Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights 34 Newport Central Catholic 13
Final from Saturday afternoon at Newport Stadium. Congrats to the Colonels on the win who improve to 3-1 on the season.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/h.../15971577/

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Dixie had 4 fumbles.
^and still won by 21 points...remarkable Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Good win for Dixie Heights.
E's Army Wrote:Good win for Dixie Heights.

Not when you fumble 4 times they are lucky they won it.
Ok, for once I'm in total agreement with UKfan on this. Once again, this may be hard for some of u (girls parts) to handle here, but I'm going to give u my expertise opinion once more on this game. I know i said i was retiring, but after watching this game, just can't keep my mouth shut.

First, Dixie is very talented, but very undisciplined. I felt going into this game, after seeing SK play, Dixie would be favored by at least 2 TD's. Dixie is way more talented than SK, from the Oline, Dline, QB and RB position. Moore is not very accurate with the ball, that could be a major problem for the colonels but man can he run. If Dixie does not win 6A up here with this team, Dixie should be looking for a new head coach, PERIOD!!! If Dixie turns the ball over like it did against NCC, SK will win the game. Good thing for Dixie is NCC is struggling right now.

That brings me to my second point. I don't blame these kids, i blame the coaches. They r putting kids that r not very good football players in positions to fail. I heard a parent say in the stands, "you have kids starting that haven't played a down of football, even as JV or freshman", absolutely agree. Enslen and smith are hands down the 2 best football players on this team. Blows my mind that u don't move them around to get the ball in their hands every play. Shows a lack of understanding of how to win at football by the O-coordinator. Heres what is going to happen moving forward since we are in district play now. 72 is a beast, btw. I feel bad for the QB, its not fair to him that the Oline whif on every play, run or pass. But like i said, not the players fault, its the coaches. Sorry, sidetracked there. NCC won't play a really good team again until the semis, or maybe even the state game. The same players will start against Lloyd and until that point in the playoffs. NCC will then get its arse handed to it. Because just like last season, no changes will be made. On a positive note, i did see #5 wearing a #68 jersey, he should help the oline tremendously. I guess someone listened to strawberryshakeman.
NewCath is going to have their hands full this week with Lloyd.
I would like too pose this question to anyone involved with the NCC football program, if Eddie was still around, would there be all this beating down of player's, coaches etc. I personally don't think so, would he be putting the best 11 on the field or player's in the right spot's and giving the TEAM the best chance to win? you better believe he would. Ever since he has left you can see the decline in discipline, coach's arguing with coach's, player's with coach's, player's with player's. Someone up on the hill need's to take charge and do the right thing. If soph's should being playing before jr's and jr's playing before senior's so be it, are they trying to win state championship's or worry about feeling's? just asking, I always heard NCC was a disciplined team, well it start's at the top. COME ON !!!!!!!!!! :HitWall:
Unfortunately I have not made a Breds game since the Cooper game. I was under the impression changes were going to be made with a variety of personnel. Based upon what I have read the only change has been the QB. Speedster and NKYFF91 mention several issues, if coaches are bickering in front of the kidz, not good at all. If all this is accurate, even to the smallest degree, that is not good and this team will not make it out of NKY. Kidz bickering is one thing, especially if it is for the right reasons...sick of losing, they have to be frustrated. Sounds like Coach Wagner needs to take control of this Team, Coaches included, and make decisions w/personnel and let those kidz play that are FOOTBALL PLAYERS, this must be the only deciding factor on who is playing. Good luck to the Breds this week against Lloyd.