Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co 65 Harlan County 54
The score doesn't do the game justice! HC was within 3 at 57-54 inside 3 minutes left and CC scored the final 8 points of the game. HC
Making strides, just gotta maintain the desire to improve and they will be fine!
This game was exhausting for me!! I don't know if it's better or worse not being there in person.

Congratulations Clay on the victory. It sounded like it was hard earned!!

I'm very proud of my Black Bears for never giving up and playing full out!!!
Any details, specially on the Farmer ejection. Radio guy wasn't very clear in what happened. Clay will really have to step up in the final without Farmer. As Granny Bear said, a lot closer than the score indicates.
This was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. These refs should have there credentials stripped. They absolute mugged Smith all night. They called a horrible foul on Farmer For Clearing Space With His Elbows. He did clear but the Harlan county player had hit him twice in the head. And then he lost it. He did deserve to be ejected Imo. Just lost his cool. But these refs where horrible all night on both ends. It was like the WWE at times. I'll say this Clay held a double digit lead in every quarter. Harlan county plays hard and never gives up. Nice coaching move by Jones to go box and chaser on smith to try to slow him down. Clay just has a little too much fire power. Nice win considering Farmer played 8 minutes in the game. Tomorrow will be tough but I think clay can do it.
Great game. Love HC. They play hard nose ball til the final horn blows. Smith and #4 battled. GREAT GAME. Hats off to both teams and coaches.
walterwhite Wrote:Any details, specially on the Farmer ejection. Radio guy wasn't very clear in what happened. Clay will really have to step up in the final without Farmer. As Granny Bear said, a lot closer than the score indicates.

Here's how I saw the incident walterwhite...Farmer has position on the rebound, 44 for HC gets Farmer in a headlock from behind on the way down, just as Farmer is at the verge of asphyxiation he turns his head to avoid passing out, the referee blows his whistle and calls a foul on Farmer (as 44 is walking to Clay's end of the court assuming Clay will be throwing the ball in). Farmer quietly said to the ref "Sir, was that foul on me?" The ref Teed him up, Farmer scratches his head and his headband falls to the floor...ref gives him his second T for littering the court. Craziest thing I've ever seen.

That's how I recollect it.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Here's how I saw the incident walterwhite...Farmer has position on the rebound, 44 for HC gets Farmer in a headlock from behind on the way down, just as Farmer is at the verge of asphyxiation he turns his head to avoid passing out, the referee blows his whistle and calls a foul on Farmer (as 44 is walking to Clay's end of the court assuming Clay will be throwing the ball in). Farmer quietly said to the ref "Sir, was that foul on me?" The ref Teed him up, Farmer scratches his head and his headband falls to the floor...ref gives him his second T for littering the court. Craziest thing I've ever seen.

Dang, awful rough on a man for losing his headband! And he even said "sir" on the first one!
What region were the fine gentlemen who called this game from? I assume 11th region, but I'm curious.
I heard the foul was on Farmers beard.
BrokenArrow Wrote:This was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. These refs should have there credentials stripped. They absolute mugged Smith all night. They called a horrible foul on Farmer For Clearing Space With His Elbows. He did clear but the Harlan county player had hit him twice in the head. And then he lost it. He did deserve to be ejected Imo. Just lost his cool. But these refs where horrible all night on both ends. It was like the WWE at times. I'll say this Clay held a double digit lead in every quarter. Harlan county plays hard and never gives up. Nice coaching move by Jones to go box and chaser on smith to try to slow him down. Clay just has a little too much fire power. Nice win considering Farmer played 8 minutes in the game. Tomorrow will be tough but I think clay can do it.

LOL I TOLD you the refs were horrible!! It's probably a good thing I didn't go to this game, I would've been livid!!

I'm sure that we got beat to death, and didn't do ANYTHING to deserve it, too!! Pretty sure!!!
DarthVader Wrote:I heard the foul was on Farmers beard.

HA! The beard actually did play a part. 44's elbow may have got tangled up in it which made it appear to be a headlock.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I'll say this Clay held a double digit lead in every quarter.

You and the double digit lead. I hope you don't do something that requires counting for a living...
Congrats to the Tigers!
Congrats to Clay and Go Black Bears. Third time is a charm, Clay better hope they don't cross HC's path in regional tourney at the rich and perfect city of Corbin. Could be even a closer game! Good luck to both teams!
HCS Wrote:You and the double digit lead. I hope you don't do something that requires counting for a living...

I don't remember the 1st quarter but clay was ahead double figures at some point in the last 3 quarters. They where up 11 right before half when #4 hit back to back 3's cutting it to 5 at half. They where up 11 at the 6 minute mark in the 3rd when Farmer had his episode. They hit 4 free throws to cut it to 7. And they where up 10 in the fourth when Smith scored 5 st8. And of course the final margin. So Broken Arrow is probably right when he said held a double digit lead in all quarter. He is a Stat freak! Kinda like rainman
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Here's how I saw the incident walterwhite...Farmer has position on the rebound, 44 for HC gets Farmer in a headlock from behind on the way down, just as Farmer is at the verge of asphyxiation he turns his head to avoid passing out, the referee blows his whistle and calls a foul on Farmer (as 44 is walking to Clay's end of the court assuming Clay will be throwing the ball in). Farmer quietly said to the ref "Sir, was that foul on me?" The ref Teed him up, Farmer scratches his head and his headband falls to the floor...ref gives him his second T for littering the court. Craziest thing I've ever seen.

It's a shame I don't know who you are because you would be buying me a new keyboard because I just spit coffee all over mine. Needed a good chuckle.
3 point game with just over three to play. It was anyone's ballgame at that point. From there, Clay spent the rest of the 4th quarter at the free throw line. I think their final 8 points were free throws.
I really like how jones has this HC team playing they are tough as nails and never quit. I Just Don't Think They Are On The Same Talent Level As clay. Clay basically had there 2nd best player sit for 3 quarters and still won. That's impressive to me. But once again HC will be a tough out for anyone in the 13th.
The way I got it was that actually HC was just as good as CC the game could have gone either way, and HC can't wate for A rematch.
Two things I know. Louisville cant beat Ky and Harlan cant beat Clay!!!
You are right about one of them. which team do you think you are right about.
May see these teams meet again on down the road.
Truth99 Wrote:I don't remember the 1st quarter but clay was ahead double figures at some point in the last 3 quarters. They where up 11 right before half when #4 hit back to back 3's cutting it to 5 at half. They where up 11 at the 6 minute mark in the 3rd when Farmer had his episode. They hit 4 free throws to cut it to 7. And they where up 10 in the fourth when Smith scored 5 st8. And of course the final margin. So Broken Arrow is probably right when he said held a double digit lead in all quarter. He is a Stat freak! Kinda like rainman

End of first quarter 16 to 10, Clay Co. Broken Arrow can go drive in a circle!!
Confusednicker:

TheProfessor33 Wrote:3 point game with just over three to play. It was anyone's ballgame at that point. From there, Clay spent the rest of the 4th quarter at the free throw line. I think their final 8 points were free throws.

HC was out of time outs, so I believe their only option was to foul. I believe free throws were what put the game out of reach for the Bears.

Tigercreek Wrote:Two things I know. Louisville cant beat Ky and Harlan cant beat Clay!!!

You JUST jinxed two great basketball teams!!!!
Confusednicker:
[quote=Granny Bear]End of first quarter 16 to 10, Clay Co. Broken Arrow can go drive in a circle!!

I Took A Break FROM Watching whopner And Jeporady To Let You Guys KNOX That CLAY Lead 16 To 6 At One Point In The first. And Truth Already Pointed Out The Other 3 quarters. So my statement is true. They lead by double figures at some point in every quarter. I just watched the game film as well. And man those refs wherr worse than I thought they missed calls everywhere on both sides and inconsistent as heck.
Any team can beat any team on any given night. To say that Harlan Co. can't beat Clay is laughable.
BrokenArrow Wrote:[quote=Granny Bear]End of first quarter 16 to 10, Clay Co. Broken Arrow can go drive in a circle!!

I Took A Break FROM Watching whopner And Jeporady To Let You Guys KNOX That CLAY Lead 16 To 6 At One Point In The first. And Truth Already Pointed Out The Other 3 quarters. So my statement is true. They lead by double figures at some point in every quarter. I just watched the game film as well. And man those refs wherr worse than I thought they missed calls everywhere on both sides and inconsistent as heck.

You're splitting hairs now!!
Confusednicker:

On a more serious note, at one point in the Mercer County game, I asked the refs if they were being trained. I don't know....I guess it's a different style and we all get used to the officiating in OUR region as opposed to the styles of the other regions. But with all that said and accounted for, some of the calls I have seen in the two games that I attended were not only ridiculous but dangerous. My husband moved away from me and sat in another area for the second half!!
Lol. I agree Granny they definitely let the kids play more up there than in the 13th. I just can't understand how they will let a kid get hit on the arms while shooting and not call nothing, but call hand checks all night 30 feet from basket. And the play in the post is more physical than some NBA games.
Not all teams are as physical as our two are!! Both Clay and Harlan appear to me that they prefer the up tempo and physicality; and that's FINE with me.

In the Mercer Co game, honest to God I'm not embellishing this, our #12, Bumbgardner would go in for a lay up and get knocked sideways out of bounds. This happened at least 3 times, and the whistle would blow and they would call HIM for clearing out. Well, God, look at him....he's got the heart of a lion, but clearing out two low posts while dribbling the ball.....really??
Are you saying that the 13 th region are better than the officials in tournament?
^^
Oh HELL no!!!!
Confusednicker:

Just.....different!!

[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/h...8106_o.jpg]

These two have played together since they were 5 years old!! Love seeing them end their high school career together!!!

Both are gutsy kids!!!