Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 26 Clay County 6
This is sad and has nothing to do with the coaches. I'm not one to condone a kid for doing anything other than go to school, practice, eat, sleep but failed drug test and possibly meth? Hope the kids who are injured have a full recovery. Hate to see this for the people who really work hard for Clay County Athletics.
fan first Wrote:I'm just gonna come out and say it, ky playmaker and nation you both don't have a clue. The altercation was no way involving a coach or anything to do with football. And crazy things at clay when Knox had the most unreal basketball coaching search in the history of the 13th region and embarrassed everyone around them. Nobody in barbourville can ever through stones at Manchester
Now coach e is facing major problems with his roster. Injuries and other things have left him playing a lot of young kids. It's time for him to step up and show the leadership to right the ship,and prove the naysayers wrong. I think he can and trust him completely

panther nation Wrote:I think the injury bug as really bit them hard this year from what I've heard.

Show me where I said anything about Clays coaches!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
ky playmaker Wrote:My 13 year old was standing at clays locker room when the fight happened and even took pictures of it. He told me it was a clay coach that knocked out. So thats why I wasnt real sure. my apologies.

ky playmaker Wrote:My son did say it wasnt about football. The guy had married the other guys sister

He had married the other guy's daughter
Big Tony summed it up. No need in continuing with the ridiculous "he said, she said" foolishness. Clay's team has been depleted beyond repair anytime soon and no member of the staff was in any kind of altercation. South Laurel got a very unimpressive win and Clay has got to stick together.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Big Tony summed it up. No need in continuing with the ridiculous "he said, she said" foolishness. Clay's team has been depleted beyond repair anytime soon and no member of the staff was in any kind of altercation. South Laurel got a very unimpressive win and Clay has got to stick together.

A very unimpressive win is way better than an unimpressive loss. Just saying
Truth99 Wrote:A very unimpressive win is way better than an unimpressive loss. Just saying

Can't argue that.
What really happened? Did the coaches actually fight with each other.
Omg are u all 4 real. No meth involved and not first time kids failed test. It is everywhere in ky. Read the post fight was not involving coaches or football people read please
If in fact there were drugs and maybe meth, we all need to ask everyone we know to pray for those kids, Meth is a horrible drug.
I wish CC the best but when you have only a running game and no passing attack what so ever.....then it's going to be another long season.......I really like Carr and his ability but all a team has to do is stack the line and stop him from hitting the corners and it is finished.......I really hope we can turn it around but I don't see it happening....It's nothing against the coaches....you just gotta have players......I mean I know it is college but take a look at Kentucky.......see what a difference a passing game can do for a team......It's a simple formula...... Same skill players + New and better quarterback = better results...... I rest my case Smile
I watch clay play several games this summer 7 on 7 they have the talent to pass. I don't know what happen to the passing game.....just saying Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:I watch clay play several games this summer 7 on 7 they have the talent to pass. I don't know what happen to the passing game.....just saying Confusederiously:

I have heard the same thing over the previous few years about how good we look in the summer but then it somehow disappears during the season. I don't know if it is the quarterback, wide outs, or coaches but something isn't clicking.
Will Clay County have any of their injured kids back this week?
Very surprised by this score.
cchsfan4life Wrote:I have heard the same thing over the previous few years about how good we look in the summer but then it somehow disappears during the season. I don't know if it is the quarterback, wide outs, or coaches but something isn't clicking.

Clay opened the season looking pretty good. Juggernaut? No, but looking better. Dressed around 50 players. The injury bug and other problems struck hard and they lost 10 starting positions...not 10 players, but 10 positions. that's hard for most teams to overcome. The returning players with a young QB matched the WingT offense well and that was going to be their main offensive attack. After the injuries and such, the staff decided to spread the field and help the depleted O Line out. It worked "OK" for the first half at South but their huge defensive line took its toll on Clay and they had no answer.

Long season ahead, no need for controversy and blaming coaches, it is what it is, nothing more.
64SUR Wrote:I watch clay play several games this summer 7 on 7 they have the talent to pass. I don't know what happen to the passing game.....just saying Confusederiously:

Make no mistake, the current O Line is depleted, but the guys left are young and doing their best. Lost too many up front and that's where (anyone that knows anything about football) it matters. if anything positive can taken from this, it's that some young OL guys are getting experience, they're doing what they can.