Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 47 South Laurel 40
Final!
Boy, that weak schedule sure has hurt them... Wake up America
By gosh when you have talent and athletes they will rise to the top in big games!!
Impressive win for the Jackets. I think they move into the favorites spot in the 50th district.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:By gosh when you have talent and athletes they will rise to the top in big games!!

They have pretty good coaching too!!!
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Impressive win for the Jackets. I think they move into the favorites spot in the 50th district.

This district will be exciting to watch!!! When was the last time the burg won the district?
You guys are crazy if u think u are the favorite in the 50th. Corbin will mop the court with you all. I thought south stunk up the gym tonight and you guys did what u had to do to win. But in all honesty neither team impressed me one bit.
Williamsburg and South are both much better than they were last year. Big boy and 25 make South very tough. This game was very physical. Wilson and Massey laid on South's big kid all night. He still was a force and played hard until the final buzzer. Shelton and Skylar continued their good play and with Andrew chipping in some big baskets. These teams are very even. They could play 3 more times.I hope the next couple are as entertaining as this one was. 50th is wide open. All four teams have a good shot.
Nice win for Williamsburg. In all honesty I think you guys are the 4 or 5th best team in region. And you do have some nice athletes but I don't think you can compete with the top 2 or 3 in this region. Talent Level just isn't there. But a nice solid team. Good luck tomorrow Corbin can play.
I do know south didnt run anything they normally would have in this one. I dont know if it made a difference or not. I wasnt there. Took in the sw vs warren central game.
The district tournament played at south, so they are my favorite to win the district. Coach Davis is a good coach and has a young team and the big kid will be seasoned by tournament time. This may be the most evenly matched district in the state.
Good win for the Jackets this early in the season, we shall see...
I wasn't sure about this game or the Williamsburg team, just like I have said all along we have the athletes any time you have the athletes you will be in the game, I thought that when the coach put the two big men down low it was the best move in the game, Ethan Wilson and Fred Massey took their two big men out of the game. That seemed to completely neturalize their inside game. I would go so far as to say that move changed the game completely. Fred Masey is one of the strongest athletes in the district or region. he can change the game. I will say again Williamsburg may not win but who ever beats them will earn ever point they get. I don't know if SL has had to deal with a kid as big and strong as Eathan Wilson or A big kid as rugged and fast as Massey. it seemed to have surprised SL. SL has an excellent BB team and will win A lot of games, I don't know if we can do it again But, if we do, it will be another dog fight.
Good luck to south Laurel ,
Truth 99 You are the only one who has even mentioned any team in the 50th as being the best. We Yellow Jacket fans are just glad to be here. We are not blessed with being undefeated at this date since Moby Dick was a minnow, and we are loving it we want to play anybody no matter how many district and region trophies they have racked up. We love our Jackets and are beginning to believe that we can beat anybody, so I say to you BRING EM ON We love to play By the way we are still undefeated.
Tonight was the first time I have got to see Williamsburg in person, and I like them. they have everything you want in a basketball team. Speed, a lot of size, and a couple of sharp shooters. I really like both of the Griffith kids they are really good ball players.
topnotch Wrote:Truth 99 You are the only one who has even mentioned any team in the 50th as being the best. We Yellow Jacket fans are just glad to be here. We are not blessed with being undefeated at this date since Moby Dick was a minnow, and we are loving it we want to play anybody no matter how many district and region trophies they have racked up. We love our Jackets and are beginning to believe that we can beat anybody, so I say to you BRING EM ON We love to play By the way we are still undefeated.

UH, dietpepsidrinker said it above my original post there TopNotch. You guys might be the favorite in the All "A" regional tournament. That's about as far as it goes.
Truth 99 TELL ME WHO ALL WILL BEAT THEM.
Congrats,
Truth 99.......we will find out tonight if corbin mops up the floor with us tonight. I highly doubt it though. Dont know where your basektball knowledge comes from but it resembles something found in a gumball machine. Anybody that "mops" the floor with this team might want to make a reservation in lexington for march. Thats not saying we will win region this year just saying this team is pretty dang gone good. To say that w'burg and sl didn't impress you tonight then might need to start watching rec league and work your way back to high school. Both of these teams are strong right now and will only get better as the year goes along. Btw........think topnotch said it already........this weak schedule crap is older than dirt. If the athletes are there they will rise to the top and make things happen. Nice win for w'burg last night and good luck tonight against redhounds. Should be another good one.
When school starts back after the break truth 99 will have less time on the computer. He will have to go back to school and start taking naps during the day. He's missing his naps right now thats whats got him so out of sorts right. Neither team impressed him last night geesh!.......doubt if he was even there.
49 points in a high school game. Come on guys. It wasn't like there was smothering defense being played. You guys have a nice All "A" team.
BrokenArrow Wrote:49 points in a high school game. Come on guys. It wasn't like there was smothering defense being played. You guys have a nice All "A" team.

Broken do you think Corbin is a regional contender?
I think Corbin is 3rd or 4th in region. Have ability to beat more talented teams than them because of there Coach and how hard they play. And the Taylor kid is a Stud.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I think Corbin is 3rd or 4th in region. Have ability to beat more talented teams than them because of there Coach and how hard they play. And the Taylor kid is a Stud.

So if Wburg beats Corbin that could make them 3rd or 4th in region? You know a lot more than me and are a basketball junkie. You saw Clay play in Berea and drove back to Corbin to watch Wburg South.
Seen corbin once this year.....the taylor kid is definitely heads and shoulders above most kids right now no doubt. But seems corbin will struggle against some teams that have a strong inside presence. I know they beat south once this year but that was at home. The game with w'burg will be on their home floor as well. But the lack of an inside game or ability to guard in the post i think will hurt down the stretch. The big kid from south had like 25 against corbin the first time. Against w'burg i dont think he even got to double digits. Is corbin a contender? Yes.....we will find out tonight if w'burg has what it takes to compete in that kind of environment. Will be some postseason atmosphere in corbin tonight.
Yes I did I watched 4 high school games yesterday and I'm giving you my honest opinion. Anyone can be beat on any night. I think Williamsburg is sitting at the 4-5 mark in the region. There are about 5 schools that's pretty darn even from 4 on down. This was my first look at the Burg this year. And they are solid it's my honest opinion. I saw 8 teams play yesterday and I think they where the 4th best team I saw yesterday.
Just like South destroyed West Jessamine early in the year. West Jessamine would win 95 out of 100 against them. Harlan County beat a Mercer County squad that was way more talented. Anyone can beat a better team. I think Corbin is a better team than Williamsburg but I do agree that your style will give them trouble. And your size will as well.Good luck tonight.
footballfever Wrote:So if Wburg beats Corbin that could make them 3rd or 4th in region? You know a lot more than me and are a basketball junkie. You saw Clay play in Berea and drove back to Corbin to watch Wburg South.

Williamsburg is in a large group of teams just below Clay Co. and Knox Central(with Marsee). This group includes Whitley Co, Williamsburg, Corbin, North Laurel, South Laurel and Harlan Co.

I honestly think that Williamsburg could be in the top 2 or 3 and can contend for the 13th Region title this year.
Truth99 What teams can beat Williamsburg right now? You sad we were 4th Who do you have 1, 2, 3. in the region?
Clay and Knox are above the rest IMO. When at full strength. That being said neither has been for most of year and they are still winning. And like SE Said they are a bunch including Williamsburg below them. North has the talent and size to beat them but with north you never know who is gonna show up. And I think Corbin is slightly above williamsburg. I think Burg, Harlan Co., Whitley, and North are real close together from 4 on down.