Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co 65 Harlan County 54
Truth 99 if you have the testicles to say Williamsburg as 4 in the region then surely you can tell me what teams are 1, 2, 3.
He may be a stat freak but his memory isn't that good. Clay never led by more than six in the first quarter.
He said it was a double digit lead the last game, too, and Clay never went up by double digits in the first half until 1:40 remained.

As for Farmer, he played the first 12 minutes of the first half and the first four of the third quarter. Still, only a half a game, but not a quarter.
I am going to pic an upset. West J will beat CC tonight. I hate to make that Pic. I am really for CLAY.
I'm taking CC by 14. West J is not as good as HC. CC just keeps on winning.
:flame:
I have watched several hs games this year.......more so than in the past and i think the officiating is getting worse each year. Overall the officials are just terrible. You never know what they will call from one night to the next. I have seen it bad in recent tournaments. Same guys from night to night and call totally different.
HCS Wrote:He may be a stat freak but his memory isn't that good. Clay never led by more than six in the first quarter.
He said it was a double digit lead the last game, too, and Clay never went up by double digits in the first half until 1:40 remained.

As for Farmer, he played the first 12 minutes of the first half and the first four of the third quarter. Still, only a half a game, but not a quarter.

I'm pretty sure he's correct. If I remember correctly Clay County was up 16-6 at one point in the first quarter before Harlan County scored 4 straight to make it 16-10 after 1. Clay was up 13 in the second quarter before Harlan County cut it to 5 at halftime. Clay was up 11 in the third when Farmer got ejected. Harlan County hit four free throws and then a three on the next possession which made it a 4 point game, and Clay won by 11. He's correct when he says Clay had a double digit lead at some point in each quarter.
I think that's where HCS and I were getting confused. I thought he meant that they led by 10 after each quarter.

Smile
topnotch Wrote:Truth 99 if you have the testicles to say Williamsburg as 4 in the region then surely you can tell me what teams are 1, 2, 3.

I don't know about Truth....but I would go with Clay, Knox, Corbin, Willamsburg, North as my top 5......however Williamsburg has a chance to prove me wrong 2 times in the next few weeks.
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:I'm pretty sure he's correct. If I remember correctly Clay County was up 16-6 at one point in the first quarter before Harlan County scored 4 straight to make it 16-10 after 1. Clay was up 13 in the second quarter before Harlan County cut it to 5 at halftime. Clay was up 11 in the third when Farmer got ejected. Harlan County hit four free throws and then a three on the next possession which made it a 4 point game, and Clay won by 11. He's correct when he says Clay had a double digit lead at some point in each quarter.

No, he wasn't.

4:50 Spurlock basket 6-5 HC
4:10 Sexton 3 8-6 CC
3:43 Smith FG 10-6 CC
2:16 Bumgardner layup 10-8 CC
1:50 Smith FG 12-8
1:04 Farmer FG 14-8
:48 Caldwell FG 14-10
:01 Smith FG 16-10
I think we all should get together and watch it again.
:biglmao:
Good idea. Let's all get together and put it some cash on whose version of the first quarter is correct.
I can't believe even Granny Bear doesn't believe me.
HCS Wrote:No, he wasn't.

4:50 Spurlock basket 6-5 HC
4:10 Sexton 3 8-6 CC
3:43 Smith FG 10-6 CC
2:16 Bumgardner layup 10-8 CC
1:50 Smith FG 12-8
1:04 Farmer FG 14-8
:48 Caldwell FG 14-10
:01 Smith FG 16-10

My bad I thought for sure that Clay led 16-6. I guess I remembered it wrong. I stand corrected
Don't sweat it HCS the qtrs don't count anyway. U guys have a great team and great fans. Jones is a terrific young coach. I see nothing but good things for ur program. CC has something that a lot of teams are still figuring out. They just find ways to win games, even the ugly ones.
Count Wrote:Don't sweat it HCS the qtrs don't count anyway. U guys have a great team and great fans. Jones is a terrific young coach. I see nothing but good things for ur program. CC has something that a lot of teams are still figuring out. They just find ways to win games, even the ugly ones.

CC has two and sometimes three players on the floor that can flat fill it up. That's hard for a lot of high school teams to "figure out".
Skinnypig ur post are SPOT ON. How do u do it.
HCS Wrote:Good idea. Let's all get together and put it some cash on whose version of the first quarter is correct.
I can't believe even Granny Bear doesn't believe me.

Oh sweetheart, it isn't that I didn't believe you!! It's just better to humor the Clay fans!!

You know how they are!!!

Confusednicker:
Granny bear, HCS, and other Harlan County faithful I hope my post didn't offend any of y'all because I certainly didn't intend for it too. My memory isn't as good as it was in my younger days and it doesn't help that I watch more basketball than most sane people normally do. Harlan County has a good team that's one of several teams that can win the 13th Imo and I certainly didn't mean any disrespect.
If your post offended anyone, then they need thicker skin!!!

As far as memory is concerned, I'm lucky if I remember my train of thought to finish a sentence!!

Wink
1. Clay Co.
2. Knox Central
3. Harlan Co.
4. Corbin
5. North Laurel
6. Williamsburg
7. South Laurel
8. Whitley Co.
9. Barbourville
10. Pineville
11. Jackson Co.
12. Bell Co.
13. Lynn Camp
14. Harlan
15. OBI
16. Middlesboro
17. Red Bird
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:Granny bear, HCS, and other Harlan County faithful I hope my post didn't offend any of y'all because I certainly didn't intend for it too. My memory isn't as good as it was in my younger days and it doesn't help that I watch more basketball than most sane people normally do. Harlan County has a good team that's one of several teams that can win the 13th Imo and I certainly didn't mean any disrespect.

I told you all that there's a lot of forgetful people on here! It ain't just you and me, Granny Bear.
In all seriousness I'm starting to worry about my brain! I used to be smart!