Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at this Williamsburg fans
Home field is big but not 27 or 40 points big.
I've been out every Friday since 1985 watching football, good roads or bad.
It is what it is the good ones deal with it the wannaBs talk about it on Bluegrass Rivals.
topnotch Wrote:It is what it is the good ones deal with it the wannaBs talk about it on Bluegrass Rivals.

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wburg 63
Pikeville 7

If Pikeville makes it that far.

Confusednicker:
topnotch Wrote:It is what it is the good ones deal with it the wannaBs talk about it on Bluegrass Rivals.

:biglmao::biglmao:
Can we get some Stan Lovett commentary on here, please?
And the never have beens continue to try and sit at the big kid table. You almost sound like a Johnson Central fan. Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Can we get some Stan Lovitt commentary on here, please?

Yes,Yes,Yes massey to the 50,40,35,34,30,25,20,15,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Touchdown williamsburg. wrap it in orange,wrap it in black. The Burg has come to play...I loved this team :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
64SUR Wrote:Yes,Yes,Yes massey to the 50,40,35,34,30,25,20,15,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Touchdown williamsburg. wrap it in orange,wrap it in black. The Burg has come to play...I loved this team :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Stan, is it really you? we have a receiver over here and a receiver over there.the give to Massey and he dives to the 40 and dives to the 30 still on his feet and dives to the 20 to the 10Confusednicker:
Can someone tell the mayfield boys its ok to post on this thread..Pikeville poster will take it easy on you y'all Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Can someone tell the mayfield boys its ok to post on this thread..Pikeville poster will take it easy on you y'all Confusednicker:

They will be on here when they get over their hangovers :biglmao:
Calpreps also picks Trinity to beat X. X beat them by 14 week before last.
Raceland could not have beat Williamsburg if they played on the moon last year. Pikeville can not say the same.
I believe Calpreps had Pikeville favored in that game.
E's Army Wrote:I believe Calpreps had Pikeville favored in that game.

Pikeville and hazard could be 0-10 and Calpreps still would have them favored over any other 1A schools in the east...:Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:Pikeville and hazard could be 0-10 and Calpreps still would have them favored over any other 1A schools in the east...:Sad04:
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride, eh? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Why's Mayfield taking so long to reply? lol

You guys are scary. I'm taking my ball and going home! :football:
Any body from Pikeville ever hear of Bill Scott?
There was A song about Bill it went like this Dirty Bill from Pikeville never washes never will he was one of the best guys you ever met. I think his Dad owned A auto dealership not sure.
jetpilot Wrote:This is the team that beat you by 100 on a neutral field. And you would have to come to Pikeville if that game happens.:flame:

[SIZE=6][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4][SIZE=1]neutral field
[2014] Pikeville (KY) 33, [2013] Mayfield (KY) 31

calpreps

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

I don't understand the 100pts Jetpilot :please: explain to BGR Fans or just me. :thanks:
64SUR Wrote:I don't understand the 100pts Jetpilot :please: explain to BGR Fans or just me. :thanks:

He is just exaggerating a bit on how bad Mayfield beat Williamsburg on a neutral field in the championship.

Jetpilot stop confusing my little buddy. He is special. Confusedmoke:

I'm just confused on where all of the confidence comes from? Williamsburg barely put up 150 yards of total offense in the championship game last year? Not only that, but all you hear is how they returned their whole team when in fact the kid that got 90% of those yards graduated. So what you actually have returning is a couple kids that combined to put up 60 or 70 yards of offense in the state championship. I'm going to put my bet on Hazard beating Williamsburg based on them returning all the players that put up over 330+ yards of offense against them. Williamsburg deserves respect for getting to the state championship last year, but their whole offense was made possible from a player they no longer have. So if you say "well they return mostly everybody," you have to also include the one person they didn't have come back was the one person responsible for their offensive output. It is not the same team as last year, not even close. You can't take away a team's offense and claim you have everybody returning.
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm just confused on where all of the confidence comes from? Williamsburg barely put up 150 yards of total offense in the championship game last year? Not only that, but all you hear is how they returned their whole team when in fact the kid that got 90% of those yards graduated. So what you actually have returning is a couple kids that combined to put up 60 or 70 yards of offense in the state championship. I'm going to put my bet on Hazard beating Williamsburg based on them returning all the players that put up over 330+ yards of offense against them. Williamsburg deserves respect for getting to the state championship last year, but their whole offense was made possible from a player they no longer have. So if you say "well they return mostly everybody," you have to also include the one person they didn't have come back was the one person responsible for their offensive output. It is not the same team as last year, not even close. You can't take away a team's offense and claim you have everybody returning.

You haven't watched Skylar Griffith play have you? he was injured and didn't play in last year's championship game. Do your ciphering and see what percentage of the yardage he has for Williamsburg.:blondetea
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm just confused on where all of the confidence comes from? Williamsburg barely put up 150 yards of total offense in the championship game last year? Not only that, but all you hear is how they returned their whole team when in fact the kid that got 90% of those yards graduated. So what you actually have returning is a couple kids that combined to put up 60 or 70 yards of offense in the state championship. I'm going to put my bet on Hazard beating Williamsburg based on them returning all the players that put up over 330+ yards of offense against them. Williamsburg deserves respect for getting to the state championship last year, but their whole offense was made possible from a player they no longer have. So if you say "well they return mostly everybody," you have to also include the one person they didn't have come back was the one person responsible for their offensive output. It is not the same team as last year, not even close. You can't take away a team's offense and claim you have everybody returning.

massey and skyler replace one Dalton sizemore i would say thats a better team this year.....DOUBLE TROUBLE IN THE BACKFIELD baseball 1974....Hell is coming :devilflam....I THINK
64SUR Wrote:massey and skyler replace one Dalton sizemore i would say thats a better team this year.....DOUBLE TROUBLE IN THE BACKFIELD baseball 1974....Hell is coming :devilflam....I THINK

:biglmao:
Here's my take on Williamsburg vs last years Williamsburg.. Sizemore was a decent QB, but, he wasn't that athletic back there and Mayfield's pressure gave him fits.. I believe Skyler's a better athlete with more foot speed and he'll be able to avoid the pressure better than Sizemore.. Not sure how his arm compares, but, if it's close to Sizemores, then I'd take him over Dalton.. Not sure what the WRs name was for the Burg last year, but, I think he was an underclassman and he had some great hands that could catch it if it were anywhere close and he was pretty tall, which will give teams with smaller DBs some trouble.. In 2013, W'Burg lacked a running game and Mayfield pinned there ears back and pressured the QB in bunches.. Massey is better than anything they had last year and he'll cause teams to respect the run and not just blitz from everywhere. Plus, Skylar can tuck it and run so you may wanna be more careful with the pressures.. Now, last year, Mayfields OL/DL owned W'Burgs OL/DL..I'm assuming the fact that most of those guys are back and a year stronger and more mature that they'd fare better this year than last.. I do believe this years W'Burg team is likely much better than last year, simply due to maturity and better athleticism in the backfield.. In reality, they should be ranked #2 in 1a.. People beat up on there schedule and let's face it, it's not as strong as some other teams, however, it was the same last year and it didn't seem to bother them as they were cakewalking thru the eastside of the bracket.. I have no doubt that the Jackets would have competed quite well with some of the better teams on the other 1a teams schedule..
Nice synopsis!!
KYHSFBFan Wrote:however, it was the same last year and it didn't seem to bother them as they were cakewalking thru the eastside of the bracket..

Not quite.
The teams are the same for the most part, but the schedule is much weaker.

Last year Wburg played:
5A North Laurel 8-3 (14-31 L)
3A Pike Central 7-6 (48-26 W)
3A Wayne County 14-1 (12-40 L)

This Year Wburg plays:
5A South Laurel *2-8 (44-7 W)
3A Pike Central *6-6 (42-14 W)
3A Wayne County *4-8 (52-21 W)
2A Newport *8-5 (31-22 W)
*= Most Likely Season Ending Record

-North Laurel from 2013 is a much better team than South Laurel in 2014.
-Pike Central in 2013 was a much better team that Pike Central in 2014.
- Wayne County in 2013 was night and day difference from this year's version

- I didn't include Harrison County and Knoxville Halls but these were two bad teams last year, and two bad teams this year

+ The only positive is in place of their 9 Game Schedule they added Newport who isn't a half bad team. Thanks to a very weak region I expect Newport to play for a Regional Title. It doesn't help though that the best team Wburg has faced and struggled to beat is a team who will probably finish with 5 losses on the season.

Bottom line is that Wburg is not remotely as challenging as it was last year and truth be told I think their schedule last year is what helped propel them in the playoffs having seen quality bigger schools including an outstanding Wayne County team who kicked their teeth in. This year, outside of a decent Newport, Wburg will not see a good team until the Regional Finals. Big disadvantage. Steel sharpens steel. Marshmallows make steel sticky. Big Grin
Williamsburg laid an egg last year when they played in the finals, happens sometimes. I'm sure the coaching staff and players learned plenty from that experience and if they are fortunate enough to get there again, will show the doubters that they belong. I hope they get that chance.
64, come on man!!! You watched that game last year didn't you? If Skyler had been playing the math might have shown another 30 yards for the burg. he would have been lucky to catch a pass. Just about every pass thrown by Dalton last year was either knocked down or intercepted by one of our db's.