Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest running back youve seen from your school?
Adam Clark and Andre Jackson from ashland
Ron blume from JC is fast
Jonothan Mcpeek for Shelby Valley...he ran a 4.5 close to a 4.4...but you would swear watching him play he was faster..I have to say Johnboy played a lot faster than what he is...
Chad Branham and Nathan Mullins where both fast for ER.
At SF- B.J. Bryant is the best back to come from there. He was amazing to watch. He ran a 4.40 40 yard dash at the Hazard combine his soph. year before he tore his ACL.

Ketrin wasn't a very fast straight line runner. I watched BJ run off and leave him our freshman year which was Ketrin's senior year. How ever Ketrin had the quickest feet between the tackles. He could make ya miss.....
Johnathon Mcpeek-Shelby Valley
All the 4.3s and 4.4s on here are ridiculous.

The only true 4.4 I have seen in the last couple years is David Jones.
well as of now it would have to be daniel pugh or even hunter preston
but the fastest ive seen in person would have to be ron blume
BigSlick Wrote:All the 4.3s and 4.4s on here are ridiculous.

The only true 4.4 I have seen in the last couple years is David Jones.

BJ ran the 4.4 in 98 at a combine in Hazard. You must have not watched him play. he was a legit 4.4.....
PantherPride68 Wrote:Steve Bailey and J.I. Joplin at Pikeville.
Steve was before my time but i played with J.I. All he needed was half a step on anyone and he was gone!
TATE_64 Wrote:BJ ran the 4.4 in 98 at a combine in Hazard. You must have not watched him play. he was a legit 4.4.....

No, he wasn't.

Thanks for the laugh though.:thumb:
D. Jones was like lightning. Loved watching him play.
Fastest running back ever at Sheldon Clark was probably Brad Tiller. Could have played big time college football but chose to play baseball instead. At one point was cosidered one of the two fastest players in the CLeveland Indians orginization along with Kenny Lofton.
Tiller was a legit 4.3 in the 40. Believe it or not I saw it played football with hiim in HIgh School
moofer Wrote:Tiller was a legit 4.3 in the 40. Believe it or not I saw it played football with hiim in HIgh School

No, he wasn't.....But he was really fast. He and Jones are about the only legit 4.4 guys I have seen in high school.
Yes he was I watched him run it. Saw it with my own eyes. Thats enough for me.
BigSlick Wrote:No, he wasn't.....But he was really fast. He and Jones are about the only legit 4.4 guys I have seen in high school.

yeh he was a 4.3 , guarenteed. i guess you just dont wanna belevie anyone was faster then your beloved david jones.Rolleyes
He may have been in the 4.3's but I guarantee he wasnt a 4.3 flat, that is what Micheal Vick runs they are a big differance in a few hundreths of a second... The fastest Jones has ever been clocked at combine or anything was 4.38 at the Nike Combine, but he told me he was clocked at track practice at 4.33. He also holds the state record in kentucky high school in the 100M dash at 10.1 I think. He is now a track star at UK...
BigSlick Wrote:No, he wasn't.

Thanks for the laugh though.:thumb:

Yes he was......:thumb: Did you watch him at the combine.....

I don't know what your laughing at.

You never saw him play. Granted he wasn't a 4.40 after his sophmore year. He tore an ACL and after he was healed he was a 4.5 his junior and Senior year.
SVHSFootball Wrote:Jonothan Mcpeek for Shelby Valley...he ran a 4.5 close to a 4.4...but you would swear watching him play he was faster..I have to say Johnboy played a lot faster than what he is...

First, there is no way he ran a 4.4....
Second, there is no way you would swear he is faster

4.6 at best!!!
Greg Hackney was FAST...he holds the Pikeville High School 100-meter record!
corndog23 Wrote:yeh he was a 4.3 , guarenteed. i guess you just dont wanna belevie anyone was faster then your beloved david jones.Rolleyes

It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to say he was faster than David Jones, but he wasn't.

7 out of 10 times Jones would outrun him, but thats pretty darn good anyway if you ask me.
BigSlick Wrote:It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to say he was faster than David Jones, but he wasn't.

7 out of 10 times Jones would outrun him, but thats pretty darn good anyway if you ask me.

How can you say that? The two never stepped on the same field. They never played a common opponent. They didn't even play in the same decade. They were both really fast, but to say Jones would out run him is a statment that you could never back up and is just stupid. There is no right or wrong here. Bottom line is if either of these kids got a step on anyone then it was over. Go ahead and put 6 points on the board because they were gone. Both had jets. No point in saying facts that have no reasoning behind them since you can't back them up. Tiller and Jones are the two of the fastest players I have ever seen in high school. Tiller looked quicker than Jones on the field, but Jones always pulled away from everyone and I know some of the kids he left could move so it is a toss up.
Call it what you want, my opinion vs. yours, but I am of the opinion that Jones is/was faster. Seen them both play more than a couple of times and Jones had better wheels.

Hey, but thats just my opinon.....and you know what they say about opinions.Wink

No need to get your panties in a wad.

BTW.....I could back it up. You go get Tiller, I'll go get Jones and we'll let them settle the argument for us.:Wave:
BigSlick Wrote:Call it what you want, my opinion vs. yours, but I am of the opinion that Jones is/was faster. Seen them both play more than a couple of times and Jones had better wheels.

Hey, but thats just my opinon.....and you know what they say about opinions.Wink

BTW.....I could back it up. You go get Tiller, I'll go get Jones and we'll let them settle the argument for us.:Wave:

Tiller is near or over 30 years old with kids of his own. Jones is a college athlete. There would be no comparison now. That is not the topic of this thread. The topic was fastest you have ever seen. That means when they were playing not when they are 30 after major knee surgery. The fact of the matter is you can not support the point you made that Jones could out run Tiller 7 of 10 times. That was and still is a stupid thing to say. The players were spread over years and competition. Nobody will ever know who was faster. Why do you continue to make yourself sound stupid by saying things that descrace the great Belfry community. Even people who coached the kids would agree with me that you can't say one was faster than the other. There is no way to tell.
BigSlick Wrote:Call it what you want, my opinion vs. yours, but I am of the opinion that Jones is/was faster. Seen them both play more than a couple of times and Jones had better wheels.

Well that wouldn't be fair would it since Tiller is about 10 years older than Jones. Come on lol. Besides Till goes bout 250 now lol.:ChairHit:
i bet tiller is a better baseball player lol
Josh Gross last year ran a 4.3- 40 ask IDOC on BGP he will back it up, he should know. Some say he a ran a 4.28 at a camp this year. Dont know was not there but the 4.3 was legit.
Keep in mind I'm talkin about JC but id have to say Ron Blume