Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbell County @ NCC
Campbell came off a tough loss to the Birds last week and NCC got roughed up by Cooper. What do these teams need to do to get on the winning track?
NEWCATH needs to make some changes on their offensive line. Blocking was atrocious against Cooper.
Campbell co by 18.
Onespiritedfan Wrote:NEWCATH needs to make some changes on their offensive line. Blocking was atrocious against Cooper.

The Breds got killed at right tackle, so much there were 5 different personnel changes there in the first half. I hope it gets fixed this week or it's going to be a repeat of last week. Campbell Co appears to be a better running team than passing and NCC seems to have a better run defense than passing, so this could make for an interesting match up. This is a low scoring game like last year. I'll take NCC 17-14.
Camels roll and win by 2-3 scores...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Bigger question does NCC score any points this week?
Yea, scoring would help. Lol! They will. New Qb, maybe different people in the backfield, adjustments up front combine for a different outcome.
Camels
Watch out, tampax, sh$tcake and some others are going to be all over you guys for being negative.
Im in agreement after what we all saw at Cooper. Oline changes need to be made as well as some other positions. Rumors are that Smith was benched for his lack of effort and willingness to block for others. Anyone else hear the same? Same things we struggled with him last year. Pretty sure i mentioned that over the summer and i got killed for it, funny how things seem to be reality with some of these kids. Anyone tell me why Frey is not playing on passing downs on Defense? This kid is an excellent pass rusher, much like his older brother was. Tallon, Neff, Lawrence, Hoover, Wieland should be ur starting 5 on the Oline. Hands down. Ill still stand by my previous statements, Grey should be the QB, just like he should have been last year. However, ill say this, Henchen looked pretty good in limited action against Cooper. This game could get ugly early. Lickert has a little Dale in him and will run NCC into the ground if he can. Camels by at least 3 TDs.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Watch out, tampax, sh$tcake and some others are going to be all over you guys for being negative.

Glad to know that I am always on your mind.Confusednicker: You must make daily runs to the grocery store or drug store since you always have "tampax" on your mind.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Yea, scoring would help. Lol! They will. New Qb, maybe different people in the backfield, adjustments up front combine for a different outcome.

Who would be the different people in the backfield? What would the adjustments up front be? Have they for sure made the change at QB this week to Henschen?
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Im in agreement after what we all saw at Cooper. Oline changes need to be made as well as some other positions. Rumors are that Smith was benched for his lack of effort and willingness to block for others. Anyone else hear the same? Same things we struggled with him last year. Pretty sure i mentioned that over the summer and i got killed for it, funny how things seem to be reality with some of these kids. Anyone tell me why Frey is not playing on passing downs on Defense? This kid is an excellent pass rusher, much like his older brother was. Tallon, Neff, Lawrence, Hoover, Wieland should be ur starting 5 on the Oline. Hands down. Ill still stand by my previous statements, Grey should be the QB, just like he should have been last year. However, ill say this, Henchen looked pretty good in limited action against Cooper. This game could get ugly early. Lickert has a little Dale in him and will run NCC into the ground if he can. Camels by at least 3 TDs.

I agree with several points. If Neff is struggling in the backfield, put him back on the line where he has played the last 2 years. If not, they are going to take their lumps on the line for the whole season. One possible option would be to put Pangallo at center, he's the long snapper, and move Wieland to tackle. Pangallo is athletic and a smart kid who can handle that position. Wieland played some tackle last year and is quick enough to do the things they want from that position. No doubt, Harris at super , and if they moved Anderson to wr that gives Henschen a taller target.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I agree with several points. If Neff is struggling in the backfield, put him back on the line where he has played the last 2 years. If not, they are going to take their lumps on the line for the whole season. One possible option would be to put Pangallo at center, he's the long snapper, and move Wieland to tackle. Pangallo is athletic and a smart kid who can handle that position. Wieland played some tackle last year and is quick enough to do the things they want from that position. No doubt, Harris at super , and if they moved Anderson to wr that gives Henschen a taller target.

So is Neff struggling in the backfield? I thought Smith was the running back. Who started on the oline in game 1? Harris at super? What is that? Just because Anderson is tall does not make him a great receiver. Couldn't one argue that Henschen is tall and would make a good receiver for Anderson?
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I agree with several points. If Neff is struggling in the backfield, put him back on the line where he has played the last 2 years. If not, they are going to take their lumps on the line for the whole season. One possible option would be to put Pangallo at center, he's the long snapper, and move Wieland to tackle. Pangallo is athletic and a smart kid who can handle that position. Wieland played some tackle last year and is quick enough to do the things they want from that position. No doubt, Harris at super , and if they moved Anderson to wr that gives Henschen a taller target.
Pangallo is a good athlete, but it makes more sense to try Brooks, who is one of the back up centers and center for JV, in as center for varsity and move Wieland over to tackle. They need size on the line and he is solid.
[quote=NKYfootballfan91]Im in agreement after what we all saw at Cooper. Oline changes need to be made as well as some other positions. Rumors are that Smith was benched for his lack of effort and willingness to block for others. Anyone else hear the same? Same things we struggled with him last year. Pretty sure i mentioned that over the summer and i got killed for it, funny how things seem to be reality with some of these kids. Anyone tell me why Frey is not playing on passing downs on Defense? This kid is an excellent pass rusher, much like his older brother was. Tallon, Neff, Lawrence, Hoover, Wieland should be ur starting 5 on the Oline. Hands down. Ill still stand by my previous statements, Grey should be the QB, just like he should have been last year. However, ill say this, Henchen looked pretty good in limited action against Cooper. This game could get ugly early. Lickert has a little Dale in him and will run NCC into the ground if he can. Camels by at least 3 TDs.[/QUOT

Smith being benched is absolutely not true! But I'm sure you look for any reason to throw a kid under the bus don't you??? It's obvious that you don't like him, but why don't you try focusing your time on something positive.....
Though its early on, this is one of the seemingly weakeat NCC teams I can recall in recet years. Especially upfront. I like Campbell Co by 3 scores. I will say though, this isnt the first time that NCC has looked rough in the early part of the season. I think it was 2006 when they began the season 0-5 and then rattled off 10 consecutive wins on their way to another title. Still see vast improvement to be made on their OL though.

Campbell Co 28
NCC 17
NDFOTBALLJUNKIE Wrote:[quote=NKYfootballfan91]Im in agreement after what we all saw at Cooper. Oline changes need to be made as well as some other positions. Rumors are that Smith was benched for his lack of effort and willingness to block for others. Anyone else hear the same? Same things we struggled with him last year. Pretty sure i mentioned that over the summer and i got killed for it, funny how things seem to be reality with some of these kids. Anyone tell me why Frey is not playing on passing downs on Defense? This kid is an excellent pass rusher, much like his older brother was. Tallon, Neff, Lawrence, Hoover, Wieland should be ur starting 5 on the Oline. Hands down. Ill still stand by my previous statements, Grey should be the QB, just like he should have been last year. However, ill say this, Henchen looked pretty good in limited action against Cooper. This game could get ugly early. Lickert has a little Dale in him and will run NCC into the ground if he can. Camels by at least 3 TDs.[/

Smith being benched is absolutely not true! But I'm sure you look for any reason to throw a kid under the bus don't you??? It's obvious that you don't like him, but why don't you try focusing your time on something positive.....

Absolutely not true about your statement regarding ill feelings towards Smith or any other kid. If you ever coached, and I'm assuming you have, it's easy to get critical with your statements to kids especially when you are in constant contact with them. I bet you are more harsh with your own kid than someone else's? Same thing here but it's in a public forum instead of keeping it on the field. My dad use to criticize me to death and I think and hope it made me a better person (sometimes, lol). I don't take his statements as bashing, he just wants the kid to realize he is better than how he is performing. Jmo.:ChairHit:
Yeah, i sent u a pm ND. Always been a supporter of his. Nothing i have said is not true. I also asked if there were any truth to the rumors. Pay attention to the post. Ur problem should be with schneider if in fact he has been benched. Like i said, last i heard he was backing up Bartels and was not working a super back. I was told it was for his lack of not pass blocking and schnieder had had enough. As i pointed out, same things we struggled with him last season. If he wants to continue playing this game after high school, he better figure it out that this is a team game. He has the talent thats for sure.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:The Breds got killed at right tackle, so much there were 5 different personnel changes there in the first half. I hope it gets fixed this week or it's going to be a repeat of last week. Campbell Co appears to be a better running team than passing and NCC seems to have a better run defense than passing, so this could make for an interesting match up. This is a low scoring game like last year. I'll take NCC 17-14.

If NCC scores 17, it will be because the Camels JV 2nd stringers were in the game! Plessinger has thrown for 160 yards combined for the Camels in the first two games. He will throw for more than 160 in this game. I don't see this game looking anything like last year, this one has the making of the game in 2012.

It is Gray with an "A" to the NCC poster. I wish Brandon well and look forward to seeing him healthy on the field again.
Yeah, apologies about the spelling. For the record, i also pushed to have Smith moved to QB. No one mentions that.
So have any changes been made for this weeks game?
NCC goes down 36-0 last week and this week could be worse. Look for the Camels to win big. Tough first 4 weeks for NCC this year!
Camels pitch a shutout in this one. 21-0
Ouch, I hate to say it. Camels by a bunch. Changes are needed up on the hill, both lineup and coaching wise. Playing for some of those coaches can make you want to quit the game.
MrBWesley Wrote:Ouch, I hate to say it. Camels by a bunch. Changes are needed up on the hill, both lineup and coaching wise. Playing for some of those coaches can make you want to quit the game.

Yeah, the coaches are terrible...being held accountable is too old school. Get out of here.
Questioning coaching that holds kids accountable and demand discipline is certainly the way of the world today, but is absolutely stupid. If you want to quit you need to look yourself in the mirror and ask why you have a lack of character.
All the talk about bad coaching going on at NCC? Is this not the same group that was there last year? I did not hear all this grumbling last year.
People who consider quitting due to being pushed and held accountable have low character.
Stardust Wrote:If NCC scores 17, it will be because the Camels JV 2nd stringers were in the game! Plessinger has thrown for 160 yards combined for the Camels in the first two games. He will throw for more than 160 in this game. I don't see this game looking anything like last year, this one has the making of the game in 2012.

It is Gray with an "A" to the NCC poster. I wish Brandon well and look forward to seeing him healthy on the field again.

Congrats to the Camels, nice win! I hope you can keep the moentum going the rest of the year. By the way Stardust, you were completely wrong in everything you said in the bolded paragragh. Secondly, that makeup in your picture makes you look fat!