Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville at Pikeville 2nd round
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:region 3 hosts. no matter who comes out of each region.

No, even year is even # region hosting. This is Region 2 & 4's year in all classes.
oneijoe Wrote:No, even year is even # region hosting. This is Region 2 & 4's year in all classes.

The why on earth did Raceland have to travel to Williamsburg last year? I think its opposites. Even years, the ODD teams host and in ODD years the even teams host. Bc Fairview hosted in 2012 and they are also region 3. (all games mentioned were between No 1 seeds in their districts so that is not an issue)
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The why on earth did Raceland have to travel to Williamsburg last year? I think its opposites. Even years, the ODD teams host and in ODD years the even teams host. Bc Fairview hosted in 2012 and they are also region 3. (all games mentioned were between No 1 seeds in their districts so that is not an issue)

Raceland and Fairview are in REGION 4. Williamsburg and Hazard are in Region 3. Last year odd had home, this year even.:ChairHit:
PHSForever Wrote:We don't need "homeboy refs". Very rarely does anyone complain about the officiating costing them games at Pikeville. And the ones who do, usually are the ones who complain EVERY loss is due to refs, at Pikeville or anywhere else. Move along, little piggy.

Little piggy !!!! That's funny. But not as funny everything you said above. Seen it happen a few times over there this year. And yes there are calls for the home team in every game. But some of the things that happened there this year was very uncalled for. The main one that sticks out bad was hazards coach getting threw out. :truestory:
pork Wrote:Little piggy !!!! That's funny. But not as funny everything you said above. Seen it happen a few times over there this year. And yes there are calls for the home team in every game. But some of the things that happened there this year was very uncalled for. The main one that sticks out bad was hazards coach getting threw out. :truestory:

Lol a little early to start whining about the refs. Most people know how the Hazard coach was acting and deserved to get tossed. Heck it looked like he was trying to get tossed. But tell us the "other" things you speak of that were uncalled for? Are you referring to all those touchdowns Pikeville scored or are you just making stuff up? :Sad04:
jetpilot Wrote:Lol a little early to start whining about the refs. Most people know how the Hazard coach was acting and deserved to get tossed. Heck it looked like he was trying to get tossed. But tell us the "other" things you speak of that were uncalled for? Are you referring to all those touchdowns Pikeville scored or are you just making stuff up? :Sad04:

His reputation for acting that way doesn't help him at all, even at home.
Emmit Brown Wrote:I believe he is thinking about and referring to Robert Staggs, not Garris. I'm sure there is some type of mix up on his end between the AD of the high school and college.

Nope, I was referring to the latter, not the assigner for softball. I wasn't aware KG had retired.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Nope, I was referring to the latter, not the assigner for softball. I wasn't aware KG had retired.

Jason Booher is the AD at Pikeville High now. There is not a 1 in a million chance there is or ever was any conspiracy to give Pikeville an advantage with referees.

http://www.pikeville.kyschools.us/athlet...ector.aspx
jetpilot Wrote:Raceland and Fairview are in REGION 4. Williamsburg and Hazard are in Region 3. Last year odd had home, this year even.:ChairHit:

thanks Jet.
jetpilot Wrote:Jason Booher is the AD at Pikeville High now. There is not a 1 in a million chance there is or ever was any conspiracy to give Pikeville an advantage with referees.

http://www.pikeville.kyschools.us/athlet...ector.aspx

With Jason Booher's integrity, I can say amen to that.:Thumbs:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I predicted before the season started that Pike County would have two state football championship teams....

1A - Pikeville
3A - Belfry

My crystal ball is still cloudy and I don't see either. Runners-up, maybe.
Spuds Wrote:My crystal ball is still cloudy and I don't see either. Runners-up, maybe.

Wipe it off and you'll see it more clear. Pikeville/Belfry.
Paintsville will need their best effort of the season with Pikeville having their worst in order for a Tiger win. It will start with much better play calling from the Tigers OC, sooner or later someone will need to realize the jet sweep every other play isn't going to get it done especially against a team like Pikeville with speed they have on the edge. Max protect packages will help and getting single up man with Hendricks and let him go verticle in the pass game, if they haven't seen by now he will not cut it up north or south and Belcher needs the backfield touches if he can play and of course Kash and Spencer grinding out their runs. 62-8 will be the first mental hurdle they need to overcome and if Pikeville scores early it could get ugly once again but they need to create some type matchup advantage either with the spread or clock management but it will be a difficult task on the road either way.
panthers are a serious contender this year for a state title based on beating some of the
upper class programs as easily as they have. (very impressive)
Paintsville has shown much improvement but not to point to play with better teams in
1-A. Repeat of game 1 running clock for panthers
pork Wrote:Little piggy !!!! That's funny. But not as funny everything you said above. Seen it happen a few times over there this year. And yes there are calls for the home team in every game. But some of the things that happened there this year was very uncalled for. The main one that sticks out bad was hazards coach getting threw out. :truestory:
Point them out. You would have already if you weren't such a Hazard homer you can't see through the blue and gold tint. You probably sit with your little friends and after every fumble, wonder if KFC is in on the conspiracy and providing grease to spray on the ball. You're just mad your coach got tossed, and then you've been drilled in back to back visits here at Pikeville. But I will keep an open mind. Point out the calls you feel we're grossly unfair in the "several" games you've seen it happen at over here. Most likely you mean two games, both of them being Pike County Bowl games. But go on. I'm waiting with bated breath for the egregious display of zebras on the payroll.
jetpilot Wrote:Hazard has come into Pikeville the last 2 years and got drilled.

Sorry though u was talking about playoffs..
TigerBlues Wrote:Paintsville will need their best effort of the season with Pikeville having their worst in order for a Tiger win. It will start with much better play calling from the Tigers OC, sooner or later someone will need to realize the jet sweep every other play isn't going to get it done especially against a team like Pikeville with speed they have on the edge. Max protect packages will help and getting single up man with Hendricks and let him go verticle in the pass game, if they haven't seen by now he will not cut it up north or south and Belcher needs the backfield touches if he can play and of course Kash and Spencer grinding out their runs. 62-8 will be the first mental hurdle they need to overcome and if Pikeville scores early it could get ugly once again but they need to create some type matchup advantage either with the spread or clock management but it will be a difficult task on the road either way.

All that sounds good but if the Tigers don't play the best defensive game of their lives, it won't matter what their offense does IMO. If Pikeville goes up and down the field early it will be over before halftime again. If Paintsville can get some stops they might be able to hang around and make it interesting. I hope not.:Cheerlead
bac2369 Wrote:Sorry though u was talking about playoffs..

All I'm doing is stating my opinion that Pikeville will be very very tough to beat at home this year for ANY team, and especially all Class A teams. But again, that's why they play the games.:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:All that sounds good but if the Tigers don't play the best defensive game of their lives, it won't matter what their offense does IMO. If Pikeville goes up and down the field early it will be over before halftime again. If Paintsville can get some stops they might be able to hang around and make it interesting. I hope not.:Cheerlead

Hence the first sentence prefence, best effort is all inclusive.
TigerBlues Wrote:Hence the first sentence prefence, best effort is all inclusive.

:ChairHit:
Pikeville wastes no time is this one as they put a running clock on the tigers in the first half.
jetpilot Wrote:All I'm doing is stating my opinion that Pikeville will be very very tough to beat at home this year for ANY team, and especially all Class A teams. But again, that's why they play the games.:popcorn:

I agree.. But it's playoffs and no one news to be over looked..
Paintsville is improved, wouldn't shock me to see them compete for a while. Pikeville not near as good as you homers make them out to be. After the Rams take care of business against Fairview, Pikeville is in for a surprise... The 2014 Rams are better than last years team who ended Pikeville's season in the region finals.
NoPicks Wrote:Paintsville is improved, wouldn't shock me to see them compete for a while. Pikeville not near as good as you homers make them out to be. After the Rams take care of business against Fairview, Pikeville is in for a surprise... The 2014 Rams are better than last years team who ended Pikeville's season in the region finals.

If pikeville plays close to how they have been playing then they'll be in bowling green. The only shot Raceland and even Williamsburg has is if Pikeville comes out flat, or they start turning the ball over. Mayfield is playing great and they have experience in the big game, so I don't know about that matchup.
I love it when the Tigers are the underdog. In this case deservedly so. I think the Tigers will come out early with a much better game than the first matchup this year. Everyone talks about the Pikeviille homers on here. There is nothing wrong supporting your team. At least they support their team unlike some people that act like they are for the Tigers but choose to gut coaches and players whenever they can .Its obvious who they are. It really makes me sick. Go Tigers. It should be a much better game this time.
NoPicks Wrote:Paintsville is improved, wouldn't shock me to see them compete for a while. Pikeville not near as good as you homers make them out to be. After the Rams take care of business against Fairview, Pikeville is in for a surprise... The 2014 Rams are better than last years team who ended Pikeville's season in the region finals.
Looking at common opponents, Ashland played against Russell and Raceland. Gave up 355 yards on the ground to Russell, 182 to Raceland. Russell came into the game with Pikeville averaging about 297 yards per game rushing. They left Pikeville with about 197. Now, even considering Raceland threw for 180 more against Ashland, they still needed to complete 14 of 35 pass attempts to do that. Russell came in averaging giving up 117 ypg rushing, Pikeville went for 232 against them and 149 passing. Raceland averages giving up 140 ypg rushing. I like Pikeville's chances in that game against Raceland IF it happens. We will wait and play Paintsville first and go from there. This Pikeville team is different than the one Raceland played last year. It's a mental difference as well as a speed difference.

Raceland has never won at Pikeville and if they play like they did against Ashland, Ironton or Paintsville, Pikeville will blow them out.
Tigers in a rout. Confusednicker:
baseball1974 Wrote:If pikeville plays close to how they have been playing then they'll be in bowling green. The only shot Raceland and even Williamsburg has is if Pikeville comes out flat, or they start turning the ball over. Mayfield is playing great and they have experience in the big game, so I don't know about that matchup.

if they make it past the Rams, Williamsburg will beat them like a rented mule :trolldad:
pjdoug Wrote:if they make it past the Rams, Williamsburg will beat them like a rented mule :trolldad:

Williamsburg has been use to beating little ponies, not mules, or even horses for that matter.:biggrin: