Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 13 Taylor Co 8
pjdoug Wrote:I would think any football player would want to play in that.

Cool, maybe chilly fall evening yeah, but not soaking/ drenched wet cleats, socks, uniform. Who wants that?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I'll bet the coaching staff at Lex Cath along with all the coaching staffs of Taylor County's district and regional opponents are hoping Dudley finds somewhere else to take his talents! Lol......

I would also bet that the Taylor County administration hopes that Dudley will consider coaching out his career there at TC.....

I guess Boyle Co and Lex Cath are very lucky then that they are moving out and into another classification ( 3A )next season then. Wouldn't want to stay and play in that district with Dudley. LOL
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I'll bet the coaching staff at Lex Cath along with all the coaching staffs of Taylor County's district and regional opponents are hoping Dudley finds somewhere else to take his talents! Lol......

I would also bet that the Taylor County administration hopes that Dudley will consider coaching out his career there at TC.....

I hope he takes his talents somewhere else too :biglmao:
FBfan4life Wrote:Cool, maybe chilly fall evening yeah, but not soaking/ drenched wet cleats, socks, uniform. Who wants that?

if you're afraid to get wet and dirty you shouldn't play football. my team has played in those conditions three times this yearConfusednicker:
FBfan4life Wrote:I guess Boyle Co and Lex Cath are very lucky then that they are moving out and into another classification ( 3A )next season then. Wouldn't want to stay and play in that district with Dudley. LOL

:biglmao:
cctiger Wrote:Thats not why Boyle went to a turf field. They got the turf field 13 years after dudley played them when he was at Bourbon. Boyle got a turf field because they tried to grow grass and it wouldn't grow then it got flooded and they had to play all their games at Centre.
S
You left out a whole lot during those years like a new field that turned out to be a waste of money because the contractors screwed everything up the playing surface was packed to tight to grow about anything, I far as I know Boyle only played 1 game at Centre college.If you'll read my post I said it was my opinion that the Bourbon game was why they eventually went to turf I know for a fact that game prompted them to build the new field because my boss at the time was chairman of the school board.to be a Danville fan you sure try to keep up with Boyle football.Boyle lost to Bourbon in 97, and I believe they got the turf in 2008.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I remember Boyle beat Bourbon like 35 to 7 in the regular season, and lost to them in the playoffs on Boyles field which was a mud hole after a week of heavy rain IMO that very game is why Boyle eventually went to a turf field.

That game. The Lafayette game one year. The Russell County game in '79. A lot of times that field hurt the home team. :Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:S
You left out a whole lot during those years like a new field that turned out to be a waste of money because the contractors screwed everything up the playing surface was packed to tight to grow about anything, I far as I know Boyle only played 1 game at Centre college.If you'll read my post I said it was my opinion that the Bourbon game was why they eventually went to turf I know for a fact that game prompted them to build the new field because my boss at the time was chairman of the school board.to be a Danville fan you sure try to keep up with Boyle football.Boyle lost to Bourbon in 97, and I believe they got the turf in 2008.

Actually I think it was 2010 when the Turf came. :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:I would think any football player would want to play in that.

You might unless the line in front of you outweighs you by 30 lbs per person and your game is built on attacking the ends and the outside. :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote::biglmao:

Dudley wont be at Taylor long, this year and he is gone to another school.
Hatz Wrote:You might unless the line in front of you outweighs you by 30 lbs per person and your game is built on attacking the ends and the outside. :Thumbs:

You still shouldn't be afraid to get dirty or wet or you shouldn't be playing football lol
former Wrote:Dudley wont be at Taylor long, this year and he is gone to another school.

seriously?
pjdoug Wrote:seriously?
Middlesboro is pursuing him secretly through back channels. Bobby Petrino loaned them a jet and recommended a low key airport. Oh wait......:biggrin:
PHSForever Wrote:Middlesboro is pursuing him secretly through back channels. Bobby Petrino loaned them a jet and recommended a low key airport. Oh wait......:biggrin:

:lmao:
Hatz Wrote:Actually I think it was 2010 when the Turf came. :Thumbs:

I was at the school this morning turning in some paper work so I inquired about the turf it was installed the spring of 2009 this is the 6th year it has been used which is what I should have said in my post when I said 08 I meant after the 08 season.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was at the school this morning turning in some paper work so I inquired about the turf it was installed the spring of 2009 this is the 6th year it has been used which is what I should have said in my post when I said 08 I meant after the 08 season.

Cool. I thought it was 2010 because I thought the Bell Co game was played in the mud at Boyle in 2009 and there was a thought to move the game to Centre. Just a thought but not really considered. Cool.
Is Cotton Adams coaching with Dudley?
Taylor Co, is Dudley from that area?
I like Dudley and he is a GREAT coach!!
Middlesboro is not interested in him.. Coach Massengill is doing a great job and will be at the Boro for many years.
topnotch Wrote:Is Cotton Adams coaching with Dudley?

Yes,Cotton is coaching with him.
Where is Dudley living? His daughter and her family live in Bardstown. He is from Washington County.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was at the school this morning turning in some paper work so I inquired about the turf it was installed the spring of 2009 this is the 6th year it has been used which is what I should have said in my post when I said 08 I meant after the 08 season.

Hatz Wrote:Cool. I thought it was 2010 because I thought the Bell Co game was played in the mud at Boyle in 2009 and there was a thought to move the game to Centre. Just a thought but not really considered. Cool.

Hatz you are correct. The first year for Boyle's turf was the 2010 football season. Installed Spring/Summer 2010. That year they beat Allen County Scottsville for their 7th. State Championship ( Lamar's Sr. year). The previous year Boyle Beat Bell County on a last second field goal by Barsotti 13-10 on a home grass field. 2 weeks earlier they Boyle moved the West Jessamine game to Centre because of a poor field. Hatz you are :1:
cctiger Wrote:Thats not why Boyle went to a turf field. They got the turf field 13 years after dudley played them when he was at Bourbon. Boyle got a turf field because they tried to grow grass and it wouldn't grow then it got flooded and they had to play all their games at Centre.

Actually only 1 game was moved to Centre. West Jessamine was played at Centre on November 19th. 2009. Playoffs games against Bourbon County, LexCath and Bell was played at Boyle.
pjdoug Wrote:You still shouldn't be afraid to get dirty or wet or you shouldn't be playing football lol

Im with you Pj. That is what makes football great. I loved games like that. You are not a football player if you shy a way from bad weather games. :Cheerlead :lame:
Originally Posted by pjdoug You still shouldn't be afraid to get dirty or wet or you shouldn't be playing football lol

That's why it's the great game that it is!