Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking strength of schedules for top 8 1a teams
PHSForever Wrote:.... So you like to bash some of your own fans? Hmmm. Reverse psychology I guess?

:popcorn:

I'm a Whitley County fan . I might even bash myself Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Starting to like this baseball guy.....just sayin. :popcorn:

Dudley, is it you?
pjdoug Wrote:I never would have guessed that Williamsburg would be 8th on a list of 8 Confusednicker:

Are you telling us something or are you pointing this out? Not sure about you old buddy Pi dough.
topnotch Wrote:Are you telling us something or are you pointing this out? Not sure about you old buddy Pi dough.

I think Williamsburg will be back in Bowling Green this year, don't you?
pjdoug Wrote:I think Williamsburg will be back in Bowling Green this year, don't you?

The players will have to buy a ticket to get in.Confusednicker:
I have always said Pikeville may be the best team ever assembled. You just can't believe how good they really are. Just look who they have beaten.
You Pikeville fans have it made it would be a freak of humonggus size to get beaten by anyone.
topnotch Wrote:You Pikeville fans have it made it would be a freak of humonggus size to get beaten by anyone.

I would bet that your last thought before going to sleep and your first thought when you wake up is Pikeville.:truestory:
I don't think anyone disputed that Pikeville has played a good schedule. I said Beechwood has played a tougher one though, and I stand by my statement. I'm not gonna change my mind no matter how much you cry. I never said anyones schedule was weak. You are the one that attempted to degrade the schedule we played. It just won't wash and we will prove that in the long run, that much I promise you. Besides your mediocre elementary parent coaching session does not make you any more knowledgeable than if you ha just been a baseball coach.
jetpilot Wrote:The players will have to buy a ticket to get in.Confusednicker:

I think the orange bees will go through Pikeville on the way to Bowling Green.
I think it's still early to be saying who will go to BG. There are at least 3 teams capable of it in the west. There are probably 4 teams capable of going from the east. No one is guaranteed of a title or even a title shot. The teams that start taking that for granted could be setting at home wishing they would have taken someone more serious.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't think anyone disputed that Pikeville has played a good schedule. I said Beechwood has played a tougher one though, and I stand by my statement. I'm not gonna change my mind no matter how much you cry. I never said anyones schedule was weak. You are the one that attempted to degrade the schedule we played. It just won't wash and we will prove that in the long run, that much I promise you. Besides your mediocre elementary parent coaching session does not make you any more knowledgeable than if you ha just been a baseball coach.

We are agreeing on beechwood and I've continually said how great Mayfield's program is. So getting that upset because I think pikeville has a similarly tough schedule and maybe even tougher than beechwood, only shows how terrified you are to play them. You shouldn't have to keep saying over and over and creating threads on how good they are. Its not necessary. They are the champs. They've more than proved themselves over and over. The personal attacks on somebody who has a different opinion is very juvenile, especially since we're agreeing. It also highlights your ignorance. You don't know my background or how many decades I've spent coaching?

If you need me to explain who Napoleon was just let me know?
mysonis55 Wrote:I think it's still early to be saying who will go to BG. There are at least 3 teams capable of it in the west. There are probably 4 teams capable of going from the east. No one is guaranteed of a title or even a title shot. The teams that start taking that for granted could be setting at home wishing they would have taken someone more serious.

are you seriously serious? Confusednicker:
Yeah, you are correct, I'm terrified. We don't like to play tough teams around here. Did you ever stop and think about what you are saying. I am a fan of a school that has played in 19 title games. We always are playing teams above our heads because we want to get better and because we want to play tough. But, yeah I'm scared.

Next, I guess just because we are good I am not allowed to talk about my team. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. I put up these two threads to discuss my team and one to discuss the schedules of the top 8. On the one about the defense it was a question as to whether we were tougher than last years defense. I think we are and so do the coaches. The points given up shows that to this point. Now, because I said something good about my teams defense it becomes something that is related to Pikeville. Who has the complex now? The ind on the rankings of the schedule is simple math. I gave the overall ratings of each teams schedules and then what they were to this point. You came in and started calling me a liar about the fact that a certain team was not ranked in the top ten. However, I am the one being adolescent for bringing it to a personal level. Okay, makes sense to me you win. Duh
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, you are correct, I'm terrified. We don't like to play tough teams around here. Did you ever stop and think about what you are saying. I am a fan of a school that has played in 19 title games. We always are playing teams above our heads because we want to get better and because we want to play tough. But, yeah I'm scared.

Next, I guess just because we are good I am not allowed to talk about my team. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. I put up these two threads to discuss my team and one to discuss the schedules of the top 8. On the one about the defense it was a question as to whether we were tougher than last years defense. I think we are and so do the coaches. The points given up shows that to this point. Now, because I said something good about my teams defense it becomes something that is related to Pikeville. Who has the complex now? The ind on the rankings of the schedule is simple math. I gave the overall ratings of each teams schedules and then what they were to this point. You came in and started calling me a liar about the fact that a certain team was not ranked in the top ten. However, I am the one being adolescent for bringing it to a personal level. Okay, makes sense to me you win. Duh

Thank you for making my point. Mayfield has been in 19 title games with multiple championships. It isn't necessary to exaggerat about their schedule or their defense. They are doing things the right way and the way they do them is working very well. That doesn't mean they have the toughest the schedule? Beechwood and Pikeville both have stronger schedules. Mayfield's opponents are 7 games under .500, and if you combine both beechwood and pikeville's opponents they are 24-12. Mayfield has a couple of strong teams on their schedule, but as of right now there are other schools with tougher overall schedules. That doesn't mean Mayfield won't be in the championship or probably win it because I think they might? It shouldn't upset you? They've more than proven the teams they play prepare them for the post season.
Where are you getting this crap? First of all just go back to page 1 of this thread. I rated the schedules based off the Lit ratings at that time. Mayfield isn't rated #1. Second, I do not agree that Mayfield's schedule has been much if any worse than anyone else's in 1a. Yes we have some big school teams with more losses but look who those schools played. For instance PT has played McCracken, Mayfield, Fort Thomas Highlands and Evansville Mater Dei. That is their four losses. Simply looking at losses is not the tell all.
I see both sides of this. I dont know if Baseball is considering who the losses came against. But idk if e cares either. Correcet me if Im wrong baseball, but your argument isnt "strength of schedule", is it? Seems you are more bothered by any MF fan trying to "justify or make relevant" a team that is probably 3 tds better than any other team at this point in the season? I could be way off base, but thats how it all seems to me. Either way it means nothing to me, dont have a dog in the fight. Just trying to mediate a little lol
I'm not quiet sure what the deal is but, I don't think it's cool to call someone a liar. I'm just stating the facts as I see them and I even brought in proof to justify it. I don't understand the part where I am not allowed to talk about Mayfield because I'm scared of Pikeville. The funny part is that I was the one that was saying that I haven't seen anything where Pikeville fans were thumping there chests. I guess I need to be more careful who I defend.
mysonis55 Wrote:Where are you getting this crap? First of all just go back to page 1 of this thread. I rated the schedules based off the Lit ratings at that time. Mayfield isn't rated #1. Second, I do not agree that Mayfield's schedule has been much if any worse than anyone else's in 1a. Yes we have some big school teams with more losses but look who those schools played. For instance PT has played McCracken, Mayfield, Fort Thomas Highlands and Evansville Mater Dei. That is their four losses. Simply looking at losses is not the tell all.

Do you look at the same logic when looking at Wburg's schedule?

Newport has only one won game and yet their opponents have a combined 3 losses.

Wayne Co. has not dodged anyone and played Bell Co close.

Halls TN has won more games already this year then last and plays in a division in TN that is difficult.

Pike Co. Central, well to be honest I have no idea how they are doing this season.

Harrison Co, plays Ft. Thomas Highlands, but they are struggling to say the least.
Please go back to watching baseball, or do something besides trying to get on here, and thumping your chest about how educated you are. You remind me of boot lieutenants in the marines that want to be long winded, throw out big words to try to sound smart, and brag about there education. This is a football site, we dont need any harvard lawyers on here to talk about football.
I will say the Newport team is a bit better than their record indicates. They are not a bad team. I can't say much for the others listed. It would be like me trying to say Marshall Co is stiff competition.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm not quiet sure what the deal is but, I don't think it's cool to call someone a liar. I'm just stating the facts as I see them and I even brought in proof to justify it. I don't understand the part where I am not allowed to talk about Mayfield because I'm scared of Pikeville. The funny part is that I was the one that was saying that I haven't seen anything where Pikeville fans were thumping there chests. I guess I need to be more careful who I defend.

No Pikeville fans are giving you a hard time here. We have different opinions than you but there's no chest thumping or anything of that nature at all.
According to Calpreps..who I think we all agree is a lot more reliable than the Lit Ratings..especially right now:

SOS:
1. Beechwood- 15.0
2. Pikeville- 13.4
3. Mayfield- 13.0
4. Frankfort- 10.6
5. Hazard- 2.4
6. Raceland- 1.3
7. Holy Cross- (-0.6)
8. Williamsburg- (-1.3)
9. Campbellsville- (-5.6)
10. Russellville- (-6.4)

Best Wins:
1. Pikeville vs. #1050 Belfry
2. Beechwood vs. #2581 Franklin County
3. Mayfield vs. #2733 Paducah Tilghman
4. Pikeville vs. #3396 Hazard
5. Pikeville vs. #3980 Prestonsburg
6. Raceland vs. #4143 Coal Grove (OH)
7. Mayfield vs. #4382 Graves County
8. Mayfield vs. #4708 Murray
9. Frankfort vs. #5162 LCA
10. Holy Cross vs. #5232 Henry County

Overall Toughest Games (Not including other 1A teams):
1. Mayfield vs. #311 McCracken County (Loss)
2. Holy Cross vs. #421 DeSales (Loss)
3. Beechwood vs. #632 Mt. Healthy, OH (Loss)
4. Pikeville vs. #1050 Belfry (WIN)
5. Beechwood vs. #1314 Dixie Heights (Loss)
6t. Beechwood vs. #2581 Franklin County (WIN)
6t. Frankfort vs. #2581 Franklin County (Loss)
8. Mayfield vs. #2733 Paducah Tilghman (WIN)
9. Russellville vs. #3256 Franklin-Simpson (Loss)
10. Pikeville vs. #3980 Prestonsburg (WIN)
Pretty telling stats...

- 3 Teams clearly have the better schedules of the group.
- 5 of the top 10 schedules simply aren't very strong
- Pikeville and Mayfield each w/ 3 of the Top 10 wins this year... Pikeville though with 3 of the 5 best wins... Mayfield only 1 of the 5 best wins.
- Mayfield has played two of the 10 hardest games and went 1-1.That loss though was to by far the best team anyone has faced and it was in OT.
- Beechwood has played three of the 10 toughest games and went 1-2.
- Pikeville has played two of the 10 toughest games and went 2-0.
That's a very good breakdown EKU. Thank you. If I were to say that the McCracken team was the toughest, I would be getting land blasted for the next week.
Lambasted too.
Thanks for the grammar lesson. I knew I could count on you.
topnotch Wrote:I have always said Pikeville may be the best team ever assembled. You just can't believe how good they really are. Just look who they have beaten.

they are tough. you will have to pull out your best effort to beat them and get to Bowling Green.
any time Tpnotch gets nervous, he starts attacking he team that makes him nervous.
Here is the only stat that matters to me

All those gold trophies of late are in my trophy case

just sayin