Poll: Who wins the first round 2nd class play off game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Middlesboro Yellow Jackets
30.77%
Prestonsburg Blackcats
69.23%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Prestonsburg First Round Class 2A Playoffs 11/7
The previous thread was closed because several members were teetering on the edge of revealing identities and making personal attacks.

That will not be tolerated on this site. Read the rules and follow them or you're gone. It's really simple.

Continue on with the discussion, and feel free to discuss the game, but be cautious. We will be keeping an eye on this one.

Continue on...
Dang I don't remember who I pick Confusederiously:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The previous thread was closed because several members were teetering on the edge of revealing identities and making personal attacks.

That will not be tolerated on this site. Read the rules and follow them or you're gone. It's really simple.

Continue on with the discussion, and feel free to discuss the game, but be cautious. We will be keeping an eye on this one.

Continue on...
Thank you.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The previous thread was closed because several members were teetering on the edge of revealing identities and making personal attacks.

Continue on...

Thanks so much.
Back to the ballgame...I hope Middlesboro shows up to play. Won't be headed that way, so keep updates coming.
Prestonsburg by 12.
Jackets come out swinging, if they play like they are capable of and just hold on. I'm going to say can go either way.
May be the most even matchup of the opening weekend in terms of talent. But I'm picking Prestonsburg based on coaching and if they don't forget they have a kicker (hint, take the points when they're there, Coach D, just saying). Lol.
Yes, this IS an evenly matched game!!

I'm going with the Blackcats, since they are once again healthy!!

Prestonsburg by 13; play safely guys...don't want any more injuries this year!!!

#1BlackcatFan will have a seizure before this one is over!!!

Oh, if any body wants to know Gut's identity, just drop me a PM.
:lmao::lmao:
I need some questions answered before I pick ! who's in and who's out does anyone have an injury report on these teams ? Is Barton still injured for MBoro ?
Granny Bear Wrote:Yes, this IS an evenly matched game!!

I'm going with the Blackcats, since they are once again healthy!!

Prestonsburg by 13; play safely guys...don't want any more injuries this year!!!

#1BlackcatFan will have a seizure before this one is over!!!

Oh, if any body wants to know Gut's identity, just drop me a PM.
:lmao::lmao:

THAT is the question, imo !! I know 3 players have had season enders, but as for all the strains/sprains/etc... I don't know.
Well I heard everyone who COULD play is back. Now, that was second handed so maybe I spoke too soon.

In any event, magic seems to happen in post season play....I'm excited for it to begin.
Heck of a first round game. I'm taking Middlesboro 30-24.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well I heard everyone who COULD play is back. Now, that was second handed so maybe I spoke too soon.

In any event, magic seems to happen in post season play....I'm excited for it to begin.

oneijoe is correct. We have 3 out for the year and a few who are still banged up. I just hope they are a little more healed for the playoffs. We have some tough young men playing with the pain right now.
P-burg has lost 4 for the season. Marcum, Goodman, Click, and Nelson. Slone, George, and Goble are injured and probably will not play. Spears, and Ousley are back but not 100%
Then this game is going to be a tough one for Prestonsburg!!!

The Jackets are no slouches.

Could be very close!!
Best game by far in any class in the first round.
dang it guys got my thread closed thanks lol... jk.. seriously though I forgot my score I picked now... I do think my Jackets get it done though or I hope anyways...
Middlesboro-33
Prestonsburg-29
Any news on Barton and other injuries for Middlesboro?
Was told Barton would be back for playoffs. Hope so. Jackets need Pittman and Barton doing it together. Let's hope Brock is on fire as well.
If Barton is back Jackets by a touchdown. He can make a difference. Great to hear he will play.
Just heard a senior quit the team. Anybody know who?
hawg laig Wrote:P-burg has lost 4 for the season. Marcum, Goodman, Click, and Nelson. Slone, George, and Goble are injured and probably will not play. Spears, and Ousley are back but not 100%

Click is the one I didn't know about. Depth on the fronts is a real potential problem...

Confusedhh:
No news yet on Barton or big noise tackle !?! The new freshman Qb is a breath of fresh air for the Jackets. He is talented and will make up some ground but if Barton isn't available Prestonsburg puts up big points and steam rolls the Jackets. If he's available then this is a close game.
After reading about injuries, going with Middlesboro on this one. If they can contain Frasure, I think we'll pull this one out. Was told Barton would be back for playoffs, looks like I spoke out of turn. Seems like people are still not sure. Jackets have been capable of winning all along, something somewhere has went wrong. Won't give my opinion again, I step on too many toes.
Number One Fan Wrote:After reading about injuries, going with Middlesboro on this one. If they can contain Frasure, I think we'll pull this one out. Was told Barton would be back for playoffs, looks like I spoke out of turn. Seems like people are still not sure. Jackets have been capable of winning all along, something somewhere has went wrong. Won't give my opinion again, I step on too many toes.

Jarrell seems to be P-burg's "forgotten" man. In the Leslie Co. loss he ran for 112 yds on 18 carries. It's not easy to contain both Frasure -and- Jarrell in the run game.

I'd like to see a little more of the short/intermediate passing game P-burg showed early season. It would force the opposing LBs to play honest. The last few games the LBs have been crashing the gaps on the snap. The Blackcats have concentrated on the offensive run game so much it has hurt the passing game's efficiency - Jarrell has developed a hesitation in his release. The receivers aren't doing as good a job working open on the QB rollout, either - it just hasn't been run as much this year and they're not as sharp as a result.
oneijoe Wrote:Jarrell seems to be P-burg's "forgotten" man. In the Leslie Co. loss he ran for 112 yds on 18 carries. It's not easy to contain both Frasure -and- Jarrell in the run game.

I'd like to see a little more of the short/intermediate passing game P-burg showed early season. It would force the opposing LBs to play honest. The last few games the LBs have been crashing the gaps on the snap. The Blackcats have concentrated on the offensive run game so much it has hurt the passing game's efficiency - Jarrell has developed a hesitation in his release. The receivers aren't doing as good a job working open on the QB rollout, either - it just hasn't been run as much this year and they're not as sharp as a result.

In the game I watched Jarrell seemed to be very accurate with his arm, but you're right if that part of your offense isn't utilized then you lose confidence in it and the next play you just go right back to your bread and butter. I'm surprised they haven't added more play-action into their offense? That would definitely open up better lanes for Frasure and more options during difficult yardage situations. From what I've seen they are more than capable.
Jackets take this in a close one... 28-27
Lot's of people selling Middlesboro Short. Any Team that can beat Bell Co. can beat anyone on a given night. I look for Middlesboro to surprise the Black Cats. Stung by a Yellow Jacket. 35-28.
Just got the news Barton finished for the year, two other seniors quit and two more under classmen hurt and will not play. I hope Barton continues his career at the next level, he can play.