerned about who we hired? The sreening process was very intense, and the bottom line is they hired who they beleived to be the best coach.
. I don't know what you call intense screening but what I heard it was Trent ,pollard, and conn now tell us which one of those guys know anything about football.
cheatingape Wrote:I wish him well wondering who the ass. coaches are???????
The rumor is that hollon and bates so far
kenorgia Wrote:. I don't know what you call intense screening but what I heard it was Trent ,pollard, and conn now tell us which one of those guys know anything about football.

What you heard? The process is more than interviewing. You have no clue.
didn't he have a 1 and 9 season at perry central????? and the coach that left had a 1 and 9 season.......hum........sounds like same coaching ability run up the middle and a cloud of dust....:pondering::pondering:
Chapmans coming!!!! Chapmans coming!!!! Chapmans coming!!!!!! That's all I heard from Perry Central fans and assistant coaches last year. Coach Normans not coaching anymore. Coach Smith is not coaching any more. Chapman who was supposed to be the savior of Perry Central Football is now going to KCC. What did Knott offer him than what he wasnt getting at Perry Central? Lost Justin Haddix who I thought was great at coaching. I just don't understand what direction the PCC program is trying to go. Holland was probably doing the best he could at Knott. I know Chapman loves and breathes football but what can he possibly do when he don't have the talent pool to compete week end week out. Don't get me wrong here, I hope Knott does great and goes undefeated. My question is, why did Chapman leave Perry?
It's called money. The big boys in Knott County got behind this one.
Chapman needed a fresh start and will get it at Knott.Low expectations and he will develop a team there if he stays.Some of the Perry fans wouldn't get off his back and maybe had a right.It's over and wish John Paul the best.I'm a Perry homer but it just wasn't going to work at Perry for him.
[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
kenorgia Wrote:The rumor is that hollon and bates so far

You are mistaken, I spoke to Hollon and he and his son will NOT be at Knott next year. He is looking for a good fit for his son to play next year.:truestory:
Roundabout Wrote:You are mistaken, I spoke to Hollon and he and his son will NOT be at Knott next year. He is looking for a good fit for his son to play next year.:truestory:

[Image:

]
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

10-4 Good Buddy!!!
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.60801792...d=15.1&P=0
The players had better be thick skinned. If they listen and buy into what Coach Chapman is selling, then they will be winners or at least MUCH better football players.
He'll have to run off 50% of them the first year, and his win-losses will suffer. Eventually Knott will grow.
killerb Wrote:What you heard? The process is more than interviewing. You have no clue.

Your a joke!!!!!!
:happysmile:baseball1974 you hit the nail on the head about chapman, he was at breathitt county and haddox had him under control. If he was head coach he would have ruined the school. this man is ,well he thinks his s**t don't stink its his way or the highway. you can;'t treat young men this way. years ago maybe not now..........
cheatingape Wrote::happysmile:baseball1974 you hit the nail on the head about chapman, he was at breathitt county and haddox had him under control. If he was head coach he would have ruined the school. this man is ,well he thinks his s**t don't stink its his way or the highway. you can;'t treat young men this way. years ago maybe not now..........

What?

As long as no abuse, be it physical, mental, or emotional, you can.
Now I can see why Coach Hollan left....ignorance from the ape man has about got on my nerves. Who is Coach Haddox and just how do you know Coach Chapman? I can guarantee that he won't put up with the show of ignorance that this person in displaying....we can only hope that they haven't reproduced.....
clueless Wrote:Now I can see why Coach Hollan left....ignorance from the ape man has about got on my nerves. Who is Coach Haddox and just how do you know Coach Chapman? I can guarantee that he won't put up with the show of ignorance that this person in displaying....we can only hope that they haven't reproduced.....

I believe he is referring to Justin Haddix. Which is wrong. Unless he is talking about whenever Chapman coached him at Breathitt. Then he sounds plain stupid.
IMO: Coach Chapman will not be the problem. He can be part of the solution. The People of Knott County, The Administration and School Staff need to decide they want Football to be successful and support it. Financially and every other way possible.
Well it may not be physical abuse that Chapman will give them, but it is definitely mental and emotional. You have to consider, the players are still kids, its not like this is college or the NFL. There are certain ways you should not talk to a kid. The language he uses towards his players will have to go, if not he will not last at Knott Central. Why do you think he is gone from Perry? Because they don't want him back after the way he treated the players there. They refused to play for him, so Knott County better hope they have enough players to even have a team because of their poor choice as a hire. They went ot of their way to hire someone outside of the county when they had a few inside that would have got the job done and was well qualified. I hope this does not come back to bite Knott in the butt like it did Perry! The ones that suffer from the ignorance of the people doing the hiring, are the players!