•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
To borrow a line from Reece Davis when he was talking about Todd Gurley earlier this year..

The one undeniable truth you must overcome whenever you line up against the Pirates is that Belfry has RayQuan Horton.... and you don't.

I am really excited to see how Horton and Bentley handle the camp circuit this offseason. I am hoping they do some of the Rivals camps so they can get evaluated. Have a feeling both will have some offers by the time August rolls around.

I just hope the work ethic that brought these Belfry Soph's to where they are continues into their Junior season. Noah Corbett has a golden opportunity and I hope he runs with it. Derek Wellman from all indications I have heard is a kid who bleeds Belfry pride and wants to be the next Austin Hatfield.. I hope he is beginning that process right now. For as good as Hatfield was...it wasn't until his Sophomore year when he exploded on the scene.

Adkins, Varney, and Hunter each have the opportunity to become vital parts of the Belfry team's success.
Any word on teams, who could fill the last 2 remaining games?
New to the schedule for next year. Tate's Creek from Lexington, Knoxville Catholic from Tenn., Capitol from Charleston WV, and Rayes Academy from Chattanooga Tenn. This is the 4 that I was told. Not sure about the spelling of Rayes.
I would love to see Belfry, and Capitol, Wv match up. I would travel to just to see that one.
proud44pirate Wrote:New to the schedule for next year. Tate's Creek from Lexington, Knoxville Catholic from Tenn., Capitol from Charleston WV, and Rayes Academy from Chattanooga Tenn. This is the 4 that I was told. Not sure about the spelling of Rayes.

Could it be Grace Baptist Academy out of Chattanooga?

Love love love the Capitol game. Actually mentioned them earlier in this thread. Fanatic game and a really good prep in case you see Tilghman or Central down the road.

Talking about one of the, if not the, best overall teams in WV.
Grace Baptist is in Chattanooga but they are a small private school and went 1-9. Not sure they would be much competition.

I also see a Rhea County HS that is located north of Chattanooga. They are a larger school and went 13-1 this past year and reached the Semis. Those would be the most likely choices bases off the name.
Dang Chattanooga is a haul!
Would love to see an away game in Chattanooga, just a quick 2 hour drive for me.
Are those confirmed? If so, wow. Would love a final say on who the Chattanooga team is, and hopefully it's on the road because I love a trip and would love to see AtlPirateFan!

If Tates Creek and Pikeville are your worst non-district games, then you have a BRUTAL schedule.
Is Harlan County still on the schedule?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Is Harlan County still on the schedule?
As far as I know yes they still are.
Rhea County (pronounced "Ray") was 13-1 in 5A football last season. Must not be a joke to say the least!
BHS is still 2 games short, waiting to see if Capital can rearrange some teams on their schedule to fit them in!!!!! No other games are a "done deal"....
What teams in Kentucky, could you best compare Rhea County to?
^ They run the Wing-T. Maybe Scott County?

I don't really know to be honest but you can watch some of their games from this past season on youtube.
I'm only counting 14 juniors on the roster, but I believe one of them quit and two of them were the late-addition kickers, so that's 11 juniors. Could be wrong but I'm only counting 5 of them that started this season (TJ Dotson, Austin Gibbs, Nate Sanger, Devin Wellman, X Willis)
^ I was thinking about that the other day. Belfry will still be dominated by underclassmen this coming season. The following year will be a large senior class and reloading from the 2017 graduation will take some doing.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ I was thinking about that the other day. Belfry will still be dominated by underclassmen this coming season. The following year will be a large senior class and reloading from the 2017 graduation will take some doing.

The class of 2017 is going to be a bear to come after. Belfry has very good talent behind it...but you are looking at possibly 8 guys in that Class of 2017 that will be multi-year starters having to be replaced most likely:
Horton- 4 years
Bentley- 4 years
Catron- 3.5 years
Hall- 4 years
Woolum- 4 years
Corbett- 2.5 years
Scott- 3 years
A. Dotson- 3 years
Merry Christmas to all.
Happy new year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:To borrow a line from Reece Davis when he was talking about Todd Gurley earlier this year..

The one undeniable truth you must overcome whenever you line up against the Pirates is that Belfry has RayQuan Horton.... and you don't.

I am really excited to see how Horton and Bentley handle the camp circuit this offseason. I am hoping they do some of the Rivals camps so they can get evaluated. Have a feeling both will have some offers by the time August rolls around.

I just hope the work ethic that brought these Belfry Soph's to where they are continues into their Junior season. Noah Corbett has a golden opportunity and I hope he runs with it. Derek Wellman from all indications I have heard is a kid who bleeds Belfry pride and wants to be the next Austin Hatfield.. I hope he is beginning that process right now. For as good as Hatfield was...it wasn't until his Sophomore year when he exploded on the scene.

Adkins, Varney, and Hunter each have the opportunity to become vital parts of the Belfry team's success.
If I remember right Varney started this year as a freshman...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The class of 2017 is going to be a bear to come after. Belfry has very good talent behind it...but you are looking at possibly 8 guys in that Class of 2017 that will be multi-year starters having to be replaced most likely:
Horton- 4 years
Bentley- 4 years
Catron- 3.5 years
Hall- 4 years
Woolum- 4 years
Corbett- 2.5 years
Scott- 3 years
A. Dotson- 3 years

I agree those guys will be hard to replace. But let's not forget that out of the seniors this coming year, yes it's only a few of them but they are gonna be hard to replace also
TJ Dotson- 3 years
Austin Gibbs- 3 years
X Willis - 2.5 years ( could've been 3 but had injury) his sophomore year was turning into our best back before his injury.
Nate Sanger -2.5 years.
Devin Wellman -4 years. ( guys lets face it he is a big part to our Defenses success. He has made some killer punts to pin em back which makes the defense play a little better.
^ Agree. You weren't on as much this year man. What happened?
Reload
belfey high school is got the backing of the administrator as with all there sports, they let the chips fall where they fall for all sports.....
I really don't understand how Cole Bentley gets All-State DL and Rayquan Horton gets snubbed..

That may have been mentioned earlier but I must have missed it.

Thoughts?
UKPike Wrote:I really don't understand how Cole Bentley gets All-State DL and Rayquan Horton gets snubbed..

That may have been mentioned earlier but I must have missed it.

Thoughts?

Horton made 2nd Team AP All-State. Not a complete snub. Speaks volumes as to what Belfry has on that D-Line with those two sophomores.

For my money Horton was the best D-Linemen in the State period... but 2nd team is still much better than Honorable Mention like the CJ put out.
Bentley deserved it. He started both sides of the ball for Belfry. They don't have a tight end position on the all state team. Both ended up with close to the same amount of tackles. Both deserved it but I think Cole got it for playing both sides. Bentley didn't see as many snaps on defense during the season due to the coaching staff saving him for the offensive side.
Austin Hatfield played both sides of the ball and had 108 tackles
Nate Sanger 114 tackles
Cole Bentley 103 tackles
Ray Horton 114 tackles
Dakota stanley. 178 tackles

And they get Honarable mention. So yes these sport writers don't know what goes on. It's a popularity contest. No way this is right. Ray, Austin, dakota and Nate deserve 1st team. Not what they got. Mackey Francis deserved 1st team. Belfry had the best line in the state. I call it like i see it. My son was part of that line but does not deserve 1st team. But if he got it I would be on here saying he didn't deserve it. But from what is on this list yes he does deserve it.
Bentley and Horton need to go to the Rivals and Scout combines. Get some pub from those recruiting services and watch them both get first team next year.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next