Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mastery Charter P.A @ Johnson Central (Sept. 6)
:popcorn: Who wins?
Now before every body starts bashing that mastery charter is no good ,
They finished in front of Imhotep charter last year in p.a public league , who beat cardinal mooney Ohio 31- 27 last week and plays trinity this week ,
Well by that logic, unless they bring a JV squad... MC 62 JC 20.

But that isn't the case. Last season they finished 10-2 being ranked nationally around the same ranking as Seneca in Louisville. Imhotep Charter finished 11th in Pennsylvania, where as Mastery Charter finished 235th.

Johnson Central should win in a close one.
Mastery charter beat Martin Luther king once last year and lost two them in the play offs
Martin Luther king beat Imhotep charter who has beat cardinal mooney for the last two years , so I believe this mastery is better team than people thinks ,
Plenty of Youtube highlights available out there for them. Most of them are basically game films; they're all 30-40 minutes long and not well edited. But one thing leaps out: they sure LOOK athletic.
Just the name alone makes them sound good. I'll go with Johnson Central in a hillbilly ass kicking
Anybody know this teams colors and mascot?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Anyone care enough to post a list of starters for JC? With grades?
Central 56 mastery charter 13.
Matney wont bring in a team from out-of-state that could beat JC.

JC - 50
PA - 21
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Anybody know this teams colors and mascot?

On YouTube blue and white
ThePit Wrote:Matney wont bring in a team from out-of-state that could beat JC.

JC - 50
PA - 21

Just like D won't schedule a game for Pburg he doesn't think he can win? He has brought in several out of state teams that have beat him over the years at JC.
eagles2011 Wrote:Now before every body starts bashing that mastery charter is no good ,
They finished in front of Imhotep charter last year in p.a public league , who beat cardinal mooney Ohio 31- 27 last week and plays trinity this week ,

Not bashing. I was told by my good friend who is from that area that its a charter school with 34 players on the roster.
This is me Wrote:Not bashing. I was told by my good friend who is from that area that its a charter school with 34 players on the roster.

Now we know your stretching the truth because there isn't anyone that likes your fat ass around here let alone in Philadelphia.
Calpreps has Mastery Charter as a 13.9

Comparative to Kentucky teams:
Lawrence County 13.9

John Hardin 15.1
PRP 14.9
Fairview 13.5
Paducah Tilghman 13.4
Conner 12.8

Last year they finished as a 9.3
Comparative to these 2013 KY teams:

Lawrence County 10.1
Perry Central 9.9
Seneca 9.3
Union County 8.9

They return 6 starters on Offense and 8 on defense

TOP PLAYERS
Isaiah Freeman 5'11" 210 Senior LB 4.60
Taqee Ross 5'8" 175 4.48
Dante Simms 6'1" 245 Senior DL/OL 5.00

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES
Team Strengths: Off-Season Work Ethic
Team Weaknesses: Senior Leadership

If I had to make a comparison I am going to say they are most reminiscent of our standard issue Jefferson County Public School team.

Not as bad as a Shawnee, Atherton, Southern, or Iroqouis..... not nearly as good as a Central, Male, Ballard

Think of a Fairdale or Doss.

JC 48
Mastery Charter 20
In west Philadelphia born and raised..... On the playground is where I spent most of my days.........
I am asking an honest question, why does Johnson Central schedule so many out of state games during the regular season? I don't have a problem with competing against out of state teams, I was just curious why they are not playing any Lex/Central Kentucky teams.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I am asking an honest question, why does Johnson Central schedule so many out of state games during the regular season? I don't have a problem with competing against out of state teams, I was just curious why they are not playing any Lex/Central Kentucky teams.

Most of them are not willing to come to Johnson Central to play.
Wate and see this team runs the same plays as cov cath sweeps delay handoffs draws screens just makes us better at defending these type of teams , and if you watch them on YouTube they got plenty of speed .
If these teams are so bad in this league with their 34 players why does trinity and cardinal mooney play them ?
eagles2011 Wrote:Wate and see this team runs the same plays as cov cath sweeps delay handoffs draws screens just makes us better at defending these type of teams , and if you watch them on YouTube they got plenty of speed .
If these teams are so bad in this league with their 34 players why does trinity and cardinal mooney play them ?

They don't play this team.

Imhotep Charter is the #3 team in Pennsylvania 3A

Mastery Charter North is the #56 ranked team in Pennsylvania 3A

That's like saying playing Johnson Central is the same as playing Boyd County.
They may be the same size school and play in the same district but they are two totally different teams.

I still think this isn't a horrible game, but at the same time I would be shocked if JC doesn't take this team to the woodshed.
Diogenes Wrote:Most of them are not willing to come to Johnson Central to play.

Bingo. Any team willing to schedule a 2 year deal are the ones JC tries to play. With JC playing Lexington Catholic in Freshmen and JV this season maybe something will open up there.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In west Philadelphia born and raised..... On the playground is where I spent most of my days.........

Please don't play that. Fine line between being tactful and disrespectful. Thought you did a good job the other night.
Don Carlo Wrote:Now we know your stretching the truth because there isn't anyone that likes your fat ass around here let alone in Philadelphia.

:yawn:
Lynch47 Wrote:Please don't play that. Fine line between being tactful and disrespectful. Thought you did a good job the other night.

With all do respect...

If we went to play a school in PA, and they played a Loretta Lynn song or Blue Moon of Kentucky, you know we'd all sing along to it. I was gonna play that during halftime and have Tafoya announce "If you know the words, then sing along."

And thanks for the compliment Smile
Lynch47 Wrote:Bingo. Any team willing to schedule a 2 year deal are the ones JC tries to play. With JC playing Lexington Catholic in Freshmen and JV this season maybe something will open up there.

Boyle did that with JC a few years ago. It was a great experience for the Rebels to go to JC and play. :Thumbs:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With all do respect...

If we went to play a school in PA, and they played a Loretta Lynn song or Blue Moon of Kentucky, you know we'd all sing along to it. I was gonna play that during halftime and have Tafoya announce "If you know the words, then sing along."

With all due respect, some people don't have a childish sense of humor and may take it offensive. Just like the Harlan Co. game last season, playing Paisely pissed some of them off. Two things we can't change, our family and where we come from. No reason to rib poke them after a 10 hour bus ride. Let them enjoy the game without trying to make a joke out of it.
Hatz Wrote:Boyle did that with JC a few years ago. It was a great experience for the Rebels to go to JC and play. :Thumbs:

It was a great experience for both teams despite us coming up short both games. With Boyle moving to 3A and Belfry waiting on the West's winner, maybe a few teams will be interested in making the journey to Johnson County to expose their teams to what they will see.
JC wins by two scores
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In west Philadelphia born and raised..... On the playground is where I spent most of my days.........

Lynch47 Wrote:Please don't play that. Fine line between being tactful and disrespectful. Thought you did a good job the other night.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:With all do respect...

And thanks for the compliment Smile

Lynch47 Wrote:With all due respect, some people don't have a childish sense of humor and may take it offensive. Just like the Harlan Co. game last season, playing Paisely pissed some of them off. Two things we can't change, our family and where we come from. No reason to rib poke them after a 10 hour bus ride. Let them enjoy the game without trying to make a joke out of it.

Just an example...
If we played a team from Alabama, I would play "Sweet Home Alabama"
If we played a team from Tennessee, I would play "Rocky Top"
If we played a team from Miami, I would play "I'm Going To Miami" by Will Smith
If we played a team from Georgia, I would play "Georgia on my Mind"

It's not a "rib poke" at anybody.....
It's the same as playing a Chris Stapleton song at JC games.

I will bet you that the fans from this school will appreciate the gesture.