Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 13 Taylor Co 8
final
Wow good game Taylor county...:Cheerlead
Much closer than most expected. Congrats to Lex Cath.
Not impressed.
Interesting.
To think Boyle beat Taylor 38 to 6 a couple games ago, looks like LC took a step backwards tonight.
Dudley about pulled a shoooooooocker
I would imagine Taylor County having not one but two of the best coaches ever in Dudley Hilton and Cotton Adams, is making them better.
Kentucky high school football is an unsolvable mystery for me this season.
Why you can't compare scores.
E's Army Wrote:Why you can't compare scores.

Didn't say I was comparing scores. Simply judging two teams based off their performances so far this season. But thank you anyways, I'd never heard that before.
pjdoug Wrote:I would imagine Taylor County having not one but two of the best coaches ever in Dudley Hilton and Cotton Adams, is making them better.

Id take those two on the Whitley sideline any day.
Between those two, there is probably more football knowledge than the rest of the coaches in the state combined.
Ro I was agreeing with you. Not questioning your logic. High school football is a magical mystery tour. Dudley may have something to do with Taylor's improvement.
E's Army Wrote:Ro I was agreeing with you. Not questioning your logic. High school football is a magical mystery tour. Dudley may have something to do with Taylor's improvement.

Yes has had a lot to do with their improvement but I say the weather has to do with the scoreof tthis one.
Old school and both are great coaches.. Taylor Co might make it to Knox central first round.. I would say the difference in the score between Boyle and Cath was Dudley and cotton had another week to prepare the kids..
Can you imagine taking over a team that was 0-3 mid year and win with them... Coaching at its best..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Old school and both are great coaches.. Taylor Co might make it to Knox central first round.. I would say the difference in the score between Boyle and Cath was Dudley and cotton had another week to prepare the kids..
Can you imagine taking over a team that was 0-3 mid year and win with them... Coaching at its best..

If thats the case by seasons end old Dudley may win another state title with Taylor co.:biggrin:
Sloppy field slowed down LC. That is Dud's type of weather.
This score shocked everybody. Can't say sloppy weather stopped them. Lex Cath has the leading rusher in 4A! Taylor county has probably worked on fundamentals and Lex Cath tried to take a week off. Happens all the time.
I don't think you can read anything in to this score. Dud is going to be prepared no matter who he plays and with the weather I was not shocked with this score. I think if you use any game last night to base how good a team is you might be way off. The officials don't want to be there the fans don't and after half I don't think the players do. I am speaking about all the games not just this one.
Farmmgr Wrote:I don't think you can read anything in to this score. Dud is going to be prepared no matter who he plays and with the weather I was not shocked with this score. I think if you use any game last night to base how good a team is you might be way off. The officials don't want to be there the fans don't and after half I don't think the players do. I am speaking about all the games not just this one.

I'm sorry but I don't see the logic in that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Id take those two on the Whitley sideline any day.
Between those two, there is probably more football knowledge than the rest of the coaches in the state combined.

I agree. call them and get them on the Colonels staffSmile
Jack Lambert Wrote:If thats the case by seasons end old Dudley may win another state title with Taylor co.:biggrin:

look what he did at Bourbon CountyConfusednicker:
E's Army Wrote:Ro I was agreeing with you. Not questioning your logic. High school football is a magical mystery tour. Dudley may have something to do with Taylor's improvement.

My mistake, I took it out of context I guess. Apologies.
Well if you don't see the logic in that, what do you want me to say? Let me try this. With the weather and bad field conditions a lot of the games last night were toss ups. It so happens that you have conditions like last night very few times during a season in most cases. Catholic is a passing and spread team. The conditions were not favorable at all to that. The majority of teams these days are air it out offenses. So with the weather, it affected a lot of teams last night and turned the games into a ground and pound. Do you see the logic in that. I would draw a picture for you but I don't see that application on here.
pjdoug Wrote:look what he did at Bourbon CountyConfusednicker:

I remember Boyle beat Bourbon like 35 to 7 in the regular season, and lost to them in the playoffs on Boyles field which was a mud hole after a week of heavy rain IMO that very game is why Boyle eventually went to a turf field.
Playoff weather and conditions.
Thats not why Boyle went to a turf field. They got the turf field 13 years after dudley played them when he was at Bourbon. Boyle got a turf field because they tried to grow grass and it wouldn't grow then it got flooded and they had to play all their games at Centre.
If you needed a snorkel, goggles, swimming fins and not to mention natural turf/ dirt that turned into mud.. then it was not a good night for football. Condition was not the type for Lex Cath offense, but to say they took a step back... Come on! Have you not seen the field at Taylor Co? 2-3 feet of under water. Who would want to play in that?
FBfan4life Wrote:If you needed a snorkel, goggles, swimming fins and not to mention natural turf/ dirt that turned into mud.. then it was not a good night for football. Condition was not the type for Lex Cath offense, but to say they took a step back... Come on! Have you not seen the field at Taylor Co? 2-3 feet of under water. Who would want to play in that?

I would think any football player would want to play in that.
I'll bet the coaching staff at Lex Cath along with all the coaching staffs of Taylor County's district and regional opponents are hoping Dudley finds somewhere else to take his talents! Lol......

I would also bet that the Taylor County administration hopes that Dudley will consider coaching out his career there at TC.....