Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 65 - Paintsville 51
"MC RULES12" Wrote:it was a great win for magoffin co. on parent night
You must be the same so called "person" that said that to Chelsee to her face after the game. None of you 4 would fess up to it either, would you. Chelsee showed how much class she has when she laughed it off. Maybe you can learn something from her. But, I seriously doubt it.

This is your brain on drugs:Hole: :Hole: :Hole:
"MCfan" Wrote:Calloray showed who the best post player in the region is.
I don't think she's the best player on her team.
"the voice" Wrote:A couple of things here. Everytime MC wins a game it is blamed on poor refs. Now granted that there has been some poorly called games, some going to the good for MC, some going to the bad and some that doesn't help either team. Some people lable it as "HOMECOOKING" some don't, but I was at this game and for the ones saying that this game was a personal vandetta against Chelsee and Paintsville are crazy. I know of 4 occassions that there were missed calls against, or my gosh Paintsville. One was on a inbound play when russell plain out lost the ball while out of bounds, no one from MC touched it, but paintsville kept the ball. Who called that? Mike Hall, "who hates PHS". Didn't help MC that time. Another was a flying elbow from Chelsee vs Ashley J. Howard. Howard went down hard, but was anything called? NO!! so how was the refs trying to get Jarrell out wheh they could had then? Another was when K. Carroll had the ball on her end of the court and she dribbled up the sideline out of trouble and she stepped out of bounds, right in front of the "Paintsville Hating" Mike Hall and you know he let that go. Strange since he hates them so much. IMO the game changed due to the fact after the half that when PHS went on that 4-0 run to cut into the lead, Steve Miller played "stall ball" and took at least 4:00+ off the clock by dribbling near the midcourt line. PHS played off of Megan Powers Wed. night and she was 5/5 from the field including a 3pter. Way to go Megan, great game. By saying the refs let Calloray have the game she did made no sence to me. Calloray missed her first 6 shots, but she didn't quit, which is credit to her. Now if anyone wants to compare a "bad" called game vs. a "good" or "average" game than check out MC vs. Jc on Feb. 10 @ JCHS. That game was horrible and everybody knows it on both sides. Wed. game was no were near a horribly called game, but I guess it was MC getting another win and people don't except that. If you want to look at vendetta's vs. someone than look at MC's whole team, because win or lose, somebody accuses them of cheating or getting the calls. That pothetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have apparently cheated 18 times this year, but didn't for 5 games and we lost. HMMM seems like a pattern to me. Mc really sucks and it shows doesn't it? Well for me I will take my sucky, cheatin, no good team over any team around. It's called talent and yes MC...that's MAGOFFIN COUNTY located between Morgan and Johnson for those of you who don't know. Yes there is talent here!!! So give them credit and stop blaming when MC wins. GO HORNETS!!!!!!

Nice post every time MC wins there always put down like the refs let them have the game but i can say one thing that the refs are not based on MC cause they absolutley hate us
"sportwhiz" Wrote:I'm sorry that you haven't been to all the other games officiated (boy that's loosely named with Hall) by Mike Hall. If you had, you would know where we're coming from. When I saw Hall before the game, I knew what was going to happen.

Did you see what Ashley Jade was doing to Chelsee before the so called "flying elbow"? Ashley Jade should have put a saddle on Chelsee's back because she was riding her and holding her. Why wasn't a foul called on Ashley???????????

When Kendra stepped on the line, yes she did step on the line, it was because she was bumped by who other than Ashley Jade. Didn't you see Ashley throw her arms up like, I didn't touch her.

When a very aggressive team (Magoffin) has less fouls called on them than a passive team (Paintsville), then there something wrong somewhere.
Someone's been drinking there HATORAIDE Jade is an outstanding athlete people on here say shes cheap but hey thats your alls opinions, My opinion Jade is the best player in the region and she dosnt really get the respect she deserves
"MC RULES12" Wrote:It was a great win for Magoffin Co. on parent night
You need to be banned. No, someone needs to bend you over their knee and give you what you deserve. If my daughter ever says anything like that to someone, she won't be able to sit for a year.:ChairHit: :ChairHit: :ChairHit: :ChairHit: :redboxer: :redboxer: :redboxer: :redboxer:
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:Someone's been drinking there HATORAIDE Jade is an outstanding athlete people on here say shes cheap but hey thats your alls opinions, My opinion Jade is the best player in the region and she dosnt really get the respect she deserves
I'm not for either team. We went last night to see 2 good teams. I'd have to agree with what sportwhiz said about the 2 incidents reguarding Ashley Jade.

Ashley Jade is a very good player. She's very aggressive and I haven't seen anyone that can drive and finish like her. But, I've also never seen anyone get away with what she gets away with. Maybe her good luck will continue. Maybe she could give some of that luck to Michaela Howard. I've seen Magoffin County play 3 times this year and that poor girl can't catch a break.
":Touch:Down:" Wrote:And also can someone clarify something for me...Doesn't that female ref get to ref the state tourny??

I think your right, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she ref last years tourney. I'm not sure my memory isn't really good but I rember reading it some where.

Congratz lady hornets
I don't remember anyone saying that Magoffin won because of the refs. I said I didn't think the outcome would have been diiferent, but would have been much closer.
And Touch Down, did you know that a defensive player doesn't have to be still to take a charge??? Learn the game.
"The Fan" Wrote:very nice post the girl from Paintsville dropped the ball out of bounds went around the radio people Mike Hall picked it up a gave it back to her
I don' think the ref actually saw what happened and just gave the ball back.
"wamiller25" Wrote:man come on i have played against SC as well i have seen him coach and i think he is an excelent guy. i dont think it is right for u to hold a grudge just because you stuck out and got revenge by hittin him. not only that the whole tournament was rigged so that p-ville and JC would be in the final game, even p-ville's radio annoucers thought it was pretty bad called. and by the way what happened to the "goddess" she only had 4 points, and magoffin didnt double up on her once! Woops was she overrated or did the pressure of magoffin get to her?

I saw several times that she was doubled.
This thread has been cleaned up and the personal attacks will stop. If anyone wants to continue with the attacks they will be looking in from the outside. I will ban the next one that participates in this type of negative behavior.

:rules:
Tough loss for Paintsville. Best of Luck against Johnson Central.
The refs can be blamed, as they do almost every game that is lost, especially if you are a fan from the losing team. But as ironic as this may sound, you may think that Paintsville gets bad calls, this must only be including the girls. From what i have seen the past 2 years of playing a game AGAINST Paintsville (boys), at Paintsville, it isnt a good called game AT ALL. Haven't noticed the girls side that much, but as far as the boys games, Refs like to protect paintsvilles "stars".
Not saying anything bad against Paintsville, even if you think that they got a bad called game, the outcome would have been no different then what it is. Magoffin is clearly the better team, and really wanted this game coming off of a loss.
I also wanted to note about Paintsvilles defense. Think about this for a minute, Magoffin, in the 3rd quarter, held the ball on 1 posession for well over 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Paintsville was only down 5 points at the time, but they dropped back and stayed in the zone the whole time, not even contesting the ball. But for some reason, with 2:30 left in the 3rd quarter, he decides the come at the ball. If he was going to bring them out on Magoffin, why wait so long? In my opinion they should have waited, considering they had already let 4 minutes and 30 seconds run off the clock, and let Magoffin hold the ball the rest of the quarter, puting them only down 5 points going into the 4th quarter, instead of 9. Would have given them a better chance for the win..
"Pressure" Wrote:The refs can be blamed, as they do almost every game that is lost, especially if you are a fan from the losing team. But as ironic as this may sound, you may think that Paintsville gets bad calls, this must only be including the girls. From what i have seen the past 2 years of playing a game AGAINST Paintsville (boys), at Paintsville, it isnt a good called game AT ALL. Haven't noticed the girls side that much, but as far as the boys games, Refs like to protect paintsvilles "stars".
Not saying anything bad against Paintsville, even if you think that they got a bad called game, the outcome would have been no different then what it is. Magoffin is clearly the better team, and really wanted this game coming off of a loss.
I also wanted to note about Paintsvilles defense. Think about this for a minute, Magoffin, in the 3rd quarter, held the ball on 1 posession for well over 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Paintsville was only down 5 points at the time, but they dropped back and stayed in the zone the whole time, not even contesting the ball. But for some reason, with 2:30 left in the 3rd quarter, he decides the come at the ball. If he was going to bring them out on Magoffin, why wait so long? In my opinion they should have waited, considering they had already let 4 minutes and 30 seconds run off the clock, and let Magoffin hold the ball the rest of the quarter, puting them only down 5 points going into the 4th quarter, instead of 9. Would have given them a better chance for the win..
Read my first post in this thread....we agree on a lot.
I too would have stayed back in the zone...for one thing....Paintsville wasn't picking up fouls....they got nailed with three, in that last 2:30!!! Big one's too.
"BlackCat Fever" Wrote:I'm not for either team. We went last night to see 2 good teams. I'd have to agree with what sportwhiz said about the 2 incidents reguarding Ashley Jade.

Ashley Jade is a very good player. She's very aggressive and I haven't seen anyone that can drive and finish like her. But, I've also never seen anyone get away with what she gets away with. Maybe her good luck will continue. Maybe she could give some of that luck to Michaela Howard. I've seen Magoffin County play 3 times this year and that poor girl can't catch a break.
couldnt agree more if Michaela was healthy she would be something else to watch knees and ankles have hurt her really bad this year and thats a real shame she is also a really good softball player hit i think 6 homers last year
Magoffin Beat Paintsville At Paintsville By About The Same. Different Refs. Games Over Move On
"BlackCat Fever" Wrote:I have finally moved from "the other site". There is more eastern KY things on here.

I thought this would be a good game and it was. I brought my daughter with me so she could see intense basketbakk the way it should be played. A few observations from what everyone is saying:
1)Calloray Howard outplayed Jarrell tonight. But, Jarrell didn't have much of a chance being whistled for very questionable calls. I thought Calloray got away with anything she wanted.
2)Michaela Howard was whistled for cheap fouls.
3)Where was the State Police when you need them? Ashley Jade Howard mugged everybody all night. She could have killed someone and gotten away with it.
4)Paintsville's #15 was whistled for cheap fouls.
5)Paintsville will not win the region. They have a major handicap in Kendra Carroll. She is a ball hog and all she wants are the glory and the points. I said that after Prestonsburg beat Paintsville at Prestonsburg. She would rather shoot with someone all over her that pass to an open teammate. Most of last night she had her head down trying to drive past a defender and couldn't see open teammates. SHE WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF PAINTSVILLE THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR. Lets just hope she gets a full ride out of itRolleyes .

I hope our girls start playing good again. If we face Paintsville in the region, we know how to beat them. We proved once and we'll prove it again.

#5 is the dumbest thing I think I have ever heard in my life. Kendra carries this team game after game. When she has a bad game everyone has a bad game. She is the heart and sole of the Lady Tigers.
"coacher_06" Wrote:Magoffin Beat Paintsville At Paintsville By About The Same. Different Refs. Games Over Move On

Good point, and good post.

You know when paintsville fans starts complaining about refs thats bad, considering in the past they was the ones who got all the calls. But this game was decently officated. Did i come on here and say the refs were bad at the jc game when magoffin lost? no i didnt and i dont think no magoffin fans did. .
"sportwhiz" Wrote:A tape of every game that Mike Hall calls when Paintsville plays needs to be sent to the KHSAA commissioner. He has shafted PHS every game he has called. He is a coach in the 57th district. How in the hell does he get assigned a district game?????

Guru, why don't we become umpires and try to get every one of SCHS's games. Hell, I wouldn't allow his team to beat a group of 5 year olds. Hall has a personal vendetta against PHS and especially Chelsee Jarrell.

Katie Adams and Chelsee Jarrell couldn't touch anyone without getting a foul. Ashley Howard could bump, slap, grind, and push all night and got 2 fouls??????

I'm done, I'm off here.
Rolleyes
"Ridge Runner" Wrote:Funny how he and his borther called the Paintsville and BL boys game Tuesday night and the Tigers lost a 17 point lead due to foul trouble. HMMM!

:insane: I know both pretty well and I don't think they would cheat anyone.
I went to this game with a friend from MC. It was a good game. Both teams played hard MC was better this time. I really enjoyed the JV game also both teams have some really good ball players for the future. As far as the ref's are concerned,,, they were good and bad calls on both sides and some odd calls,,,LOL Ladies hold your heads up high and be proud of yourself and your team mates and most of all have FUN.
Good Luck to both teams.
I wish I had names for some of the younger players so they could get recognition. If anyone has some names lets give them a pat on the back for a great game played also.
"Super_de" Wrote:Good point, and good post.

You know when paintsville fans starts complaining about refs thats bad, considering in the past they was the ones who got all the calls. But this game was decently officated. Did i come on here and say the refs were bad at the jc game when magoffin lost? no i didnt and i dont think no magoffin fans did. .
Quote from the voice....." Now if anyone wants to compare a "bad" called game vs. a "good" or "average" game than check out MC vs. Jc on Feb. 10 @ JCHS. That game was horrible and everybody knows it on both sides"

And this was from this thread!!!
"BULLRUSH" Wrote:#5 is the dumbest thing I think I have ever heard in my life. Kendra carries this team game after game. When she has a bad game everyone has a bad game. She is the heart and sole of the Lady Tigers.
I'm glad you feel that way. If we face Paintsville in the region, that's a huge if Paintsville even makes it to the region, Kendra can dribble and shoot ti her heart's content. We will beat them again.

Paintsville could easily win the region but their coach and fans really have no clue how to do it. As long as Kendra does what she's doing now, they have no shot.

I'm not going to tell how Paintsville can do it. I'm sure all the region coaches are happy the way Kendra plays.
"BlackCat Fever" Wrote:I'm glad you feel that way. If we face Paintsville in the region, that's a huge if Paintsville even makes it to the region, Kendra can dribble and shoot ti her heart's content. We will beat them again.

Paintsville could easily win the region but their coach and fans really have no clue how to do it. As long as Kendra does what she's doing now, they have no shot.

I'm not going to tell how Paintsville can do it. I'm sure all the region coaches are happy the way Kendra plays.

TRUE, IT'S HARD FOR ONE (1) PLAYER TO BEAT FIVE(5) PLAYERS. WHEN THE POINT GUARD DOES ALL OF THE BALL HANDLING AND ALL OF THE SHOOTING IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN AGAINST A GOOD TEAM.
"The Guru" Wrote:Quote from the voice....." Now if anyone wants to compare a "bad" called game vs. a "good" or "average" game than check out MC vs. Jc on Feb. 10 @ JCHS. That game was horrible and everybody knows it on both sides"

And this was from this thread!!!

FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. YOU GUYS GOT BEAT SO QUIT WHINNING ABOUT IT.

AND ALSO SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH THAT ONE FEMALE FAN YOU GUYS HAVE WHO HAS THE STRINGY BLONDE HAIR.

IT'S NOT KOOL FOR HER TO STAND THERE ALL NIGHT AND CUSS LITTLE 15,16 AND 17 YEAR OLDS BECAUSE HER SISTER IS PLAYING AGAINST THEM.

WHAT ARE YOU LIKE 6 OR 7 YEARS OLDER THAN THEM?

YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE THE ADULT.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:How many baskets did Calloray get against Jarrell seeing that she wasn't in the game very much due to foul trouble.

Thats part of the game to stay out of foul trouble. She started the game for Paintsville, got called for fouls and had to sit.
Are you saying that had the ref's not been there and no fouls called Calloray wouldn't have done very good.
Jarrell could have been called for 4 fouls in the first half on reach in's but they said she striped the ball cleanly.

Calloray is just too fast for Jarrell to try to guard out on the floor and thats what lead to Jarrell getting into foul trouble.

You guys got your hopes up playing weak teams in the All "A". Your back in the 57th now and nothings easy.
I agree with the fact that Calloray is much quicker than Jarrell. If you want proof, look at the tape late in the game when Calloray was all over Kendra Caroll and Kendra had to back the ball out and start the offense over again, cause she couldn't get past Calloray.

The fact of the matter is that Magoffin is IMO the best team in the 15th region, hands down, but Paintsville isn't a push over. They really lost a great deal last year when Ashley Hall graduated. She was the player that made huge baskets when the Lady Tigers needed them. Don't get me wrong, but Paintsville has a very good starting five, but drops off significantly after that. They need to develop two players for next season. They need to fill the huge whole on the post that will be made with the graduation of Jarrell and they need to find a player that can provide the spark for the Lady Tigers, just as Ashley Hall did. Kendra and Laura provides a spark, but they actually need someone else to provide some big baskets.

Magoffin will need to fill the whole on the post that will be created by Calloray's graduation. This can be done simply by placing #5 Freshman Breanna Adams or #33 Freshman Bryanna Marshall on the block. Coach Miller also has the option of putting #42 Sophomore Megan Powers and #15 Junior Michaela Howard on the post and starting #21 Freshman Ashley Hall at the 3 spot. This will probably be the best option. Since Ashley Hall has proven herself over and over.

As for the rest of this season, it is my opinion that Magoffin has got back into a groove after they lost to Johnson Central. Paintsville will bounce back after this loss and hopefully will pull out a win against Central tonight.

As for the ref's, if you don't like Mike Hall as an official, it's simple what you need to do, Contact the assigning secretary and have Mike Hall black balled from officiating any of Paintsville's games.

One question for the Paintsville faithful, who officiated the first game between Paintsville and Magoffin? Remember, Magoffin had a 19 point win at your place.

Futhermore, the biggest factor in this contest was that Coach Baldwin made a huge mistake. Why did he ever come out of the zone in the 3rd quarter? I would have much rather stayed in the zone and let Ashley Jade dribble the clock out and went into the 4th quarter down by 5 points with players that had fresh legs, rather than going into the fourth quarter down by 9 and my girls gasping for air.

Finally, I would like to wish both teams ( Lady Hornets and Lady Tiger) the best of luck in the remainder of the season and District and Regional Tournaments. These are to groups of great young ladies.
:Cheerlead
"HomeGrown" Wrote:Ryan what do you mean a typical Homegrown post, just because I dont always cry like most other fans....call me and i'd love to come and watch some games with you maybe me and your sister could share some pizza, thats if she would let go of the box......just kidding man. I love you and we are good friends but you have no clue who this is....GO TIGERS

You say go Tigers and then make fun of Chelsee??? "That's if she would let go of the box". If you are a Tiger fan, I'm sure you're one of the ones that come up to Chelsee and give her congrats after a game. I don't know who you are and I don't care. I'm sure you know who I am. It would be best to keep your identity a secret.
I always write down the officials of evry game PHS plays.

Mike Hall and Mike Walker were the officials in the first match up.
"coacher_06" Wrote:Magoffin Beat Paintsville At Paintsville By About The Same. Different Refs. Games Over Move On
Same refs, Mike Hall and Mike Walker